PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday morning

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
June 7th, 2017, 04:17 AM
Good morning everyone,
Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

I'm going to the dentist for a cleaning, then do a bit of shopping.

I might get to another closet cleaned and organized today, or maybe I will just do some quilting, that sounds like more fun. Ok its settle quilting it is, and San Diego rolled tacos for dinner. Being Wednesday my daughter will be over and she also loves Mexican food.

Anyone have any good Mexican recipes they'd like share?

Have a wonderful, fun filled day
Pam

LauraP
June 7th, 2017, 05:35 AM
So what are we doing up so late! I was working on my DH's genealogy. I have some of his lines back to England. Found out that his however many great grandmother was Katherine Howard's sister and Anne Boleyn's first cousin. I'll bet she was glad she didn't catch Henry 8s eye. I think it's time for bed. Hope you have a great day.

redcaboose1717
June 7th, 2017, 05:37 AM
Pam,
Sounds like more fun to quilt ( and or just regular sewing ) instead of cleaning closets !!! Of course if you "REALLY" want to clean some closets, you can come to my house and help me out ! ( ugh ! ) I have delayed what I call Spring Cleaning this year. I really need to get on the stick and do some major house cleaning. Normally by now, I have my kitchen cupboards all cleaned and re-arranged, I have cleaned out the closets and donated the clothes we no longer wear or need. I just haven't felt like cleaning.....Of course I had some major health issues last fall, and while that is no excuse! ( I mean if I am well enough to quilt & sew, I am well enough to get some of the cleaning done aren't I ? )

Anyway, whatever you decided to do, you have a wonderful awesome day too !

Monique
June 7th, 2017, 06:54 AM
Good morning. It's another work/quilt day for me. Coming along on the big quilt. I think today we are to see the "SUN" WOOHOO!!:icon_surprised::icon_surprised::icon_surp rised:

We had our final dinner last night for the Lionettes. This was my last official 'meeting' for the year. I was given a $50 gift certificate from one of my favorite 'local' quilt stores. To say I was excited is an understatement.

I wish everyone a great day.

Star lover
June 7th, 2017, 07:03 AM
Good morning everyone. Hoping for a nice day. We were to have sun yesterday and got clouds and sprinkles. Today we're to get sun too....we'll see. Putting up with the dreaded cottonwood seeds. 2 neighbors have one.....huge trees. Wish they would cut them down. Looks like it's snowing and we have mounds of "snow" along the grass. They get into everything and you can't sweep or anything to get rid of them. They pack up at the back of the garage and get into the car every time. We finally came up with using a shop vac and sucking the stuff up, a mess!
Ah well, finally think I've decided what to do with a border on a quilt top...sure hope it's the right decision. I hate it when I can't decide between my options.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Carol336
June 7th, 2017, 08:14 AM
Good morning everyone. Here's my take on house cleaning.....phooey on it!!!!! I do only what I need to do to keep the bugs away and make it look presentable - no more!!!! Used to be a nut about cleaning, but what the heck - I'm 72 - don't know how many days I have left here on this earth and plan to make everyone count. AND - even with that attitude I keep a much much much cleaner house that either of my children - messy messy peeps those kids turned out to be - didn't get it from me that's for sure - LOL.

I'm so excited - tomorrow I'm going to Lancaster with an old friend of mine. I've been wanting to go for ages, but didn't have anyone to go with. Then several weeks ago DH got in touch with an old childhood buddy and we had he and his lovely wife over for dinner one evening. When she saw my sewing room she went crazy - she's been a sewist/quilter (who knew) for years and of course we immediately bonded. Mind you I've known this lady for years, but didn't even know about her "hobby". Long story short - she was lamenting the fact that her DH used to take her to Lancaster a couple times a year, but he's not well enough ( COPD and Lou Gerigs disease) to do it anymore and she can't make the drive herself - "HELLO - I'll drive - lets go now - the boys can do the dishes"!!!! Anyway - tomorrow is the day and I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. Oh and I should also mention that my maiden name is ZOOK - yes I'm Pennsylvania Dutch- so of course we'll be going to Zooks Fabrics....probably related somehow - maybe I can get a family discount - LOL

Have a great day everyone

Vonnie
June 7th, 2017, 08:30 AM
Good Morning!

My family loves this Mexican recipe: https://www.mccormick.com/spices-and-flavors/recipe-mixes/slow-cookers/slow-cookers-fiesta-chicken-seasoning-mix

I just follow the recipe on the back and it makes great burritos or just over corn chips in a bowl and top with cheese.

Iris Girl
June 7th, 2017, 08:39 AM
Morning all. Day off here. Doing laundry as I can see the sun poking its sleeping head out. Should be getting warmer later in the week hope not too hot. Washing up the gorgeous fabrics Barb gave me. I have decided to make myself a throw sized quilt for cuddling under while watching TV. I think I found a great pattern to utilize the 3 fabrics, what do you all think. here re my 3 beautiful fabrics and this is the pattern I found.

Star lover
June 7th, 2017, 08:42 AM
We used to eat these all the time (beef and bean burritos) until my dh had health issues...we loved them!

https://www.melskitchencafe.com/freezer-beef-and-bean-burritos/

amartin24
June 7th, 2017, 08:45 AM
Good morning everyone. Here's my take on house cleaning.....phooey on it!!!!! I do only what I need to do to keep the bugs away and make it look presentable - no more!!!! Used to be a nut about cleaning, but what the heck - I'm 72 - don't know how many days I have left here on this earth and plan to make everyone count. AND - even with that attitude I keep a much much much cleaner house that either of my children - messy messy peeps those kids turned out to be - didn't get it from me that's for sure - LOL.

I'm so excited - tomorrow I'm going to Lancaster with an old friend of mine. I've been wanting to go for ages, but didn't have anyone to go with. Then several weeks ago DH got in touch with an old childhood buddy and we had he and his lovely wife over for dinner one evening. When she saw my sewing room she went crazy - she's been a sewist/quilter (who knew) for years and of course we immediately bonded. Mind you I've known this lady for years, but didn't even know about her "hobby". Long story short - she was lamenting the fact that her DH used to take her to Lancaster a couple times a year, but he's not well enough ( COPD and Lou Gerigs disease) to do it anymore and she can't make the drive herself - "HELLO - I'll drive - lets go now - the boys can do the dishes"!!!! Anyway - tomorrow is the day and I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. Oh and I should also mention that my maiden name is ZOOK - yes I'm Pennsylvania Dutch- so of course we'll be going to Zooks Fabrics....probably related somehow - maybe I can get a family discount - LOL

Have a great day everyone

Ahh Lancaster! One of my favorite places! I hope you can make it to Burkholders on your trip. http://www.burkfabric.com/store/
Once you've gone there, you won't want to go to any other fabric places again! I've spoken to people shopping in there before that came as far as Virginia and North Carolina. It's only about 30 minute drive from Zooks. Enjoy your trip!

Star lover
June 7th, 2017, 08:46 AM
Morning all. Day off here. Doing laundry as I can see the sun poking its sleeping head out. Should be getting warmer later in the week hope not too hot. Washing up the gorgeous fabrics Barb gave me. I have decided to make myself a throw sized quilt for cuddling under while watching TV. I think I found a great pattern to utilize the 3 fabrics, what do you all think. here re my 3 beautiful fabrics and this is the pattern I found.

Love the pattern...I think it'll look great with the fabric you were gifted! But that's me....and I guess you too!

Ginny B
June 7th, 2017, 09:02 AM
Good morning everyone. Well today is the day -- heading to CA to visit with gs. My sis is so excited to finally meet him. She said that since she hadn't met him yet, she would get dibs on cuddling and kissing him first. I told her to read the handbook ---- Oma gets the first kiss and cuddle, then Great-Auntie Karen. :)

The quilt is all packed along with some onesies (Yankees included of course) and some books. All of this is in my carry on.

Have a great week everyone. Carol, enjoy your trip to Lancaster. So happy you found a fellow quilter/sewist to go with. Sew much fun to be had for sure. I'll check in when I get a chance to see what everyone is up to. Flying back home next Tuesday night.

liz72703
June 7th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Here's a dip great recipe that I make when people come over. People love it and always ask for the recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/87678/avocado-feta-salsa/?internalSource=hub%20recipe&referringContentType=search%20results&clickId=cardslot%201

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
June 7th, 2017, 11:10 AM
Good Morning!

My family loves this Mexican recipe: https://www.mccormick.com/spices-and-flavors/recipe-mixes/slow-cookers/slow-cookers-fiesta-chicken-seasoning-mix

I just follow the recipe on the back and it makes great burritos or just over corn chips in a bowl and top with cheese.

Thank you for sharing that I will definitely put that on my shopping list and pick some up

JCY
June 7th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Good Morning ~ Oh, Lancaster! I'd love to visit there again. I was there for a week end back in 2003. I wasn't into quilting then, but I sure did enjoy looking at all the beautiful quilts in some of the shops. I didn't have diabetes then, so I really enjoyed all that good food. I've read a lot of books about the Amish; now I wonder if many of them do have diabetes. They cook & bake & eat so many sweets! One of my highlight of that week end was the Millennium Sight & Sound Theater in Paradise. What an awesome presentation of the story of Daniel (from the Bible). They used live animals & such spectacular sight & sound effects. It's 180 deg. of theater. If you get a chance to go there, do it! It's worth the money. The other highlight was seeing my son's family, who drove up from MD to meet my sis & me.

We're getting sun this a.m. Chance of showers this afternoon. The thunderstorms predicted for yest. never materialized. I didn't have a lot of time to sew, but I cut backing fabric for 2 quilts & cut strips for the bindings, got those sewn together & wrapped on the cardboard tubes all ready to use. I still have to clip the threads on the backs of the tops, spray starch & press. I have the practice quilt sandwiches made for each quilt; I need to decide on a FMQ pattern, then do the practicing before I actually start on the quilts. I plan to use a different thread, so there will be tension adjustments to monkey around with. That's probably my least favorite thing about using the LA.

I hope everyone has a good "hump day."

WendyI
June 7th, 2017, 01:56 PM
Ok...you all need to realize that - to 5 a.m. is NOT morning! It's night time and y'all should be sleepin!! What the heck! LOL!

I was stuffing diplomas all morning...huge convocation ceremony this weekend so lots to do. Thankfully, I don't actually have to work convocation...standing for long periods of time is not something I can do.

Not much new here with me. Will definitely be in the sewing room tonight but it will be to alter clothing so that it fits me! My pants are quite literally falling off my body. I have to hold them kind of when I walk around...it's getting ridiculous!

Sending love and hugs to those in need! xoxox

Carol336
June 7th, 2017, 02:08 PM
Ahh Lancaster! One of my favorite places! I hope you can make it to Burkholders on your trip. http://www.burkfabric.com/store/
Once you've gone there, you won't want to go to any other fabric places again! I've spoken to people shopping in there before that came as far as Virginia and North Carolina. It's only about 30 minute drive from Zooks. Enjoy your trip!

Actually Alina. Burkholders is our primary destination....got a couple of 25% off coupons burning a hole in our pockets. It'll be my first time there - so excited - did I already say that!!!!

Carlie Wolf
June 7th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Ah, Lancaster, we spend part of our honeymoon there. We visited the Amish Country. I remember going to the Hersey Factory. Was that in Lacaster. Anyway we went there back in the 70's.

I was suppose to go to lunch today but my friend had to cancel. Since I was going out the landlady didn't paint today. So I took the opportunity to clean the refrig out. UGH. I don't think she'll be done painting until Friday or Saturday. I had bought both grapes and peaches to do two patches of jelly. That had been on my dance card for this week. I hope it's still good by Sunday and next week because I'll be really disappointed if they go bad before I can get it done.

Today is cloudy and cool, high 60's but I still like it :-) It's a take it easy, quiet day which I love and now it's nap time. Yippeeee.

Cokie
June 7th, 2017, 07:56 PM
No recipes to share, but what are San Diego rolled tacos?