PDA

View Full Version : MM update.....

bubba
June 19th, 2017, 05:22 PM
He is hangry. The supply company called today to let us know based on the blood work they are increasing the size of his bag to almost double!! They are delivering them later today and he will start it tomorrow night after using the last bag we have. We see the internal medicine doctor in the morning, so we should learn more about this whole thing at this time.

shirleyknot
June 19th, 2017, 05:32 PM
Will that make him less hungry?

bubba
June 19th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Will that make him less hungry?

No. This is just calories, does not go into his stomach.

Caroline T.
June 19th, 2017, 06:49 PM
"hangry" can't think of a more appropriate word for what he must be feeling right about now. My sympathies go out to him.

shirleyknot
June 19th, 2017, 07:04 PM
Find him something to suck on that isn't food. It helps. I used to use a glass marble, but there's a possibility of choke with that.

KarenC
June 19th, 2017, 07:27 PM
Oh my Shirley, a glass marble? That sounds really dangerous.

Star lover
June 19th, 2017, 07:36 PM

So does living with a hangry man who can't eat! My fear is that when he looked at me, he'd see steak, hamburgers........My sympathies to the both of you. Will continue to pray.

JaniceR
June 19th, 2017, 07:51 PM
I have to say I can't even imagine not only not being able to eat, but not being able to drink anything either! That must be really really hard! Obviously, I know it's necessary and for his health, but gosh, that doesn't make it any easier!!

I'm so sorry he's having so many very difficult issues!! My prayers for you both will continue.

shirleyknot
June 19th, 2017, 07:55 PM

Um, yes, thats what I said......

bubba
June 19th, 2017, 08:48 PM
I don't think we will have to worry about drinking....soon, I'll be drinking enough for both of us!

shirleyknot
June 19th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Understandable, I'm sure

jjkaiser
June 20th, 2017, 12:00 AM
Can he have popsicles or chewing gum or freezy pops? Ugh I feel for you both. My dh was a bear when he had to be NPO just 8 hrs before a cat scan. Then he gets there and they had to reschedule to diff day entirely bc the machine was down. Grrr. I am surprised your medical team didn't tell you if there was anything at all he could eat. I am sure that soon he would willingly eat a paper plate. Would you like us to take up a collection and ship you a case of assorted alcoholic beverages???!##

bubba
June 20th, 2017, 12:20 AM
I really don't drink alcohol, but every hour that goes past it sounds better and better!

We see the internal medicine doctor in the morning and he will have all the answers. He called the doctor who put him on this thing early this morning, but he was in surgery all day and the nurses did not know the answer.

stationarymom
June 20th, 2017, 01:00 AM
I think i'd be hangry also if I were him.I still have you both in my prayers.

TMP
June 20th, 2017, 01:01 AM
Its been over 30 years since my DH was in the Air Force hospital and they were trying to figure out what was wrong with him. He had to go with out food and water for two weeks. They kept him hospitalized with an IV on the ward where they had obese people with their last chance to loose weight. He was miserable. When the time was over they started him on a clear diet that consist of strained broth. (it looked like hot water) and he got of all things black coffee. To this day the man can not eat any brothy soups and doesn't like the smell of coffee. I don't know what advice to give you other than, to take it day by day. Maybe try to help him keep his mind busy. When he is over all this and well the man deserves the meal of his choice.

bubba
June 20th, 2017, 01:38 AM
When this is over and done with, I told him I'd fix him a brisket, which is a pretty special meal here! He'll also get some potato salad to go with it, and whatever else he chooses!

Simply Quilting
June 20th, 2017, 02:31 AM
I hope you get some answers in the morning. Hopefully, he will be one of the people that eventually lose the being hungry or want to eat while he is doing this. (It does come back once they start eating again.)

Iris Girl
June 20th, 2017, 07:38 AM
This has been a very long hard road on both of you. Hopefully this is the final leg and recovery will be on its way and quick. I can feel for you both. Not sure I would be a strong enough wife to deal with all you have gone through. Hugs to you both