PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday morning hellos!!!

Monique
June 27th, 2017, 07:30 AM
Good morning friends. I am sad this morning. I opened up Facebook to find out a member of the community died. Dr. Grant Rogers was a vet but also a respected member of the community. His wife Anne, was a fellow Lionette, but know she suffers from dementia. My word, what will happen to her. His death comes as a complete shock to me this morning. I knew he was waiting for surgery (he had cancer again). My heart is heavy today.

I am off to work today. Brought my large half hexie quilt to try and finish. I didn't do much of anything yesterday. I just didn't have the gumption.

I did go pick some strawberries and will have some with lunch today.

Have a great day friends.

Carol336
June 27th, 2017, 07:50 AM
Good morning Monique and all who follow.

Sky a bit dark here this morning.....hope it brightens up before my 10am aerobics class....or not...feeling a little off this morning so any excuse to miss that class would work just fine....LOL
Haven't done much sewing lately...just a bunch of microwave potato bags to add to my craft show inventory. Have to start my choo choo quilt for our new grandson. He's not arriving till October.so I do have a little time yet. I'm having g trouble deciding how to cut the train fabric....I guess you would call it fussy cutting. I think I'll post a picture and get you all's expert opinions.
Need to find some Joe...have a l o very day everyone

Star lover
June 27th, 2017, 08:13 AM
Good morning everyone! Seems like fall lately. Been in the 70's and low humidity....love it. Even gets cool enough at night to use a quilt...happy day....or night. Not much going on here. Lots of hard work while it's nice.

Hope everyone has a stupendous day...even though there are so many hurting, sad and suffering. My heart goes out to you all....
But the sun is up and it is shining, even if the clouds hide it! Love and hugs to all....have a wonderful day.

Iris Girl
June 27th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Morning all. Monique sorry to hear of your community's loss. It will be showery or T- stormy here most of the day. Its ok work day for me. Hope people are in a better mood today, seems like everyone was grumpy yesterday and so many crabby customers, after awhile I just shut my mouth and trudged through my day. Thank goodness I only work 4 to 5 hours a day, not sure I could take 8 hours some days, and for sure my feet and hips wouldn't. Working on assembling my Halloween runner Its going to be as cute or cuter then the first one. Tomorrow I am off but need to get the car in for an oil change since the *wrench* went on on the dash. Then I get the day to sew. Have a great one all . Hugs to all who need them.

KPH
June 27th, 2017, 08:57 AM
Good Morning All,

So sorry for your loss, Monique. Mom had dementia, I hope your friend has family that will step up and help in your friend's care.

We had another afternoon of severe storms, and it sounds like we'll have another batch this afternoon.

I'm hoping to find my sewing room floor today. I unpacked all of my Montessori Albums and sorted through some of the works I had to make in training. My charts are still out in the garage. So today, I'm sorting materials and putting them in proper order to send back to storage, until I need them with grands.

It's our 36th anniversary today. I guess we celebrated yesterday by putting all the china and crystal into the china cabinet we found at Community Hospice Thrift Store. It was a half price day, so for 150 we picked up a huge Drexel China cab. with three thick glass shelves. It's a beauty! All of our cheap crystal, Mom's crystal, and Howard's grandma's "H" glasses take up the whole top shelf. I set up one place setting of Mom's, Howard's Grandma's, and my china on one shelf with items from my great grandmother's on either end. The third glass shelf is all serving pieces from my grandmothers. The bottom shelf is all serving pieces from the china sets.
7 place settings of my china, 15 place settings of mom's china and 11 place settings of Howard's grandma's china is stacked below. It's tight, but it's all in there and safe!

I tried my best to get DS#1 to come get his great grandma's china since his wife said they wanted it when they got married. I guess, I'm storing it until they buy their next house! I have no idea where they'd put it in that tiny kitchen with a dining room with no place for a china cabinet, or even a small curio. That room is all archways and windows! He'll have to build a corner hutch! lol, that's his problem!

Coffee's ready, come on by and have a cup!

cv quilter
June 27th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Good morning. Monique, what a sad loss for you and for your community. I hope that working on your half hexi will lighten your spirits today. We are sizzling here in AZ, WISHING, PRAYING for some of the rain that you all are getting. Our monsoons are on the way, but are taking their time. Only supposed to be 90 degrees today...we have been high 90s/low 100s for the past several days. We are parched. I'll work in my sewing room today still organizing and wrapping my fabrics on magazine boards. Sure love the way they are so neat and easy to see what I have. Hoping you all have a happy day.

redcaboose1717
June 27th, 2017, 10:58 AM
Good Morning Monique....!
So sorry to hear about Dr. Grant Rogers.....Hopefully his wife has family that will be able to help her.

Strawberries ! That sounds awesome!
I am in the process of making Macaroni Salad today....my (paternal) Grandma always made Macaroni Salad with the little "Bow Tie" Macaroni....and I think of her when I make it.
As long as I have all the things in the kitchen out for making salads, I am going to make a little bit of Broccoli Salad ( I put sunflower seeds in mine ) and some Ham Salad for sandwiches ....

Now you have gone and done it Monique......I am really getting hungry just typing here !
Well, off to get a snack !

JCY
June 27th, 2017, 11:42 AM
Good morning, Everyone. Sunny here, but not bright sunlight. There have been ozone warnings lately. But it is hot. It was 94 yest. & will be hotter today. I have my dental appt. at 10 a.m. for that filling. Then I need a few groc. & will stop at my LQS to show & tell my 2 latest quilts. She takes pics & posts them on their fb page. DH warned me not to buy any fabric. He's worried about the bal. in the check book -- but I'm sure there's enough $ for a few FQs if I find some orphans calling out to me! LOL

My sewing yest. included sewing the ties on to the new apron. That's finished. I also did some hand sewing on the 4 corners of 2 quilts & hand sewed on 2 labels (which is my least favorite part of the whole process).

Time now to eat breakfast & get ready to go. Have a good day.