• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Thursday, one day closer to Friday

Good morning friends. It's another beautiful blue sunny sky this morning. I was already here earlier this morning as I got up to pee and then couldn't get back to sleep. I was up for a couple of hours and then back to bed.

My poor hubby!! He was trying to organize a golf trip for Sunday to Bluff Point in Upstate New York. The place was booked but everyone has backed out on him. He tried to cancel yesterday but it looks like he is going to have to pay anyway because he is cancelling so short notice. He was not a happy camper yesterday. So he has decided he is going anyway, he might as well if he is on the hook for it. I would have gone with him except I am taking off with Bonnie on our road trip. I even offered to cancel my plans so I could be with him, he said no. I feel so terrible for him. I think he should ask those who baled for money but not sure if he will or not. I don't think he will be doing this again EVER!!

Thinking of Joan (stationarymom) as she will facing challenges in the coming months (read her post "Not such a great day" if you have no idea what I am talking about. I just cannot imagine what she will be going through.

Barb you have so busy making all these little gifts for us all, take some time for yourself and get your back into good shape again.

Norma, it's your birthday, take the day off.

I did some straightening in the sewing room yesterday and worked on some more Indigo spin blocks. They are still coming out a little wonky. I tried starching them which helped a little. I am not liking how this is going but I will keep on as I have it all cut out. But I won't be making two of them. Very disappointing to me.

I will go to town this morning with Les as he will be cutting grass there again this week.

Have a wonderful day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Iris Girl
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2013

Re: Thursday, one day closer to Friday

Morning all. Another sunny day here as well. Towels on the line drying. Monique if I were your hubby I would ask for some compensation also, sorry he has to go alone. Enjoy your road trip. I have not tried the Indigo spin block yet but will soon. Yesterday I was off and did not feel like sewing. I tried to cut some things but my helpers thought the mat was for them to roll around on, so no cutting.
    Joan my healing thoughts are with you.
    Norma day off sounds good.
    Barb has been a busy bee being forum angel, rest your back.
    Have a few errands to run after work and appointments to make, one for new tires on front of my car the other to change our propane company.
    Have a great day all!
    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2013

Monique I think hubby should tell the guys to ante up.

My kitchen finally is painted. Took a week and half but I finally get my house back to myself. Carlie is happy too since she had to stay up in my office while the painters were here.I'm going to totally enjoy just meandering around the house in the silence although I do have to get all that "stuff" back into the kitchen. I've vowed to totally go through it all, toss what I really don't need and scrub, scrub, scrub anything I keep.

Walked out on my porch this morning while my coffee brewed and some birds had decided to build a nest over my kitchen door. What a MESS. I think NOT my little birdies (and got the broom).
      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

• Star lover
        Missouri Star
        • Apr 2016

Good morning everyone.
        Monique....not fair to your husband and they call themselves his friends?....
        April, I agree with you and am also praying for so many that have some health problems. Joan, Barb, Bababoo, MM, just to name a few. Hugs and love and prayers for many. Including our country as well. We have some nuts out there and our country is hurting because of it.
        Haven't slept good the last few days and after my dh left for work at 5:30, it started raining.... mmmmm, so off to bed I went (I sleep sooooo good when it rains) and slept like a rock until 8:30. Feel great, full of energy....who knows what I can acccomplish today?
        Maybe nothing, but I'm planning on a bunch of stuff....so I'm off....well after some time on the forum!
        Hope everyone has the best kind of day they can. Hugs, love and prayers to all who need them.

Comment

• LauraP
          Missouri Star
          • Dec 2015

If it weren't for bad luck, this week I wouldn't have any luck.
          First, I ripped out twenty blocks so I can change the middle square from white to cream because I changed the background on another block and they just didn't play well together. Got that done last night so now I need to go get my new material.
          Then, night before last the a/c went out. Hubby got that going (He's my hero!).
          Yesterday was spent shampooing the RV carpets and a couple walls. So I thought since I didn't have to take the shampooer back till this afternoon I would do the main rooms in the house. But my vacuum decided not to work and I don't have time to take it apart and fix it, so I will rent the shampooer when we get back.
          So in the next two days I have to finish the laundry, pack the RV and get my quilt blocks sewn and the applique pieces sewn to the fusible so I can turn them and have neat edges. Then I will hand sew them on while we are driving.
          I AM SO READY FOR VACATION!!!!!!!
          but first I have a haircut today and have to take the dog to the vet to get his certificate of health so when we go into Canada we won't have any problems.
          sigpic

Comment

• seaturtle
            Missouri Star
            • Jul 2015

Morning all,

Since I haven't been around for a while, I decided to check in here first to see what's been going on. I must have been gone quite a while, as I don't recognize a lot of things.

Monique, sorry to hear about your DH's golf outing falling apart. Hope he can get some help from the others. What is a spin block? I'll have to go find the post about Joan and Barb. Prayers for those who are suffering.

April, your helpers are so cute. My dog always joins me in the sewing room, but the cat never ventures in.

Carlie Wolf, we keep Boston ferns on the front porch every year and every year a sparrow family nests in one of them. It usually smashes half the plant, but I don't mind having them there. This year, a neighborhood cat on the prowl was able to jump into the nest one night and I got up in the morning to find feathers scattered on the porch. I looked in the fern and there was a small nest with 4 little eggs in it. I haven't seen the birds around the fern since, so I'm assuming the cat got her. Made me sad.

Anita, we had a wonderful thunderstorm last night - sleeping was good. Enjoy your day.

Laura, hope you have a great, relaxing vacation.

I'm off to read the forum to see what's up. Have a great day, everyone!
            Cindy

Comment

• Bubby
              Missouri Star
              • Jun 2011

Morning....It was storming when I got up this morning. It has passed and the sun is out. Don't you know how humid it will be later today...just like a sauna. This is a good day to stay indoors.

I'm putting together a photo album with pictures of Olive for Jeff for Fathers Day...he will love it. Dottie is giving him chocolate and a gift certificate from Bass Pro and Olive is giving him a sign that says Best Papa Ever. I will make him a steak dinner and it should be a good day.

Wishing everyone a stellar day.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• JCY
                Missouri Star
                • Jul 2013

I'm just getting here. I just finished posting pics of my Baby Blocks Star quilt using "Electric Feather" fabrics. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I still need to hand tack the 4 corners on the back & sew on a label.

I've been waiting for my tummy to settle from breakfast. (Reflux - need to wait 1 hr. after eating for all that bending over.) Now I'm headed out to weed in the front flower bed before it gets too beastly. It was 97 yest. & is expected to be 90 or above today. I spent all yest. a.m. in the kitchen making DH's chicken soup. This batch made 9 qts. In the afternoon I sewed the binding on the baby quilt. I noticed 2 areas of FMQ stitches that needed repair, so I finished that up this a.m.

Time to gather up my tools & dig out some weeds. Have a great day.

Comment

• WendyI
                  Missouri Star
                  • Nov 2012

Morning all! It's almost Friday and I am very much looking forward to the weekend...I normally don't but I am today. Liam is going to be at his dads on the weekend and I am going away so will be nice. Have to do my Saturday chores tonight though so mopping floors and dusting when I get home, and possibly shampooing upstairs carpets. Then laundry. Wish I was home doing it now because work is so painfully slow I want to gouge my eyes out! I HATE being bored at work!

Thinking of poor Joan and hoping all goes well. Such a tough diagnosis for anyone. Thinking of of MM and everyone else who is having health issues and sending healing thoughts. Of course Olive is in my thoughts as always. Monique, you enjoy that sun cause it's gonna be gone tomorrow. We've got total cloud cover here today...so grey....makes me want my pillow!

Off to browse the forum and see what's what! Sending love to all! xoxo

Comment

• redcaboose1717
                    Missouri Star
                    • Apr 2011

Joy, I am happy to see that I am not the only that cans her own soups etc.
                    I have been making soup from scratch ever since I have been married in 1974 !
                    I rarely fix anything that isn't completely homemade. I make my own homemade Noodles & Spaghetti. My kids have never eaten boxed spaghetti or egg noodles. I think the hardest thing for me to learn was how to make a pie crust from scratch....that took some time.
                    My MIL bless her heart sent me two recipes each week in her letters to DH Terry & I when Terry was stationed in Germany when he was in the Army. I treasure all those recipes and use them often. My DD laughs at me because on the back of the recipe card I jot down the date that I made a batch of cookies......My DD Mysti Dawn finally asked why I did that, and I told her that I did it so I could remember the last time I had made that batch of cookies.....so I didn't keep making the same cookie recipes over and over again. I have supplied more of the cookies for the coffee hour at our church over the years. I make cookies ahead as well, ( right now there's 3 batches ( 36 count ) of cookies in the freezer at the church.)
                    When I worked full-time, I baked and cooked several meals ahead of time on Sunday night for the entire week.....That way we didn't have to worry about what to make for dinner !

Take care....
                    Garfield .jpg
                    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

• JCY
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jul 2013

Sugar ~ Scratch cooking is the only thing I can do for DH. He has so many food allergies & intolerances. E.g. if you buy canned chicken broth (whether it's actually in a can or a qt. box), even organic items, most likely the label will say "natural flavor" or "spices". MSG can be a hidden ingredient in either of those 2 labels. If you buy some other product which lists "broth" as one of the ingred., per the labeling laws, they're not required to list if the broth contains MSG. DH is deathly allergic to MSG. He has to avoid spices, citrus, onions, garlic, etc. He's also lactose intol. & can't eat nuts. He was eating peanut butter a year or so ago, hoping to gain some weight, until he finally developed an awful rash over most of his body. It took a long time to resolve. The only cause we could come up with was the PB. What a disappointment that was. He can't drink any of the electrolyte beverages because they contain flavorings & color dyes, & if it says "filtered water", that's no guarantee it's not from a fluoridated water source. I finally found some electrolyte drops on Amazon that he adds to the distilled water. (Our city water is fluoridated, which he can't tolerate.) We bought a home water distiller before we ever moved to CO because all the towns around here are fluoridated. To say the least, it's been challenging.
                      Last edited by JCY; June 15, 2017, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X