PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone.

HandsomeRyan
June 22nd, 2017, 07:15 AM
I haven't been around much lately as work and family life are keeping me super busy. Thought I'd stop by and offer an update on what I'm up to these days.

My babies are growing so quick. I know many of you may remember Mr. Wiggles (Sawyer) arriving in the middle of a snowstorm in February of 2014. He is a healthy, happy 3.5 year old now. My daughter B.P. (Daisy) joined us in November of 2015 and she is a very sweet but often opinionated 19 month old now.

Wiggles had his tonsils removed last week and recovery has been longer than I expected but he is a tough guy and we are getting a little better each day. He loves playing in our vegetable garden and looking for bugs in the yard. He has gotten past the worst of his "Terrible Twos" and three has not been nearly as bad as some people had said it would be.

Daisy can best be described as a "sassy broad". I think a lot of people worry, especially about their daughters, being independent and not succumbing to societal pressure to be submissive. I don't worry too much about that with Daisy. She will pretty much let you know what she thinks. She is a sweetheart though. 144193

Other than the kids, I'm still working for Vanderbilt. My assistant left to join the Navy in February and he hasn't been replaced yet so it has been a busy spring for me.

My wife is doing data analysis for a healthcare company and I think she likes it. Just yesterday she got a hand written thank you card in the mail (sent to our home) from another manager within the company for the quality of some work she had done.

Other than that I am still juggling about 40 hobbies. I bought a commercial vinyl plotter (like a cricut or silhouette but on steroids) so I've played with that a little. I still garden. I turned the base of my great-grandmother's singer treadle into a front entryway table. I also welded an arch to display the post bell I inherited from my grandmother.
metal working:

wood working:

Vinyl cutting:
"Please excuse the mess. The children are making memories. of me yelling at them to clean up the mess"

Hope all of you are doing well and I'm going to try to go back through some of the posts to catch up on what all is happening around here.

KarenC
June 22nd, 2017, 07:29 AM
The kids are cute. Enjoy every minute, they do grow up fast.

redcaboose1717
June 22nd, 2017, 07:50 AM
thanks for the update on the family Ryan ! Sawyer & Daisy are getting sooo big ! Enjoy all these days with the little ones because before your and your wife Tabitha realize it, along comes the "teenage" years.....driving, dating and ....goodness knows what else.
It's hard for me to believe that my oldest son is going to be 42 this October....our only daughter just turned 39 this month, our 3rd child ( a son) will turn 37 ....and the baby ? Well....he isn't a baby any longer...he just turned 31 yrs old ! I have 7 grandkids, aged 13 to 4 !!
Your wood-working projects look great.....you seem to be really busy now that you have a home !
Take care....Glad you checked in, have a wonderful summer !

JCY
June 22nd, 2017, 09:01 AM
Darling kiddos. Blessings to your whole family. Thanks for the update.

Simply Quilting
June 22nd, 2017, 09:02 AM
Ryan, they are so adorable and growing up so fast. It looks like you have been doing some fun projects.

Sandy Navas
June 22nd, 2017, 09:06 AM
I was thinking of you just the other day - knew you turned a milestone birthday and wondered how you were doing. Looks as if you've dropped a few pounds there, too. We have a Singer treadle base that forms the base of a bathroom sink. Creative minds.

EnumclawGramma
June 22nd, 2017, 10:10 AM
Ryan it's SEW good to hear from you! The kids are getting too big too fast! Time sure has a way of just flying right by, doesn't it?

Are you doing any quilting? Any projects to show/inspire us?

I hope Wiggles is feeling better (tonsils). We went thru that with my oldest when he was 4, and it nearly broke my heart. That's a hard one to recover from.

Hope to see more of you on the forum. Take care!

Kgrammiecaz
June 22nd, 2017, 10:17 AM
Hi Ryan, good to see you checking in. The kiddies are growing so fast it seems. They are beautiful. I have three grown daughters. Their personalities changed many times over the years. I enjoyed each segment. Glad you are all doing well. Hope to see some quilting projects again soon. Totally love the bell!

WendyI
June 22nd, 2017, 10:19 AM
Seems like only yesterday I remember you asking for parenting advice when Mrs. Handsome was pregnant! And now there's two adorable little ones. Terrible Two's were not a thing in my house either...but I sure experienced the F**king Fours!! So watch out!

Thanks for the update!

KPH
June 22nd, 2017, 10:20 AM
My husband lived up to your saying... He still does, but at least it's after he's left my son's house before he starts. I must admit, DS is keeping his house a lot cleaner since we moved down here. Maybe it's the flash backs to the old black garbage bags!

pcbatiks
June 22nd, 2017, 10:24 AM
Glad to see your family is doing well. Love Daisy's pink polka dot shoes. :D

Georgie Girl
June 22nd, 2017, 10:26 AM
I'm new here so saying HI. Your children are beautiful. My are all grown up. I miss babies. Enjoy yours as in a blink of an eye the are all grown up. Love your bell you sure are a talented dude. :icon_wave:

Star lover
June 22nd, 2017, 10:33 AM
You have a sweet family and are truely blessed! All your talents shine through...especially as a husband and father!

Navy Wife
June 22nd, 2017, 11:31 AM
So good to hear from you. The kids are growing so fast, and they are cute as can be. Time goes by too fast for me these days. My DD had her 60th birthday, and I can't believe she is that old. Nashville is agreeing with y'all, and I'm glad. Holler when you come east again!

SallyO'Sews
June 22nd, 2017, 01:14 PM
Thanks for checking in, Ryan! Your family is beautiful; we are so glad to hear from you. Give 'em all a quilty hug from me.
Blessings,
~ Sally \0/

Iris Girl
June 22nd, 2017, 03:31 PM
Wow Ryan the kids are getting big! Gorgeous too. Love all your projects. I had a bell similar to that I called my kids home with when they were growing up.

Cokie
June 22nd, 2017, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the update. You have a beautiful family.

laura44
June 22nd, 2017, 10:53 PM
Nice to hear from you Ryan! Love hearing about your beautiful family.
Wow, your children have sure grown!

Hulamoon
June 23rd, 2017, 12:58 AM
So good to see you around and that everyone is happy and healthy. I love all your hobbies, that table is gorgeous!

stationarymom
June 23rd, 2017, 01:11 AM
Ryan it's so nice to hear from you and get an update on the family.I'm glad to see you are all doing well,and hope to see you more often.Take care of yourself.

auntiemern
June 23rd, 2017, 01:58 PM
So good to see you check in here. The kids are amazing, as are their parents. I keep up with you on FB, so I was not shocked by how big the kids have gotten. Give the family a hug from auntiemern, k?

GuitarGramma
June 26th, 2017, 03:02 PM
Hi Ryan!

I haven't been on the forum much lately, but just the other day I thought of you and wondered how that beautiful family of yours is doing. You all look wonderful. Thanks for the update!

Judy, USMC
June 27th, 2017, 01:33 AM
No way those kids are that old! ! ! Wasn't it just a few months ago that Daisy entered the world ... and I could have sworn Sawyer had just started walking. Beautiful family. Give Tabitha an extra hug. Kudos to your creativity!