PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Morning Greetings

peggiep
June 20th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Morning Everyone
Since Monique is enjoying a mini vacation, I decided to start out this morning. It was a rainy start to the day, but the sun is trying to peak out from between the clouds. The temperature is quite pleasant, in the low 70's. I can't imagine being in Calif. with 127 degree weather! Had a call right after dinner last evening to say that some friends wanted to come over. DH grumbled because he really doesn't like it when people just "drop in", but we had a really enjoyable evening sitting in the sunroom and chatting. After they left, DH said "that was fun...we should do that more often". Really!? Today, it is off to the flooring store to check out some flooring for the studio. Although I think a laminate would be nice, we have decided that a vinyl would probably be more practical ... no pins to get stuck in the cracks and easy to sweep up the scraps and threads. Let's see what we find.
Still recuperating from a week of Canada Quilting Association's Quilts Canada show last week! What wonderful works of art! Can't seem to post pictures of the Best in Show, but it was spectacular!
Have a great day. Prayers and hugs to all!

Star lover
June 20th, 2017, 09:02 AM
You must have been posting at the same time Ginny was...guess there'll be two this am.
We're to have a nice day....but they said that yesterday and it rained. So we'll see.
Guess the word today is hydrate! For those suffering thru the heat wave.
Enjoy your air, if ya got it, otherwise, do nothing and drink plenty of water!

Georgie Girl
June 20th, 2017, 09:38 AM
Morning. I always love reading all your posts and what you are all up to. So decided I should maybe join the daily discussion. It's sunny hear with a temp of 59, nice and comfortable. Enjoying my cup of coffee and thinking of getting out of my PJ. Will have to soon as we are having our lawn tractor picked up for service. Upset with the guy who cuts our lawn. My DH health is not good and can't do it anymore. And I have no desire to drive around on that tractor on our hill and besides I have enough to do (like quilting). Set day to cut grass and power wash our patio all on the same day. He cancelled. Came another day power washed no cutting and then set a new date to cut and wanted to charge me for coming back because he's coming twice. Sorry you quoted me a price and it's not me that changed dates. So he was suppose to come yesterday Monday and the weather was great in the morning but didn't come because he thought it was going to rain. I previously made arrangements for our tractor to be picked up for service which they wanted to come Monday but no cuz we needed it and so picking up today. Last night I get a call can I come tomorrow to cut your lawn? No. But I'm cutting your friends tomorrow who lives close by. No sorry but I will have no tractor and I'm not the one who kept changing days. Going to look for a new guy. Called my lawn treatment service but they are book for this year. Thought they would be pricey but they weren't any different in price and they use their own equipment which means I don't have to run to the gas station for gas and neither of us can barely lift the container out of the car and they are RELIABLE and I don't need to be home to get our tractor out of our garage. Going to sign up for next year but in the meantime need someone to finish out this year. Well no one is probably interested in this post but it sure relieved some tension I had. Because of Jim's health I'm in charge of everything and sometimes I run out of patience. Thanks for listening. Have a great day everyone.:icon_wave:

Star lover
June 20th, 2017, 09:50 AM
Georgie .....vent away....that's what we're here for! Yup, sometimes, it's all we need to just what we need. Hope you find someone for this year. Have a wonderful day!

JCY
June 20th, 2017, 01:46 PM
Georgie, we have a lawn service. I used to do all the yard work -- riding mower, weed whacker, etc. I still spread the fertilizer because I can do it so much cheaper. I prefer feed only (no weed & feed which is all our lawn service offers). But all the yard work got to be too much as DH's health declined. This will be the 5th season we've had the same lawn service. They come every Tues. unless it's raining or inclement weather. We pay extra for Spring cleanup and Fall cleanup. Have to pay by the hour per man, so it can add up in a hurry. But I just can't do it all anymore. I'll be 75 next mo. Yes, and I'd rather be quilting, too! My poor flower beds really need attention. But I can do it only as time, energy, & weather permit.

KPH
June 20th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Well, it's afternoon and DH and DS#2 are at the storage units trying to clean out one before the next months rent is due. Hopefully, they'll be bringing some boxes here for me to go through, but right now... I'm enjoying the peace and quiet. I think I'll sit here and read forum posts for a while!

Carlie Wolf
June 20th, 2017, 05:15 PM
Georgie, JCY I'm pretty lucky. I found a local guy who does my lawn for $10 a week and every other week $15 to weedwack. It's not a large yard but it got too much for me. Two years ago there was a combination of me hurting my hip and the weekwacker breaking down totally. My hip is ok now but I thought maybe it was a sign of the times to heed (I'll be 70 in Dec). There were no flowers and things here when I moved here 5 years ago. I did all my own digging which are mostly narrow gardens along the fencing I had put up. He's a nice kid and does other things around here at reasonable prices too. My basement had to be cleaned out (my sister's husband had been an electronics hoarder). I gave him 50 to get rid of it whether at the dump or resell what he could.

I was happy today I sold a massage table with heater/vibrator that had been left upstairs in the storage room. I got $75 for it. I still have the darn Varimixer W20 which I just can't seem to get rid of. My sister purchased it with extras for $2200 and I can't seem to even get $700 for it!! It weighs a ton so has to be picked up.