PDA

View Full Version : Did you see me waving?

LauraP
June 19th, 2017, 10:25 PM
I have waved at all my forum friends as we sped past on the interstate. There was Shermur in Springfield, Mo and Bubby in Licking. Then Jean in St. Louis, and one in Effingham, Il whose face I can see but who's name escapes me. Now I am up in Redcaboose's neck of the woods. And I threw in a few extra just cuz I figured a quilter probably lived in the area. Having a wonderful vacation. We are currently on the banks of a lake watching the baby ducks paddling by. Hope everyone got their waves. Laura

Judy, USMC
June 19th, 2017, 10:48 PM
Funny - I do that too. My arm gets tired between coastal Carolina and Chicago. I think the first one I ever waved to was Blondie ~ Steve didn't know what I was doing. Distracted him a bit back then. Now he just asks who it is.

grammaterry
June 19th, 2017, 11:11 PM
Well, I wish you all would stop by Longnecks in marshall NC and do more than wave

Jean Sewing Machine
June 19th, 2017, 11:20 PM
Yes, stop by next time! Glad you are having a good vacation!

Mom23
June 19th, 2017, 11:22 PM
I'm the one from Effingham IL. We will be coming through Kansas around June 30 on Interstate 70. Do you live anywhere around there?

We are at Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Parks for the next three nights, then moving to Yosemite for 5 nights. Of course, there is a record heat wave in California. It's so miserable today that once we hooked up the motorhome we haven't stepped foot out the door. The heat is certainly going to dampen our hiking plans. DH has a permit to climb Half Dome on Sunday. I've been praying for days for the weather to cool off for him. No honking for me, I brought my sewing machine and will have 15 hours to myself for sewing!!!

Anitamae56
June 20th, 2017, 12:07 AM
How cute, loved all your waves, have a great trip!

Mimi_Howard
June 20th, 2017, 01:02 AM
Yes we are doing a heat wave here in Calif. I leave on Wed to go vegas to help my honey with a medical treatment, predicted to be 116. OMG I am gonna melt!

JCY
June 20th, 2017, 01:05 AM
My step-son used to live in Bullhead City, where it was 120 today. And 127 expected in Death Valley. I wouldn't be able to tolerate that kind of heat. Make sure you stay hydrated & wear sunscreen if you're outside.

Mimi_Howard
June 20th, 2017, 01:12 AM
I heard about death valley temp... WOW! Thanks for the reminder, just tossed my sunscreen into the travel bag and most definitley have lots and lots of liquids.

Star lover
June 20th, 2017, 02:09 AM
Sounds like you're having a great time? Enjoy your vacation.....just don't wear out that arm...gotta save it for sewing, when you get back home!

shermur
June 20th, 2017, 08:09 AM
Laura! Next time squeeze in a piece of pie and a glass of iced tea, sweetie! Would have love to have met you!