PDA

View Full Version : It's Monday, wasn't that a weekend

Monique
June 19th, 2017, 06:17 AM
Good morning friends. I am lucky to be on here this morning. We had a storm blow through here last night which knocked out the power. It came back on sometime after midnight, thankfully. I leave this morning for my road trip with Bonnie. Three quilt shops today.

Well it was quite the weekend. I had the family in. Phil and Jodi attended a wedding. Maizyn and I went to the reception for a little bit. I got the dj to play a song for her, Katy Perry. She and I danced, we were home by 10. It rained hard all night, I didn't sleep well. We were on a mattress in the living room. I didn't hear the kids come in either but heard footsteps. At one point Maizyn fell off the mattress. Phil comes downstairs and he is going to sleep on the love seat because Jodi was sick on his side of the bed. So I give up the mattress to him and go upstairs. I never did fall back asleep after 2:40. So I get up, make a coffee. Les gets up at 4 to get ready for his trip. He had left his glasses on the floor on Maizyn's side of the mattress and guess what? Yup, she had fallen on his glasses and bent them. Oh I had just broken mine as well when I had rolled over. So I get them somewhat back to normal. He goes to leave BUT I had left the window open on the van. The seat was SOAKED, he had to put a towel down to keep his butt dry. Poor guy, I felt so bad.

Kids left around 1:30 or so. I did a few loads of laundry, threw out the sheets and the mattress cover, but saved the quilt. It was one my mother had made. There is a stain but it isn't too bad. Had to have a nap in the afternoon.

I am all packed and ready for the road trip. I will be making lunch for us. I did this last year and we stopped an had a picnic.

So, friends, feel free to start us off in the mornings if I am MIA!!

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Carlie Wolf
June 19th, 2017, 07:01 AM
Wow what a busy weekend. I admire your energy :-) Good luck on your road trip I hope it's very successful for you.

Nothing doing here or planned. We might have a few storms roll in this morning and we lost electricity for a short time last night but I don't remember hearing any storms. I have about 4 projects I can work on if I want.

Star lover
June 19th, 2017, 07:08 AM
Wow Monique, sounds like you coulda used a party organizer...whew, lots going on. Happy for you and your trip, enjoy! Buy enough to pet for awhile...
Had a nice weekend. We celebrate Father's Day and a gd birthday all together. My gd loved her notebook cover...her favorite color, purple.
Got my fathers tribute quilt basted and started hand quilting last night....never planned but it all worked out....I started sewing the quilt on the anniversary of my fathers death, finished sewing it on the anniversary of his birth and then started quilting on it on Father's Day...strange how things happen.
Hope everyone stays safe, not too warm and you're able to enjoy the day!

Iris Girl
June 19th, 2017, 08:12 AM
Morning all. Rain/t storms off and on all day for today. hot , humid and sticky. Work for me. This is the week I finally get to have my propane company switched. So tired of being ripped off for almost twice the price. But finally the tanks are low enough as the current company will not buy back what is left in my tanks, I had to use as much as I feel safe doing.

Monique sounds like a busy weekend you had, get some rest.

I joined the halloween runner/wall hanging swap and am so excited at what is emerging from my hands LOL.

Have a great day all!

mischiefkat
June 19th, 2017, 08:17 AM
Iris Girl,
I looked at the Halloween witches you posted the other day. I am waiting to see how yours turn out. Kathy

Iris Girl
June 19th, 2017, 08:18 AM
Iris Girl,
I looked at the Halloween witches you posted the other day. I am waiting to see how yours turn out. Kathy

Waiting to get the pattern then my son has some ideas he is designing for the borders.

mischiefkat
June 19th, 2017, 08:36 AM
Waiting to get the pattern then my son has some ideas he is designing for the borders.

Nice that he is helping Kathy

grammaterry
June 19th, 2017, 11:00 AM
Monique,the start of your post scared me! Glad it wasn't an accident or something, just one calamity after another huh?
I'm determined to get to sew today! After I clean the house! And do laundry..?

laura44
June 19th, 2017, 11:04 AM
Morning all, so interesting to hear how our lives are so
different. Moving day here, of course it will get up to 105 degrees today, HOT!
I have an confession, only telling you girls, I wish we were not moving, I like
my old house better. Too late. But I figure God wants us there for a reason.
And I do get a really big craft room, lol.

WendyI
June 19th, 2017, 11:27 AM
Morning...nothing new, my weekend was boring as usual. Work is slow so going to be a very long day again. So sad to hear about Olive and I'm already feeling emotional today so that was very heartbreaking news. Losing furkids is so painful.

Trying to decide when to book my holidays and I think I'm just going to take Monday's off all summer....I can't afford to really go anywhere so that's probably the best idea. I hate weekends right now though so not sure I want to actually make them longer!

Sending love and hugs to all, especially Barb who I'm sure is needing lots today. xoxox

SuzyQue
June 19th, 2017, 11:28 AM
Patchwork of sorts......finished the bead board ceiling in the addition! Yay! I did get a baby quilt finished and bound before we lost electricity for part of each of the last three days! Tired but happy! Much catch up and laundry......more work in new room.....re-roofing the chicken house....and wheat harvest to start.......never ending list! I hope to get some quilting time in the edges of the days.

JCY
June 19th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Monday morning hellos ~ Sunny & the day probably will be hot. It was 92 yest. with higher temps. coming mid-week.

I did one load of laundry & have taken my car over to the shop. It has a leak under the engine -- possibly power steering fluid or maybe brake or transmission fluid. DH wasn't sure. He's been watching if for a few weeks, keeping a paper under the engine & monitoring how much it dripped. So...we are waiting for a diagnosis.

I cleaned my Tiara yest.--took off the plate, oiled things, etc. & installed a new needle. I'm ready for the next quilt. I practiced some ruler work on the sample block. Still finalizing the quilting pattern, but it will be straight line ruler work which will accentuate the stars. I hope to get started on the quilt today.

I chatted with DS#2 for an hour last night. He lives in the Seattle area. He lives alone in an apt. While he was never married, he had a SO for 3 yrs. & is the dad of my oldest gr. dau., who will be 28 this fall. DH & I had a quiet Father's Day at home.

Monique, it sounds like you had more than your share of excitement over the week end. I hope everyone has a good start to their week.