PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday hellos!!

Monique
June 14th, 2017, 08:14 AM
Good morning friends. We have ANOTHER sunny day today but so much cooler than it has been. That's okay we'll take it.

Yesterday was no a day without complications. The lad's truck bringing the lawn tractor, was too small. Luckily everyone knows everyone. Off to borrow another truck and trailer. I can't buy a cover for it, none in stock. One ordered and should arrive today. Finally lawn tractor is home. Hubby cut the grass yesterday and did the neighbour's too. Can't wait to have my turn.

Today is also new tires day. We had a flat on the weekend and 4 new tires ordered. That is being done this afternoon.

I was sitting here yesterday looking for something to do, found the ABC blocks that I bought at a garage sale. WELL, I am really disappointed as there are some letters missing. So now to decide what to do with them. I was looking for an embroidery project but I can't find it YET!! I want to take it with me on my road trip. So I guess today I will tidy up the sewing room.

So not much else going on around these parts.

Have a wonderful day friends.

And for today's enjoyment!!!!

This is what today is:

Today's Holidays and National Days are listed below.
Army's Birthday.
Family History Day.
Flag Day.
International Bath Day.
National Bourbon Day.
National Strawberry Shortcake Day.
Own Your Share of America Day.
Pause for the Pledge Day.

Star lover
June 14th, 2017, 08:25 AM
Wow, you're busy and for whatever reason today is busy everywhere! Who scheduled all that on one day? Well, maybe everyday has something special attached to to.
Not much here either. Cloudy, looks like rain, but it's only suppose to get into the 80's...yeah!
Hope everyone enjoys flag day....bath day, army day, ooo bourbon day, mmmm strawberry day, whatever your day is...enjoy!

JCY
June 14th, 2017, 09:01 AM
Good Wednesday Morning ~

I have a busy morning ahead making DH's chicken soup from scratch. It usually makes 10-12 qts. for the freezer. That job will take most of the morning.

We enjoyed a cooler day yest. (80's) & it cooled off nicely last night for sleeping. It's supposed to be sunny & ~90 today.

Our quilt guild was last night. I always enjoy the "Sew & Tell" where ladies share the projects they've made. I shared the Scripture quilt & the Baby Jungle panel quilt. Next mo. I hope to share the 2 recent ones I've made. The speaker was Jeananne Wright, who is a nationally known speaker & quilt appraiser. She talked about humble quilts from under the radar that were made from 1940 to 1975 that were scrappy, often had no pattern, no thought to color placement, etc., but were made from whatever fabric people had on hand. She has a large private collection of quilts & quilt tops. She finds quilts all over the country. She's funny & a delightful speaker. She was wearing the same green dress her mom wore to Jeananne's wedding in 1962, complete with white gloves tucked into her belt & a green sort of feathers looking hat to match.

Well, DH is ready for breakfast.

Bubby
June 14th, 2017, 09:02 AM
Good Morning Everyone....It's going to be another scorcher today with higher humidity than we've had so far. Monique, I'm so glad you got a riding mower. We have so much to mow that we have two mowers.

It's time to get Dottie's water toys out. Olive hates the water and hides or wants indoors when Dottie plays with the hose and sprinkler. The two Girls are so different for being the same breed.

A quick straightening of the sewing room is in order this morning.

Wishing everyone a sunny day.....Hugs.

Iris Girl
June 14th, 2017, 09:23 AM
Morning all. It will be a bit cooler and lower humidity today. The bear quilt backing is out on the line drying. Not much going on today.
Just a gentle reminder to those that have no addresses in their user notes. We can't send a surprise gifty with no address. I have a few on my list I would love to send something to but no addresses. I understand everyone is not comfortable doing it , and it is your personal choice.

redcaboose1717
June 14th, 2017, 10:00 AM
It's nice here in Michigan.
I have cut out a couple of shorts for my granddaughter and plan to get them finished later today. Then I will work on the quilts I am making for some of the grandkids.

Have a great day everyone !

Georgie Girl
June 14th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Morning all. It will be a bit cooler and lower humidity today. The bear quilt backing is out on the line drying. Not much going on today.
Just a gentle reminder to those that have no addresses in their user notes. We can't send a surprise gifty with no address. I have a few on my list I would love to send something to but no addresses. I understand everyone is not comfortable doing it , and it is your personal choice.

Well if you can't trust quilters who you going to trust:D And if you are coming to steal my stash come on over I doubt I well even notice.

liz72703
June 14th, 2017, 10:32 AM
LOL, some interesting holidays there. :lol:

• International Bath Day.
• National Bourbon Day.
• National Strawberry Shortcake Day.

Monique
June 14th, 2017, 11:13 AM
LOL, some interesting holidays there. :lol:

• International Bath Day.
• National Bourbon Day.
• National Strawberry Shortcake Day.

So you could eat shortcake, drink bourbon while having a bath!!!!

Alana
June 14th, 2017, 11:18 AM
So it's International Strawberry Shortcake day!!! Well, I can get into that for sure!
I have been going like mad sewing up a storm. I have an outdoor show in July and have been trying to get things done for selling. My sewing room looks like two bombs went off. Normally it looks like one did.....so I should re organize things and get back to it today.
Cooler here today and the humidity seems to have settled for now. The sky is totally clear and beautiful shade of blue. I just may go for a walk after cleaning up.
Friday is Chinese Food night at my girlfriends and I am looking forward to that. Tomorrow our branch of Victoria Quilts (quilts ofr cancer patients) is invited to another branch for lunch. It should be interesting to see how another branch works.
Off to the showers now and get at it. Have a great day everyone!!

LauraP
June 14th, 2017, 12:16 PM
It is hot and sticky here. I know because our a/c went out in the middle of the night. So now, DH is fixing that instead of greasing the RV so we can leave. He also fixed the leaky outside faucet this morning which meant I woke up to no water. I guess I will look on this as a blessing since it would have been much worse if it had happened while we were gone.
I was supposed to go 45 min away to WM with my SIL this morning but she decided she had better have a "come to Jesus" meeting with her daughter. So maybe we will go this afternoon. In the meantime I need to shampoo the carpets in the RV. At least the a/c works out there!

WendyI
June 14th, 2017, 12:43 PM
Morning all!! I am very late to the game today. Been chatting with my sister instead of working this morning...and work is slow anyway which I hate. Makes for a very long day!! It is a gorgeous day out there though! The sun is shining and no humidity! I'll take it!!

Going on a date tonight...wish me luck! Nothing much else going on.

Sending love and hugs to all! xoxo

Star lover
June 14th, 2017, 02:00 PM

Sounds like a win, win, win!

Monique
June 14th, 2017, 03:42 PM
Sounds like a win, win, win!

I think you could switch out the bourbon!!

liz72703
June 14th, 2017, 10:27 PM

Sounds like a plan!! I can think of worse things! :lol: