PDA

View Full Version : Who Hoots with the Night Owls?

kimsophia
June 24th, 2017, 01:53 AM
Anybody up? I'm up but I'm not sure for how long...I slept 12 hours yesterday and woke up at normal people time, 8 a.m.

My Kaffe Fassett bright colors charm pack arrived today for the roofs of my schoolhouse quilt and it had 40 different fabrics, all beautiful...I'm so pleased. I only need 25 roofs so I get to pick out the best! I also figured out how to use more of the green Kaffe jellyroll I got from Missouri Star on it to eliminate the paper pieced hexagon area on the original pattern (I don't know how to paper piece and I don't want to learn). Because I'm altering the instructions I needed to measure my remaining background fabric and calculate the layout. I'm not very good at that so I'm hoping I figured right. I'll need to piece one schoolhouse's background because I didn't have enough for the last block. I bought enough but the directions had me cut the tree blocks too big and trim them to 8 1/2 inches and that wasted enough fabric to lose the length I needed by a few inches. Arg. This quilt is so wildly colored I don't think anybody will notice the background of one house.

I'm still waiting on the Mistyfuse shipment so I wound bobbins and got the machine set up and ready to sew.

What's up in your nest? @,@

redcaboose1717
June 24th, 2017, 02:36 AM
I am....I was surfing the net.....watching old "Sonny & Cher" videos on YouTube....and there was a video of Sonny & Cher on the David Letterman show that was funny....

I am looking at tutorials ( quilt ) as well.....I decided to make a small sail boat quilt.....( a baby quilt ) after I watched this week's "Quilt Snips" video.....So, I have cut out several light yellow 5" squares. I have a bunch of 5" White squares to make some half square triangles

CraftyBarb
June 24th, 2017, 03:32 AM
I'm still awake. Sitting here watching old Frasier shows. It's raining here on and off and heavy at times. Suppose to go to my nephews grad party tomorrow afternoon and I really would just rather stay home. Just dont like going anywhere anymore..I can find plenty to do here. But my family always seems to make me feel pressed to go. They just can't accept I like being home. Just want to do my own thing.
Need to go through a lot of things I made to see if there are any unfinished projects mixed in. That should keep me busy.

Georgie Girl
June 24th, 2017, 08:05 AM
I was a go go girl. My DH is a stay home guy. Took me a bit after heart surgery and retirement to calm down but I think I'm getting there. Rather just stay home lately. For me it's the getting ready thing. Did it for to many years and now just enjoy waking up get my coffee and protein shake and going directly to my sewing cave and read what all my new friends are up to and I can do it all in my PJ with no makeup or even fixing my hair. :icon_heh: