PDA

View Full Version : Fun Weekend

Sharyn J
May 30th, 2017, 02:38 PM
My GD's were in to visit. We all ate too much BBQ and later had fun laying out my quilt blocks. My DD joined in as well but it soon lead to complete hysterical laughter. Her OCD took over and it made all of us laugh and roll the eyes.
Eventally, all the blocks were laid out in their order and my GD tagged each row and stacked them together for me. Of course, her mother couldn't stay out of it, so I discovered that I had two Row 4's when I got home. :icon_heh:

The girls went to the botanical gardens Saturday and walked until their feet hurt. Here's a few pics. They're such great kids!

Anitamae56
May 30th, 2017, 02:50 PM
Beautiful girls, glad you had a good time!

Star lover
May 30th, 2017, 02:54 PM
Grandchildren are a blessing, so happy you were able to enjoy time with them, making memories.

Judy, USMC
May 30th, 2017, 03:24 PM
Hey Sharyn - they are beautiful girls. Which gardens did they go to? Garfield Park or one of the gardens in the 'burbs?

I know the frustration of having a "helper" that does things differently than we have planned. Steve has his own way of helping ... and I usually have to wait til he goes to bed to figure out what he did. Two row 4's ... hmmmm!?!?!?!

amartin24
May 30th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Looks like you had a great time. Is that Oak Park conservatory? I was just there last month with my daughter.

Sharyn J
May 30th, 2017, 06:09 PM
They went to Garfield Conservatory. The girls are very close and go on lots of day trips for fun. They even had fun talking to the goats!

Judy, USMC
May 31st, 2017, 05:16 AM
I thought I recognized it! Went to a wedding there. Amazed that they can move all those plants but a reception where you can see the moonlight and night stars through the glass roof was magical.

Never saw any goats ... guess they weren't invited by the bride & groom. lol