PDA

View Full Version : Another wet and dreary Monday

Monique
June 5th, 2017, 06:55 AM
Good morning friends. Would you believe it's raining again? The weather man is promising sun by Wednesday and maybe 4-5 days of sunshine. I sure do hope that is true.

I don't know if you all read my post from yesterday but the Relay for Life was another huge success. This was our last one after 11 years. We went out with a bang, having raised just over $1 million dollars in that time. Sunday brought in $124,371 to bring that total over 1 million. The committee was tired and are looking for someone to take it over. I stayed all night and what a wonderful time we had. We had soup at midnight and played bingo at 2 am. Breakfast was at 5.

I was given permission by Knitted Knockers and Relay for Life to set up an information table. I think it went over really well. People were not aware of this wonderful organization but they are now.

I work all week, not sure which project I am taking with me yet.

I wish you all a great day.

Star lover
June 5th, 2017, 07:04 AM
Wow Monique! What a blessing that everything went so well! Sorry you won't be getting much rest this week after an all nighter!
Well, there's hope from bad weather. Whatever they say, may never happen. We were to have rain all day Sunday and today, yesterday it rained but really early, one would never know and so far nothing afterwards! Some gig, get paid and be wrong over 50% of the time. Not complaining, I love the beautiful weather we're having now.
Been frustrated by the borders on a quilt I'm trying to finish. You'd think it be sew so easy...no. I've tried a couple and still not right. So today I'm going to lay out all the options, take a photo and then decide. I'm hoping by take pics it'll make it more clear what direction I should take. I thought I knew and dh came home and was silent....finally he said he really didn't like it (and I was thinking I finally nailed it!) so time will tell.
Hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful day, enjoying those you love and doing something you love. Hugs to love in need...or not!

JulieC
June 5th, 2017, 08:02 AM
Congratulations on the successful Relay! My former workplace used to host a local Relay for Life, and the various departments would have teams at the Relay. I was on a team for several years. I can't imagine all the work involved in being on the planning committee. Enjoy your rest, you have definitely earned it!

peggiep
June 5th, 2017, 08:33 AM
Morning everyone...congratulations, Monique. That was a very successful event!
I hope to get something done today but with all the construction folks coming back today after a week off, I may be forced into the role of Project Manager again.
I started working on the "Homecoming" (a Canada 150 project) yesterday but have decided that I am not going to use it as a quilt but put it on stretcher bars and frame it so it can hang in a protected area outside our house...not sure if it will work, so wish me luck, please. Also trying to play catch up with both the Secret Santa project and Pat Sloan's Solstice Challenge. I love the way the latter is coming together, but there is just one block left and I have lots of sashings to create.
I hope the rain goes away. It would be so nice to have some sunshine!
Have a wonderful day.

Bubby
June 5th, 2017, 08:42 AM
Morning Everyone....Monique, that's great that so much was earned by Relay. I was active in Relay for a few years after my husband Michael passed. It's a wonderful cause.

We are getting another round of storms beginning this morning. Today is the last day to feed the neighbors cats. I'm still down with my back although I got some good sleep last night.

Wishing everyone a good Monday....

JCY
June 5th, 2017, 09:03 AM
Good morning ~

I've got only a min., then it's time to fix DH's breakfast. The pilot light went out again on the hot water heater yest., so we're doing without hot water till they can replace the HWH today at 3 p.m. Installation will cost $1,250. I'll have to heat water on the stove for doing dishes and for taking a sponge bath. The laundry can wait till tomorrow. All of this is upsetting for DH, but he'll get through it.

Carol336
June 5th, 2017, 09:11 AM
Good morning ~

I've got only a min., then it's time to fix DH's breakfast. The pilot light went out again on the hot water heater yest., so we're doing without hot water till they can replace the HWH today at 3 p.m. Installation will cost $1,250. I'll have to heat water on the stove for doing dishes and for taking a sponge bath. The laundry can wait till tomorrow. All of this is upsetting for DH, but he'll get through it.

wow - that seems like a lot of $$$ just for installation!!!

Carlie Wolf
June 5th, 2017, 09:35 AM
Woke up at4:30AM this morning. UGH. Around 7:30 I was looking out the window by my computer and saw two twin baby deer romping up a storm on the shore across the river from me. So cute!

I over did it yesterday cleaning out the kitchen for painting this week. The land lady called around 8PM to say she'd be coming today. Oh bummer. I thought I'd have an extra day to finish up. I just can't do as much or as fast as I use to. I went back down and finished off the kitchen, pulled some stomach muscles and was sick as a dog by 10PM.

I have someone coming at noon also. Today is not going to be an enjoyable one, more like a messed up frustrating one. We're suppose to get some storms which means Carlie will be on edge. With the landlady painting I'll need to buttonhole Carlie shut into my office and bedroom. I'm hoping she can paint the kitchen in one day but I dont think so. I think it took her three days when she did the one next door last year. :icon_sniff: The outdoor painters were suppose to start about a week and half ago but haven't shown up yet. They'll probably start by next week, that's suppose to take two week barring rain. Ohhhhhhhh, I want my privacy back.

grammaterry
June 5th, 2017, 10:30 AM
Monique you are so charitible​ with lots of organizations! I don't know how you do it. Carlie those little deer sound sweet. JCY, does that include the hwh? Humm....
We are coming on to the home stretch with storm damage repair. DH is so stubborn about hiring help. Ocd I think. I've moved things from one place to another so many times I'm getting frustrated with him. He has the sheetrock hung and now the old floor has to come up and then the new one down. Then the ceiling. Oh yes, the paint! But I think Carlie has it worse with the landlord disrupting her kitchen.

Georgie Girl
June 5th, 2017, 10:49 AM
Woke up at4:30AM this morning. UGH. Around 7:30 I was looking out the window by my computer and saw two twin baby deer romping up a storm on the shore across the river from me. So cute!

I over did it yesterday cleaning out the kitchen for painting this week. The land lady called around 8PM to say she'd be coming today. Oh bummer. I thought I'd have an extra day to finish up. I just can't do as much or as fast as I use to. I went back down and finished off the kitchen, pulled some stomach muscles and was sick as a dog by 10PM.

I have someone coming at noon also. Today is not going to be an enjoyable one, more like a messed up frustrating one. We're suppose to get some storms which means Carlie will be on edge. With the landlady painting I'll need to buttonhole Carlie shut into my office and bedroom. I'm hoping she can paint the kitchen in one day but I dont think so. I think it took her three days when she did the one next door last year. :icon_sniff: The outdoor painters were suppose to start about a week and half ago but haven't shown up yet. They'll probably start by next week, that's suppose to take two week barring rain. Ohhhhhhhh, I want my privacy back.

It could be worse. I decided to do a remodel of my kitchen which included replacing the flooring in my foyer, living room, kitchen and back hallway. My first cabinet guy left with $10,000 of my money along with no cabinets. He gave us a timeline so we ordered new wood flooring They were very understanding storing my order for a year, old flooring ripped out, so we lived on sub flooring talk about slivers, old cabinets ripped out which included counters and sink. In the process I decided to redo our two bathroom cabinets. Silly me. Toaster in the den micro in the living room along with plastic buckets (lots of buckets) of kitchen "stuff" Good thing I had my tub in my laundry room replaced because I did dishes in it for a year. Yes it took a year to get my kitchen back.Total nightmare which really affected my DH health. Be grateful it's only a few days. Hope your back gets better. I totally understand that. because of my DH health I had to get everything back in place. Yes my back went out which affected my legs couldn't sit, sewed standing up and ended with 3 cortisone shots and then my shoulder went out thinking it was a rotator cuff from lifting so much which rotated down my arm to my left arm including hands. Finally diagnoses with RA. Well that's my sad story but never stopped me from sewing. I think I did a lot of watching M* videos and shopping DD s.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
June 5th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Ah, that is great work for a good cause. It's been raining here also, except for Saturday and forecast rain for the next 3 days. We are promised sun and warmer Thursday and Friday. I just hope it does not rain Sunday, as my latest grandson is being baptized. With all the family and guests at my daughter's place, it's planned many would be on the patio.

WendyI
June 5th, 2017, 12:10 PM
Monique, you are so sweet to offer so much of your time. Glad you had fun and what a great accomplishment for sure.

Nothing new here....another boring weekend for me. I did manage to get my sewing room de-cluttered so will be going in tonight to try and alter some of my clothes. I have ONE pair of pants that actually fit me so I have to do something.

Next weekend I'm supposed to go to a friends cottage but supposed to rain so won't be doing much that's for sure. Still will be nice to get away.

Sending love and hugs to all who need them. xox