PDA

View Full Version : Happy Saturday

Mom23
June 3rd, 2017, 09:26 AM
I'm happy to get to start off the post this morning. I had two little nephews all week and they left last night. I was so used to getting up at the crack of dawn I woke early this morning. I haven't done a thing except drink coffee and catch up on the forum. Hubby has to work all day so I get to sew all day! I will wash bed sheets but that's about as far as I'm going when it comes to any type of work. I might ride my bike down to the farmer's market, on second thought, I will drive so I can get home to sew sooner.

I'm all caught up on UFO's so I get to start something new today. I have two Lori Holt kits so I think I will start the Cozy Christmas quilt. I know it's going to take some time so I will work on smaller projects at the same time.

It was good catching up this morning on what everybody has been doing. I've missed you!

Sandy Navas
June 3rd, 2017, 09:39 AM
Hi, Robin. Glad you have a special YOU day planned.

Cathy F
June 3rd, 2017, 09:58 AM
Morning all,
Yesterday got the rest of the planters filled with flowers. This morning is very chilly, hoping the sun shows it's head and warms up the day.

Nothing special on my schedule today will see how the day plays out. I started an embroidered runner for my sister yesterday and I have to say I love Sweet Pea designs. Instructions very clear and stitches out well. This won't be my last purchase from them for sure!

Hope everyone has a good weekend I hear a cup of coffee calling my name, more likely the cranberry orange scones in the oven, who am I kidding!

Bubby
June 3rd, 2017, 10:08 AM
Morning....Jeff just left for the apartments. He has to stop and buy a washer and dryer on the way. He wouldn't let us go with him. My back is still bad. I saw a doctor yesterday about another issue and he gave me some muscle relaxers hoping I could get some rest.

It's going to be hot and humid today so my plans are to stay in and piddle around. While I'm on meds that make me drowsy I won't sew, but I have a mountain of other things I can do.

Robin, thanks for starting the morning thread. I hope you get a lot of sewing done today.

Have a great weekend everyone.

buckeyequilter
June 3rd, 2017, 10:25 AM

It's been a while since I've posted. I hope everyone has been well and getting some quilting done.

Quilting has been my therapy through some rough times. My daughter had cancer surgery in January - but all is well there :) Then, in March, I lost my youngest sister. I'm hoping the rest of the year is uneventful!

Not much on my agenda this week-end. I'm getting ready to go to the LQS for some wide backing, I hate piecing backing but will if I have to. I have a quilt for my niece that just needs binding, so I'll get that done today.

Have a fantastic day!!!!

Angelia
June 3rd, 2017, 10:45 AM
I'm so sorry, Shirley. Uneventful sounds good to me, too.

JaniceR
June 3rd, 2017, 11:26 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss Shirley. I hope things go well and stay calm and peaceful for you for a very long time!!

JCY
June 3rd, 2017, 11:39 AM
Good Saturday Morning ~ I have the laundry started. Yest. was lunch out with the "girls" -- our Lady Bugs group -- we're all seniors. There were >20 of us. The food wasn't anything to write home about, but I enjoyed the conversation. On the way home, I stopped by & bought flowers. I got 3 flower baskets that contain geraniums, white bocopa & lavender scavola. (Not sure of right spellings). Every year I buy 3 purple fountain grass for pots --2 go on either side of the "fountain" (we don't run the pump anymore --just use it for a bird bath), & 1 goes in a container out front. I bought 10 geraniums for the front bed, 2 Vinca Vine & a lime green leafed sweet potato vine which will go in a rectangular container so the vines trail down. I think we finally are past the frost danger, but then one never knows in Colorado! Look at that late snow storm we had last month.

Robin, I can't imagine what it would be like to have no UFOs! If I'd quit making new tops & would quilt what I already have, I'd be further ahead. But, ya know, I just keep wanting to try Jenny's new tutorials. I have the Baby Block Star top finished and the Rail Fence Star top almost finished. I altered it some to make it rectangular, not square. I used an "Electric Feather" JR for both.

It looks like the neighbors are preparing for a big bash today. They power washed their deck, used the weed eater on the tall weeds (yippee! -- many of them were along the fence line & going to seed -- the north breeze blows the seeds into my yard) -- their outdoor tables are set up. I see unopened cases of pop. He was setting up the smoker last night. Their twin sons are grad. from HS, so it's probably a party for them. Hope they don't get too rowdy.

I'm still tired from weeding on Wed., so I plan to get in some sewing today. I think I can get the Rail Fence top finished.

Shirley, sorry to hear about your sister. It's always hard to lose loved ones. Glad your dau. is ok. I loved the pic you posted. Those are some of my favorite colors. Nice sentiment, too.

I'm keeping tabs on the hot water heater today. It seemed like the water didn't get very hot this a.m. If there's a problem, it will be frustrating because it is the week end.

Well, on to fix my breakfast. I hope everyone has a good week end.