PDA

View Full Version : It can't be Wednesday already!

Monique
June 28th, 2017, 07:07 AM
Holy moly where did the week go?

I think it is going to be ANOTHER wet day and cooler as well. I don't know what has happened to Mother Nature this year!! Not much of a summer so far.

I was busy at work yesterday with the post office being closed on Monday. BUT it did make the day go quicker for sure. I am just about done quilting the hexie quilt. I will have to take a picture.

Today Bonnie and I are going grocery shopping. Les works day tomorrow and I work on Friday so I may try and get out this afternoon if it isn't too wet and pick some more strawberries. I want to make freezer jam.

So that is what my day is shaping up to be.

I wish you all a great day. And I never did find those dang blades I bought.

Star lover
June 28th, 2017, 07:16 AM
Mornin Monique and everyone....

Yup Wednesday....seems like time flies faster the older we get.....

It's been cooler here, not our typical weather.... but I don't mind. We don't have a garden this year, so no worries that the tomatoes are unhappy. So sad you haven't found your blades....I sure hope they're not gone for good...so very sad.

Gotta cut the lawn sometime today. We're suppose to have 3 days of rain, so better now. But I'd rather be in my sewing room.
Have 3 full blocks hand quilted on My Father's Legacy. Looking nice, I like it lots so far. Our Independance Day is coming up soon, so probably no sewing then....lots of family stuff going on.

Hugs and love for so many out there. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Iris Girl
June 28th, 2017, 08:15 AM
Morning everyone! Today will be gorgeous 70's , sunny no humidity. Have to take my car in for an oil change, then a quick trip to Joann's. Then home to sew. Almost have my Halloween hanging/runner done for the swap. Time is flying. In a week or 2 Halloween will start appearing in the store...
Have a great one all!

Carol336
June 28th, 2017, 08:25 AM
Time is flying. In a week or 2 Halloween will start appearing in the store...
Have a great one all!

Bite your tongue April.....

Lyndaj
June 28th, 2017, 08:27 AM
It's a lovely sunny day here.

Well, three things happened in the last few days: 1. Quentin my Bernina Q24 long arm arrived and was set up on Sunday afternoon, 2. I spent the last 2 days in class with Angela Walters!!!!!, 3. I decided not to register for QuiltCon because all of the quilting classes were sold out by the time I managed to get online to try to register (really sad about this).

The timing of having classes with Angela and my long arm arriving is amazing. If you ever get the chance to take classes with her...DO IT!!!!! She is just so amazing and lovely. She puts a different spin on things. I'm just such a happy camper.

Have a great day peeps.

Why do my pictures always turn out sideways?

KarenC
June 28th, 2017, 08:50 AM
Congrats on the long arm and the classes with Angela. I had the pleasure of taking classes with her last year. One class had 6 students and the other had 4. I agree with you, she was amazing.

Bubby
June 28th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Hi Everyone....I had a seriously stressful day in Cuba yesterday. Today I feel like I was dragged all the way home.

Lindaj, I'm so happy you got your longarm and got to take classes with Angela. It doesn't get any better than that !! I recently watched her quilt one of Tula's quilts and it turned out fabulous! You have to be fearless and jump in with both feet!

I think I missed the forum a couple days...too much going on. It sounds like MM and Pat need some extra prayer.

We had an escaped convict loose in our area for a couple days but Jeff says he was captured.

I'm off to catch up with the laundry and make a shopping list.

Wishing everyone a good day......

JCY
June 28th, 2017, 09:01 AM
Good Morning ~ It will be another hot one here. Hopefully not quite as hot as yest. It got up to a scorching 104 deg.! And there was a very hot wind. Not good for fire danger. Our skies were very hazy from the smoke from Utah fires, the weatherman said.

Angela Walters ~ I really enjoy all her tutorials. I'll be seeing her in person in 2 wks. when she comes to our guild. I'll be taking her class, Borders & Backgrounds. I'm really looking forward to that.

I didn't do much real sewing yest., but I worked at collecting FQs, strips of batting to piece together, etc. to put make FQ sized sandwiches. We're supposed to have 4-5 of those for Angela's class. I sorted through some of my old practice quilt blocks. I may use some of those as well. Prior to the class, I'll have to do some practice FMQ on my DSM. I've been quilting on the Tiara for 2 yrs.

No more time now.

Lyndaj
June 28th, 2017, 09:13 AM
Good Morning ~ It will be another hot one here. Hopefully not quite as hot as yest. It got up to a scorching 104 deg.! And there was a very hot wind. Not good for fire danger. Our skies were very hazy from the smoke from Utah fires, the weatherman said.

Angela Walters ~ I really enjoy all her tutorials. I'll be seeing her in person in 2 wks. when she comes to our guild. I'll be taking her class, Borders & Backgrounds. I'm really looking forward to that.

I didn't do much real sewing yest., but I worked at collecting FQs, strips of batting to piece together, etc. to put make FQ sized sandwiches. We're supposed to have 4-5 of those for Angela's class. I sorted through some of my old practice quilt blocks. I may use some of those as well. Prior to the class, I'll have to do some practice FMQ on my DSM. I've been quilting on the Tiara for 2 yrs.

No more time now.

Enjoy your class with Angela. I didn't get to take the Borders & Backgrounds class as it is today and my DH needs the car, so I'm not there unfortunately.

The fact that you have been quilting for 2 years on a long arm, will be helpful. She caters her classes to everyone, new quilters, quilters who have been doing it for a while, long arm quilters and domestic machine quilters.

She was simply so lovely and so knoweledgeable. I even got to hug her!

Star lover
June 28th, 2017, 09:34 AM
I[QUOTE=Lyndaj;968631. Why do my pictures always turn out sideways?[/QUOTE]

.....to give us some exercise...enjoy your "affair" with Quentin!

Lyndaj
June 28th, 2017, 09:49 AM
I

.....to give us some exercise...enjoy your "affair" with Quentin!

Hahaha...too funny.

Simply Quilting
June 28th, 2017, 10:30 AM
Good Morning! It is on the cool side this morning as we had storms move through the area during the night. We dropped the children off to camp on Monday. So yesterday was just a chill day as dh slept most of the day. The ice machine is his favorite friend since surgery. He is getting along well for all that he had to have done. I ended up with a head cold from one of the children so I've not been nearly as productive as I would like to be but that is okay.

No huge plans for the day just going to relax and enjoy snuggling with a sweet little boy.

Have a great day everyone :)

Carolnnc
June 28th, 2017, 11:10 AM
Good morning! It's nice here today but headed back towards to dang hot and humid. I have a dreaded mamogram today and then it's back home to work on a string quilt. I have strips from four old quilts from the 40's and 50's and have slowly been sewing. I have five more blocks to go and then I get to sew them together. As you can imagine it's rather eye popping. DH keeps walking thru the quilt cave, looking at the design wall and shaking his head. I finally said, "what?" and he said, "well, maybe a border will help it."
Hope everyone has a great day filled with quilting!

Georgie Girl
June 28th, 2017, 11:20 AM
Morning everyone. Was up earlier (5.30) but had to drive my son to work and just got back. Fun day yesterday shopping with quilting buddies and lunch. We stopped at a small quilt shop after lunch that we had never been to. Big mistake for 2 of us. The most beautiful Two Fabric Bargello was hanging on the wall. I'm really not a class person but I really want to make that quilt to hang in my living room so we ended signing up for the class and bought the pattern and material. Problem is we had already bought and two other shops and had run across this shop by accident. She had some really neat and different fabrics. Need to save up some money for when we go back for the class in September. Today I'll be getting my orange/red/yellow 10" squares ready for mailing and petting my new purchases. Makes my pig valve flutter. Our famous Summer Fest starts today in Milwaukee. The weather isn't looking to good for the first day. Poring rain at the moment. Actually looking a little nasty. Have a hair appointment at 3. Looking forward to that as I need to hide those grays. Have a good day everyone.