PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday!

Monique
June 23rd, 2017, 06:56 AM
I'M BACK!!

Good morning friends. I made it back home yesterday around suppertime. It's great to be home (I think). I bought more fabric than I need, got more fabric license plates, a few new row x rows, a few old row x rows. All in all in what a successful trip.

I will take a picture of my haul later. I have to work today. Hubby had a wonderful time on his trip too, of which I am so grateful. Hubby leaves again today with his brother for a few days, they will be back on Sunday.

I discovered yesterday that I have teeny tiny ants. I bought ant traps and liquid stuff. UGH! It seems like everyone has ants this year.

So not much in the way of sewing until I get this place cleaned up. So my job tomorrow is cleaning.

Have a great day and I will try and play catch up with you all.

Star lover
June 23rd, 2017, 07:14 AM
Welcome back Monique! Happy you had such a good time and we've all got too much....and don't care! Gotta love more fabric. Hope your day at work goes by fast.
Well, it was to rain all day yesterday and it didn't...until after 9 pm last night. I thought something hit the house....it was wind. Wow, that went on for about 20 minutes and then it poured....I mean POURED!!! A gulley washer as it's said. I haven't been able to see outside enough to see if all's OK. When I took the trash out, I found all kinds of small branches on the drive. Daylight will tell the tale. But we never lost power....I was shocked.
Hope y'all have a great end of your week and a wonderful finish to the first weekend of summer!
Hugs and love to many what are suffering through surgeries, losses and just life.

Lyndaj
June 23rd, 2017, 07:36 AM
Happy rainy Friday.

My big news is my Bernina Q24 long arm arrives today and my dealer is coming on Sunday to set it up.

Also desperately need to finish putting the one block wonder quilt top together that is currently taking up space on my design wall. Hate this one. Going together badly as the fabric is shredding. It's a Michael Miller fabric that I've had for around 5 years, and it sucks. Need the wall space for the baby quilt I need made for late July.

At any rate, have a great day and an awesome weekend everyone.

Monique
June 23rd, 2017, 07:45 AM
Happy rainy Friday.

My big news is my Bernina Q24 long arm arrives today and my dealer is coming on Sunday to set it up.

Also desperately need to finish putting the one block wonder quilt top together that is currently taking up space on my design wall. Hate this one. Going together badly as the fabric is shredding. It's a Michael Miller fabric that I've had for around 5 years, and it sucks. Need the wall space for the baby quilt I need made for late July.

At any rate, have a great day and an awesome weekend everyone.

Have fun with your new baby!!

TMP
June 23rd, 2017, 08:30 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Yesterday was our 43rd anniversary and the only thing we did was go out to eat. Today DD has an appointment with a surgeon hopefully we can find out what is wrong with his back.

Seems like we have been waiting forever and a day to get the back yard redone. It has rained the entire month. (figure when we get the sod down we will have a drought) . The fence people came and marked it off and put up one post.

The grand babies are at home with their mom who is off work for a few days. (I needed that) Sandy misses them. Grandson said , Grandmommy can I take this dog home and you get another one. They have bonded really well. We have got to take her and get her claws trimmed . We all have little cuts on our arms.
Oohh Lydia, post pictures of your new baby.

Happy Friday everyone

JCY
June 23rd, 2017, 08:59 AM
Good to see you back, Monique! I think those little ants might be sugar ants. We had them one year in our bsmt. I remember reading somewhere that they don't like talcum powder. There also are powders & sprays available. I made the mistake of using the spray & stunk up the bsmt. Hope you can get rid of them soon.

Oh, sweet relief -- from the heat! It was 95 deg. yest. at noon, but a cool front moved in & we got clouds & the temp. dropped to 80. This morning it is 55 deg., cloudy, windy, & we've had a rain shower. I had planned to work outside, but may have to go to plan B & do some housework inside. I hope to get the binding sewn on my latest quilt. I finished up the FMQ yest. eve. I did the whole quilt using straight rulers.

That's all I have time for now. Have a good Friday.

Iris Girl
June 23rd, 2017, 09:06 AM
Morning all. Monique welcome back. I use Boric acid powder on the ants. They won't cross the line and when they step in it it goes back to the nest and kills them all. I usually sprinkle it around the perimeter of the house close and on any i see or on the ant holes. Had a huge nest in one of my flower beds and literally dumped they area with it till it looked like snow. That was 6 weeks ago nothing has come back . I buy it in what looks like a squirt bottle in the hardware store.
T storms scheduled for all day. I am off to work good day all.

Cathy F
June 23rd, 2017, 09:51 AM
Morning all,
Sun is out and looks to be a good day from where I'm sitting in the recliner. Bent over to pick something up off the floor and oh boy pulled my back out doing something so simple. I have no patience for things like this but have no choice as only time will soothe it and the Ibuprofin helps too!
I finished my little bee quilt and have it boxed up to go to the longarmer. Will see if my husband will take it to the post office today,

Well, that's it for me today , Monique glad you had a great trip! I have been collecting the license plates for two years and hope to make something with them soon. Wishing everyone a good start to their weekend.

Bubby
June 23rd, 2017, 10:08 AM
Morning Everyone, It's going to be hot humidity today. I will try to get a few things done indoors today.

Tomorrow we have a full day working at the apartments. We will be lucky to get everything done.

Lindaj, you must be over-the-moon excited to get your longarm!!! Monique, glad you are home safe and sound. Cathy, you need to baby your back. I feel your pain. Sitting at the sewing machine is not possible when my back is out.

Have a great day everyone. ..Hugs, Barb

toggpine
June 23rd, 2017, 10:34 AM
Good morning!
Second day of summer break! I loved working at the school, but it will be nice to catch up on stuff around here too!
Out to do milk chores and clean the barn before it gets too hot. We are supposed to see 95 by Sunday. I just will want to be in the shade by then!
I also have to call to get our washer fixed. It doesn't want to spin anymore. Ugh. Can't put that off as we will all need clean clothes, and our local laundromat is kind of grungy.

Have a good one and share a smile with somebody!
Hugs, Cathy

Lyndaj
June 23rd, 2017, 12:06 PM
Duh, I forgot another exciting thing happening this weekend. Sunday morning and then all day Monday, I will be at seminars with long arm quilter Angela Walters!!!!

Cokie
June 23rd, 2017, 06:32 PM
Woke up with a migraine today so stayed home from work. Worst one in a while - it's been raining all day so I'm sure that's why. Weather is my biggest migraine trigger and I have no control over that. Been dozing most of the day. DH & DS are working so it's quiet for a while. Some of you have busy weekends planned! My DS is moving into a new apartment - will probably help with that on Sunday (his day off). Cathy I hope your back is better soon! Happy weekend to everyone.

Monique
June 23rd, 2017, 07:58 PM
Duh, I forgot another exciting thing happening this weekend. Sunday morning and then all day Monday, I will be at seminars with long arm quilter Angela Walters!!!!

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

JCY
June 23rd, 2017, 10:49 PM
Lyndaj ~ Lucky you! Angela is coming to our quilt guild next mo. to speak at our meeting. She's holding 2 classes: Dot-to-Dot (which I already took on Craftsy) and Borders & Backgrounds, which I signed up for, & paid for, weeks ago in order to get a place. Class is limited to 20 people. The class will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll have to do some practicing with my DSM since I've been quilting on my table model LA for 2 yrs. Do you ever watch Tracey Russell's YT videos? (whirlsnswirls, APQS Ontario) I've learned several patterns from watching her.