PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday and it is Summer at last!

peggiep
June 21st, 2017, 08:28 AM
Morning everyone! The sun is shining, the birds are singing and my heart is soaring with the fact that today is the first day of summer!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Cathy F
June 21st, 2017, 08:40 AM
Morning all,
Sun is shining and looks to be a nice day ahead.

Been up in the sewing room for a bit each day and almost finished with a small quilt, one more border to put on and it will be ready for quilting.

Yesterday our computer crashed so I am only able to use my tablet. Limits what I can do but still keeps me connected. Sad to see how much was lost. Even though we regularly back up the computer somehow we can't retrieve those files. Looks like we may have to start computer shopping if this one can't be repaired.

Hope Monique is enjoying her road trip. Well, off to get my coffee wishing everyone a good day!

Star lover
June 21st, 2017, 08:42 AM
Good first day of summer mornin! Spoiler alert......Only 3 months till fall... getter done while ya still can!
Just going to do small projects through the summer. Too many interruptions doing yard work. Which I have to do today. Gotta do the trimming, edging and cutting.... whew, just tired thinking about it. But it's to rain for the next few days....so maybe some sewing in the near future.
Hope everyone has a safe, peaceful, piece-filled day!

Iris Girl
June 21st, 2017, 09:00 AM
Morning all. Finally got laundry done and on the line. Whew its full since I have done no laundry do to weather since last Weds! Day off here. Expecting the propane guys this afternoon to switch our tanks. Good riddance to a company that thinks its ok to charge through the nose. Our bills will be cut not quite in half!
Also got the stitching done around the remaining bubbles on the fish quilt and it is ready to sandwich.
The halloween runner is shaping up to be adorable!
Son will be grilling pork chops today for dinner and I made some coleslaw.
Cathy sorry to hear about your computer crashing. So far anything that has happened my son has been able to retrieve things. Good thing because all the bill paying is on my laptop.
Sending special well wishes out to May's hubby Gene for a good surgery and speedy recovery.
Anita my lawn needs mowing too but can only do so much in 1 day off hoping the weekend will be nice.
Have a good day all!

JCY
June 21st, 2017, 09:03 AM
Summer definitely is here! It was 102 deg. at our house yest. It still was 80 deg. outside when I went to bed. Too hot. I didn't sleep well after 3:30 this morning. Skunk odor -- not as bad as sometimes -- then the neighbor's hound dog was barking. Had to close my BR window. DH said he didn't sleep well either. It's supposed to be another hot one today.

Got the car back from the shop yest. afternoon. They replaced the power steering pump & did a flush, flushed the brake lines, did an oil change & checked over things. We had a $50. coupon, so it reduced the cost to $682.

Had a much needed massage in the afternoon. I get one every 4 wks. I got about 90 min. of FMQ done on the latest quilt. No more time now. I'm headed to the dentist for a 9 a.m. appt. about my broken tooth.

Carlie Wolf
June 21st, 2017, 10:28 AM
Iris Girl don't ya just love it when you can find any bill that can be cut in half! A yipeeee moment.

Nothing much doing today. Well except the things I didn't get done yesterday. Turned out itwas West Virginia Day which I didn't know so no library or trip to the town to pay my water bill. Guess that's on the agenda for today. So far this morning it's pretty cool but so far I still feel half asleep :-)

Georgie Girl
June 21st, 2017, 10:45 AM
Happy summer everyone. Can't help to be happy with the sun shining. Just picks up your spirits. So does buying fabric. Lucked out lately haven't needed the DD for awhile but I know something is lurking around the corner. JCY was just at the dentist Monday having an old cap replaced. They have a new system where they digitize the tooth and its ready shortly thereafter. The whole process took about 2 hours which was nice because you don't have to come back. Although I do have to go back tomorrow for my cleaning. I have 3 quilts I have to sew the binding on. It's been taking me forever to complete these 3 quilts. Not sure if it's because I was commissioned to make them and over thought every move I made. I will be happy once they are delivered. My son in law has asked me to make him a Crown Royal quilt like my husbands. Ugh I used 152 bags and created the quilt without any pattern. It was a lot of work and the fabric he picked out to go with it was a nightmare. All you had to do was look at it and it would ravel like crazy. But it did turn out pretty cool. Well 1 project at a time.

WendyI
June 21st, 2017, 11:21 AM
We have cloud and rain and it's only 17. Wish we would GET summer!

Nothing new here. Old staffer is back to work after a leave of absence and annoyed me today. So this will be an interesting day. Thankfully I have seniority over him and he made a mistake so he can whine all he wants.

I almost adopted a labradoodle today! Someone shoot me for even considering it! Like I don't already have ENOUGH pets causing me grief!

Sending love and hugs to all in need. Thinking of Barb, Jeff and Dottie who I know are missing Olive dearly. Hugs. xoxox

Lyndaj
June 21st, 2017, 11:54 AM
This is actually the day I start counting down to fall. Personally, I hate summer. Here in Southern Ontario, Canada when it is hot, it is also humid. I have asthma that flares up due to the heat. I also lived the last 2 1/2 weeks without AC. Thank goodness that was replaced yesterday.

On another note, my Bernina Q24 long arm is arriving on Friday and being set up by my dealer on Sunday. Happy, happy, joy, joy.

Carlie Wolf
June 21st, 2017, 12:58 PM
Lindaj I lived in Mississauga for about a year. The humidity was absolutely awful. It was worse than when I lived on the shore of New Jersey. I remember days when I couldn't breathe outside the house and out of the air conditioning. I hated it! We then moved up to the Algonquin Park area (cottage country) along Lake Baptiste. That I just loved. Not half as humid and I only recall maybe 5 days that summer that were miserable.

Iris Girl
June 21st, 2017, 04:00 PM
[QUOTE=Carlie Wolf;967128]Iris Girl don't ya just love it when you can find any bill that can be cut in half! A yipeeee moment.

I love it and that is the 3rd of the major household bills I have lowered in the last 2 years. When I called the old company to come pick up their tanks they were so sorry said if we wee paying too much we should have talked with someone and they could have lowered it.... If ya could have lowered it why were you charging me through the nose to begin with? Good riddance to a bad company.

CraftyBarb
June 21st, 2017, 04:22 PM
It's not to bad here today. Went food shopping this am..was so mad when i got home. Picked up a sub that was already made and it said turkey breast. Guess i should have looked at it a little more closely. ..when i opened it ..darn if it wasnt an italian sub. So i took off all the meat and just left the cheese on it. Gave the store a call and was told on my next visit to see them and they will credit me...was not going to drive the 20 mins back there. wish I could just order home delivery I so hate shopping. Grass needs mowing and that's another thing I hate doing. Don't have much to do and it usually take about 15 mins...though with the high lot rent I pay, you would think mowing should be included. The only thing we get is garbage pickup and snow removal on the road only.
Not much else going on. May need a nap soon :)

Lyndaj
June 21st, 2017, 05:32 PM
Lindaj I lived in Mississauga for about a year. The humidity was absolutely awful. It was worse than when I lived on the shore of New Jersey. I remember days when I couldn't breathe outside the house and out of the air conditioning. I hated it! We then moved up to the Algonquin Park area (cottage country) along Lake Baptiste. That I just loved. Not half as humid and I only recall maybe 5 days that summer that were miserable.

Carlie, thank you for understanding. I was born and raised in Mississauga. I now live due north in the City of Brampton. When I can run, I am out there at 6:00 a.m. at this time of year. Absolutely despise this stuff, but until I can convince DH to move somewhere else, this is what we've got.