PDA

View Full Version : I shall eat ice cream......

bubba
June 6th, 2017, 07:19 PM
Slept like crap last night....hate waking up tired. Got up and puttered around then laid on the couch waiting for MM to get home so I could see him. Must have fallen asleep because I was covered with a throw and he was in the hospital bed sleeping!

He had an errand he needed me to do, so I went and did that. As I was heading back home to get on the freeway, the little old man in the third lane over decided he needed to turn right! Had someone been in the lane next to me, either I would have hit them or the old man would have hit me and I would have been cranky!

So, I went to a quilt shop to calm myself down. That's a good thing, right? Left there and stopped at the fruit stand, then Hobby Lobby for some purse hardware. They did not have what I needed. Headed to J's. Was texting Dolores about it when my phone flew out of my hands! Screen protector cracked into about 100 pieces. Could no longer text and now I was really cranky! Went to the phone store and got a new screen protector.

Then I came home to eat ice cream. Oh, and it's hot outside....80 degrees right now and the cottonwood is really blowing today!

Caroline T.
June 6th, 2017, 07:36 PM
After the day you have had, I think you deserve to add hot fudge, whip cream, and a cherry (or two) to that ice cream.

KarenC
June 6th, 2017, 07:39 PM
OH my, what a trip. I'm glad you were able to dodge that little old man without hurting yourself or anyone else. That's definitely a good reason to visit the quilt store. Followed up by the phone incident, I may have been tempted to go for a second serving of that ice cream.

bubba
June 6th, 2017, 07:40 PM
It was white chocolate raspberry truffle and I finished the carton! Does not need anything added to it.

stationarymom
June 7th, 2017, 01:56 AM
You deserved that ice cream

FaintlyArtistic
June 7th, 2017, 02:10 AM
Oh...80's sounds so nice! We've been over 100 for a couple of weeks now.:0

redcaboose1717
June 7th, 2017, 02:59 AM
After the day you have had, I think you deserve to add hot fudge, whip cream, and a cherry (or two) to that ice cream.

I agree with Caroline here.....I would be eating Hot Fudge, Vanilla Ice Cream, Carmel, Pecans.....and would have it for the rest of the day!

Simply Quilting
June 7th, 2017, 03:12 AM
Well deserved ice cream from the sounds of your day. The flavor sounds very yummy.

bubba
June 7th, 2017, 03:37 AM
Well deserved ice cream from the sounds of your day. The flavor sounds very yummy.

It's yummy! Hagen Daz makes it.

Star lover
June 7th, 2017, 06:51 AM
Oh my, so thankful you're OK. What a day! Anything to do with fabric, ice cream...all good. Nothing like petting fabric and chowing down a favorite ice cream! Hoping and praying that today is much better.
I agree, cottonwoods....the worst!

Monique
June 7th, 2017, 07:33 AM
I hope you have a better day today.

Carol336
June 7th, 2017, 07:54 AM
Oh definitely a reason for quilt shops and ice cream. I however would need to add some chocolate (hot fudge) and maybe caramel!!!

Sandy Navas
June 7th, 2017, 09:02 AM
Cracked nuts. You needed cracked nuts to make that sundae perfect. Yup!

MayinJerset
June 7th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Defiantly an Ice Cream Day with a little chocolate on the side.

I had one of those days recently and the ice cream really helped but was out of chocolate and settled for some mini chocolate chis left over from Christmas baking. Hoping today is a sun shiny day for you and MM.

MayinJerset
June 7th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Cracked nuts. You needed cracked nuts to make that sundae perfect. Yup!

So are you offering to be her cracked nuts? LOL!

auntiemern
June 7th, 2017, 03:34 PM
WoW!!! what a day. I have had more of them recently than I care to think about. The mere thought of ice cream makes my mouth water. I, however, want nothing to do with raspberry anything...but the chocolate does sound divine. Make mine pistachio, with hot fudge please. I may just have to treat myself. Hope today goes better today.

Cokie
June 7th, 2017, 07:54 PM
It must have been in the air or something. I had a really bad day yesterday at work (long story and I won't bother sharing!), came home and found my street blocked due to construction - they are laying new water lines on our street. Right smack dab in the street next to the curb by my house was a port-a-potty!! I thought it pretty much summed up how the day went. :icon_bah:

I should've had some ice cream...

WendyI
June 8th, 2017, 10:07 AM
You had a Wendy day!! Glad you had ice cream at the end...ice cream always makes things better!