PDA

View Full Version : Sitting up again and again Night Owl

Simply Quilting
June 1st, 2017, 02:05 AM
So last night, the sweet baby who is six months old started sitting up in his sleep which scared him each time he did it. For the first three hours of sleep in a row he did this. Then twice more during the night. A total of five times. Tonight it has only happened twice so I am hoping with his busy day today, he sleeps through the night. By the way Pat, telling him it was time to sleep through the night did no good for me. If you didn't live so far away, I would have you come over and tell him yourself. Although a quick roadtrip could be fun since MSQC is close by. (I know, no road trips til MM is healed.)

He received a wonderful report at the children's eye doctor today. His vision is right where it needs to be and at this point in time, the cross eyeing is not a concern so we go back in 6 months. I would encourage anyone who has small children to have their vision checked by at least 18 months. We had no idea there was anything wrong with dd vision until her eye appointment when she was 14 months old. At which time we learned she had very poor vision. Once she got her glasses, she put them on and only removes them to sleep and shower. Because her vision issues were caught early, her vision could be correct instead of just being treated.

How are things in your tree?

toggpine
June 1st, 2017, 02:20 AM
We have a sad farm.
Our older Anatolian livestock guardian dog died today. He has been off for a little bit. We thought it was the new kibble, but it was obviously more than that. He wasn't in pain, as I watched him pounce on, and play with, either a garter snake or a small mouse in the pasture on Monday evening.
He was a good dog and will be missed.

I don't feel like doing anything on my to-do list, so I will probably head for bed.
I hope things are happier in your neck of the woods!

bubba
June 1st, 2017, 02:59 AM
Again, I'm sorry about your dog :(

I'm using a new allergy pill (OTC) and last night before going to bed, there was a commercial on TV for it. Says to take it at night and it will help you sleep and then it will continue to work all day long. Well, I had been taking it in the morning and could not figure out why I was so tired, now I know! Boy, did I sleep well last night! Allergies have not been too bad today.

Doctor appointment went as well as could be expected and we will see how morning goes when we have to unpack/repack 'the hole'.......

Judy, USMC
June 1st, 2017, 03:25 AM
So sorry to hear about the loss of your Anatolian, Toggpine. Charyti - you could bring that boy over here anytime! I'll watch him while you get some sleep ... this has to be tiring for you. He used to be a good sleeper if I remember correctly. Pat, glad you are getting some good sleep now. My allergies are flaring - so much rain has caused things to grow quickly and that puts a bunch of pollen in the air.

It's my turn for a doctor apt. Yep, out of town again but no overnight stay . Off to bed for me now ... sweet dreams to the rest of you!

redcaboose1717
June 1st, 2017, 04:27 AM
So sorry to hear about your dog's passing.

pcbatiks
June 1st, 2017, 10:34 AM
Cathy, sorry to hear about your dog. I know you will miss him. I remember the pictures you posted of him a while back.

stationarymom
June 2nd, 2017, 01:40 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss.Losing a pet is just like losing a family member.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 2nd, 2017, 07:02 AM
So sorry to hear about your dog's passing! And Charyti, your little guy sounds like he provides daily entertainment, even if he keeps you up all night!

It has been 11 years since I lost my sweet hubby.i woke up in the middle of the night with memories of the night of his passing after 22 months of fighting through brain cancer. He was a brave one, for sure. Miss him so! I have a vision of him and his special buddies who have also passed sitting up there on Cloud Nine, jawing and enjoying each other'S company, every body happy and free from pain! That vision gives me great comfort!

Hope e ergo e has a good day!