PDA

View Full Version : got whammied

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
June 27th, 2017, 09:15 AM
Hi everyone thank you for all your prayers. My shoulder surgery went good, but and it is a biggie.
I had what they call a surgical stress heart attack on the left side of the heart.

I go see my cardiologist tomorrow. He will probably want to do a cardiac cauterization to see what exactly is going on with my heart arteries. I have a lot of artery disease so I won't be surprised if I need another stent. I have several stents now but they are on the right side, this time the attack was on the left.

Getting some strength back in this old body. I've been just resting and recovering. I want this old body recovered from the heart attack as much as possible as quickly as possible just in case I have to be put under anesthesia again for a cauterization.

I should know tomorrow what the doctor wants to do. I will keep y'all informed.

After all I have to get back to my old self before the retreat.
Pam

MayinJerset
June 27th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Glad the surgery is over and you recover quickly.

GrammaBabs
June 27th, 2017, 09:36 AM
Speedy recovery!! Be well,,, gotta get back to that quilting right??? :) GB

Star lover
June 27th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Oh Pam, saw your other post and didn't know about your heart. How scary. So thankful tour shoulder is good. I'll keep praying for you and your appointment tomorrow.

cv quilter
June 27th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Pam, happy to hear the shoulder surgery went well. Not happy to hear about the stress heart attack ! Sounds like you are a fighter and I will keep positive thoughts about how the heart cath goes and what it uncovers.

grammaterry
June 27th, 2017, 10:24 AM
Oh my
That is a biggy. I hope you heal quickly

redcaboose1717
June 27th, 2017, 11:05 AM

Pam glad to know your surgery is over, but sorry you will have to go for more tests etc.

(((((HUGS))))

JCY
June 27th, 2017, 11:25 AM
One day at a time. Sorry to hear about the added stress of the cardiac problems. I hope all turns out okay. May you heal quickly. Thoughts & prayers.

Judy, USMC
June 27th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Wish you well - looking forward to meeting you at the retreat!

bubba
June 27th, 2017, 03:01 PM
Goodness!! I hope all goes well!

jjkaiser
June 27th, 2017, 04:27 PM
Stress heart attack? Wow that sounds scary, hope fixing it is nothing major. You have a wonderful attitude I am sure that will be a great help in your speedy recovery. You might not be able to sew right away because of your shoulder, but you can always sew in your mind, plan the next project, etc. Plus you can probably still shop online so all is not completely lost!!

Cokie
June 27th, 2017, 07:34 PM
So sorry to hear about the heart problem but happy the shoulder surgery went well. One day at a time...that's all we can do anyway. Sending a (gentle) hug and prayers for the best possible outcome.

SallyO'Sews
June 29th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Hope you're getting the rest and recuperation you need! Quilty hugs from all of us on the Forum.

seaturtle
June 29th, 2017, 10:39 PM
Just checking in to see how the DR's appt. went. Hope you're resting and recovering and all is on the mend. Looking forward to meeting you in September.

Monique
June 30th, 2017, 07:19 AM
I wish you a speedy recovery and that all goes well for you.