PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl Hooters

kimsophia
June 21st, 2017, 01:48 AM
Hoot hoot! Who's up?

I didn't wake up until 9 tonight so it is morning for me. I have been working on picking fabrics and making templates for the house blocks.

What are you up to?

Simply Quilting
June 21st, 2017, 03:22 AM
I am up for a few more minutes. Then it is off to bed for just a bit. I spent part of the day printing off paper work. Then I ran out of ink in the second printer cartridge so I will have to wait til I get more. I am strongly considering getting a printer that uses toner. I know the toner is expensive but it lasts a long time. We use one to print off the VBS newsletter and copies for the children's department at church. With all the copies that are made, it only has to be changed once a year - usually when I am doing the newsletter. And it is not hard to change.

I get to dream about sewing as I've not gotten to sew for a couple of days. It seems there are many other projects that are needing to get done first. Next week is when I am hoping to take time to do some sewing. I have a quilt that I really need to get done.

I am going to call it a night ya'll.

Hoot! Hoot! :)

bubba
June 21st, 2017, 03:46 AM
I've been looking at the toner printers too. You can do a ton of prints before you have to change them. The Costco by us recently started to do cartridge refills for $7.49, but we have not tried it out yet. I print a lot of purse pieces, but always in black and white, not color. I never print the directions, unless I am testing the patterns, I just keep them on my iPad.

Iris Girl
June 21st, 2017, 05:33 AM
We ran both for awhile and since I don't teach quilting anymore and don't ever print in color we finally ditched he old antique expensive inkjet. Those cartridges cost almost 200 bucks to do all colors. I love the fact that we only need change the toner maybe once a year. Even when it says its low you pull it out shake it up and its good for a few more months. I buy my cartridge online from amazon for about 45 bucks and they send a return box you send the old one back in. So no worries on disposal.

Carol336
June 21st, 2017, 06:12 AM
I belong to a print club with HP. For 4.99 a month I can print up to 100 pages. If I go over, which I rarely do they charge me 1.00 per 20 pages. And the monthly fee includes cartridges. They have a link to my printer and send the cartridges when they get low. We did the math and it's a lot less than we were paying for cartridges.