• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Thursday Morning Hellos

I don't see a post for today, so I'll start. What a heat wave we've been having! It was 105 at our house yest.! That's gettin' up there! The swamp cooler kept us comfortable. Due to cloud cover, it didn't cool off much last night. It still was 84 outside when I went to bed & 76 this morning. Usually it cools off into the 60's at night. We have partial cloud cover this a.m. At least it's not supposed to be quite so hot today & much cooler this week end. Maybe I can get some outside work while the weather is a bit cooler. I still have some annuals that need to go in the ground. Long range forecast is for more 90's next week.

My dental appt. was yest. a.m. for the tooth that broke off. The dentist was able to build it up with a composite filling, so I won't need a crown. He discovered a cavity in the tooth next to that one, so I go back next week. The past couple yrs. I've needed quite a lot of dental work.

I got more FMQ done on the Rail Fence Star quilt yest. I hope to finish it up today. I had some frustrations with the bobbin winder, but finally got things working right. The thinner Glide thread (polyester -- sort of wiry) is more difficult to wind than cotton thread or other polyesters.

After breakfast, I plan to head out to Wal-Mart for 3 Rx's & some groc. I want to beat the heat. Have a good quilting day!
  • Star lover
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2016

Re: Thursday Morning Hellos

So thankful for you Joy that the day is to be a bit cooler. I think the heat is headed our way. Yesterday was a day written about in poems and in song! Perfect! Ah, today....rain and going into the 90's. I guess we need these days to better appreciate the "perfect" ones! How neat that they could fix your tooth right on the spot!
    Did all the lawn yesterday, looks really nice. Today I've been scrubbing the cupboards and paneling in the kitchen. Washing the curtains....the whole nine yards....mmmm, if I was buying that much fabric it would be gorgeous and I would love it! Not so much with cleaning....ya gotta do what ya gotta do....even if no fun.
    Well, I'm off, the washer...or dryer...something's making a noice.
    Hope y'all have a glorious day!

Comment

• WendyI
      Missouri Star
      • Nov 2012

I missed this earlier so may as well add something now. Today is yet another slow day and I'm bored out of my mind. I canNOT STAND being bored at work. It makes the day so very long. It rained all this morning then suddenly stopped and the sun is out now. It's beautiful with a nice breeze. I can take that kind of day.

Finally went and bought myself some new jeans last night. I am now in a size 31 regular jeans (not plus size) which I haven't seen in over 20 years. Feels great! They're snug mind you but that's okay. They're skinny and look great so I don't care! LOL! Sadly though, since I had the radioactive iodine, the weight loss has stopped in spite of starving myself and eating no junk whatsoever. I did get my knee brace so think I might start walking again soon while I wait for surgery.

Found out I couldn't donate blood last night until tomorrow (because of the radioactive iodine treatment I had) but also that my blood type is AB which is apparently rare so really I should be giving plasma. So, although I have to drive over an hour to do it, I will be going next Tuesday to do so and then every 84 days after (4 times a year). Will book all those when I go.

Nothing else new. I've decided to go to therapy and learn how to be happy living alone and being alone rather than trying to date. Men my age are idiots and I'm really just tired of it all. If I ever meet anyone fine, but if not, that's going to have to be okay also and I need to find a way to be okay with it.

Thinking of everyone who needs love today...haven't seen Barb post since her Olive post. Hope all is well. Pat, glad MM can drink, even if it is just test fluid stuff. lol xoxoxo

Comment

• KarenC
        Missouri Star
        • Apr 2015

Good afternoon everyone. Did not get the rain today from tropical storm Cindy we were expecting, but praying for all of those that did get problems from this storm. I worked this morning, but just told the boss I'm signing off for the day. Doing prep for colonoscopy and it isn't fun. Got some bad news from my mom that they found a lump in her breast, so praying that it's not cancer. Has ultrasound scheduled for next week, and then we go from there. Praying for best possible outcome. I am in my semi-retirement right now, but depending on her health, I could call it quits sooner.
        Working on some wall hangings that have a large star (8 inches) on it, so I'm going to try paper piecing and see how that goes. I need a way to get those star points pointy. Not sure how this will work out.

Wendy, I know what you mean. I have learned to be happy with myself. My walking group has a few other ladies that are either single or widowed, so once in a while get together with them. Can't deal with men right now.
        Karen
        Spring, TX

Comment

• Iris Girl
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2013

Afternoon all. Yesterday the switch over to the new propane company went smoothly. I called the old company to come get their tanks and she said it could be awhile. I was not home from work today for 30 mins when I heard a noise and the old tanks were being picked up! Hooray as they were in the way of my clothesline. It was usable but if a breeze blew my clean clothes would be wiping the old nasty tanks. So happy to have closed that chapter.
          Today is a gorgeous day breezy, sunny, warm not humid. Tomorrow suppose to rain all day.
          Joy glad your tooth was able to be fixed so quickly.
          Anita don't you just love those near perfect days? Your so right takes the bad ones to appreciate the good ones.
          Got hubby to throw a couple things out when we wee moving stuff so the hot water closet could be accessed. He is the pack rat and hates to throw anything away because you never know when you might need it.
          My Halloween runner/hanging is soo adorable!
          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
          X