PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday a new day

Monique
May 30th, 2017, 07:06 AM
Good morning. It is still cloudy this morning. It rained most of the day yesterday. I managed 3 loads of laundry and I also sewed the binding onto the whale quilt. I work tomorrow afternoon, so that will be my project to take with me.

I tried to take a nap yesterday but as soon as I lay down, I coughed so I never did get the nap in. I used my inhaler most of the day and took Nyquil last night and boy did I sleep well. I am still a little stuffed up this morning, and I haven't coughed YET!! Let's hope this has passed. At around 1 am I moved to the spare room as hubby was snoring. I find he is doing that a lot lately. It is usually me, which I am sure I still am.

Anywho, not sure if the weather will hold up to get the backyard grass cut. We shall see. Hubby might take a notion to do it. I was looking up how to cut acrylic sheets as I want to make a quilt but I would like to make the template for it. It has a curve. I will dig out my dremel tool and see if I can do it with that. It is the half clamshell pattern and it is hard to cut curves with just a knife. We shall see how I do and will let you all know the results.

Please say a little prayer for Maizyn. She sees the doctor on Thursday who is going to try and put her to sleep so they can look up her nose. She has a terrible fear of doctors and apparently this one was not nice the last time. I really hope this can happen.

So that's it, in a nutshell. Have a wonderful day friends. I hope you all enjoyed your long weekend.

Star lover
May 30th, 2017, 07:15 AM
Mornin Monique and everyone else....
Tired, worked most of the long weekend. I hardly remember Saturday...a blur of doing until 9 pm, then slept so hard I don't remember ever waking until Sunday am. It it felt good to get soooo much done. Flowers planted, herbs too, lawn done and so much more. Sunday we went to our sons and his family for a cookout. Had a really great time. I love spending time with kids, they have such neat ways of looking at everything. They have 4, so I was in grandma heaven.
Yesterday we went shopping for 1 flower pot. You'd think that was easy? Worst hours ever. Went to 7 places, never found what dh wanted....not sure now what he wants....not sure he knows what he wants. Finally I said, home, I'm tired and hungry.
Never made it to the sewing room, I plan on it today... I need some sanity!
Monique, I sure hope you're on the mend and feel better soon! I will pray for Maizyn.
Hope y'all have a wonderful peaceful (better yet- a pieceful) day!

Iris Girl
May 30th, 2017, 07:48 AM
Morning all, another rainy day here. Work also. Got a lot done on my R/W/B table topper yesterday , it was nice having a 3 day weekend. Hubby bit the dust and decided now was the time to replace his POS so we get to pick up his new to him Honda Ridgeline Thursday . He is like a kid in a candy shop. He has had his eye on one for quite awhile. New was out of the question this one was meant for him he figures and it is fully I mean fully loaded. It works perfect for his need for a daily driver plus the bed for large purchases. Monique glad your on the mend and hope Maizyn makes out ok at the Dr Thurs. Thats it for me for now. Have a great day all.

Bubby
May 30th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Morning....I had a sleepless night. I took a pain pill for my back before going to bed and I slept one hour and was wide awake the rest of the night. Not sure how this will impact everything I had on my list to do today.

Monique, I hope you are over the hump with your cold.

Wishing everyone a very good day...

WendyI
May 30th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Morning all! Monique, glad you are taking your puffers and they are helping. Hope Maizyn has a successful appointment. Barb, sending a wee hug for Olive today...she's in my thoughts as always.

Nothing exciting here today...but the sun is shining and it's lovely out so can't complain. Work is slow right now but I know I shouldn't complain. We have a huge upgrade coming and next month it's gonna hit the fan pretty hard. But it does make for a very long day.

Sending love and hugs to all who need them! xoxox

JCY
May 30th, 2017, 12:09 PM
A sunny good morning! The week ahead looks promising weather-wise. Warming up into the 80's later in the week. We had a heavy rain shower yest. afternoon, but then the sun came back out. Due to all the recent rain showers, I haven't had to run the sprinkler system all week.

I finished the Baby Block Star top yest. afternoon, then started on sewing strips together for last week's pattern, the Rail Fence Star pattern. I like to cut the 42" strips in half for better management with sewing & pressing. I got 9 sets made. Today I'll start cutting the 6.5" squares & arranging them, then do the snowballing of the corners. I'm using strips from the "Electric Feather" JR I bought back in 2013 & couldn't figure out what to do with it. It looks totally different when the strips are cut in smaller pieces.

Today I've been thinking of my parents who were married on this date in 1924. They had 60 yrs. together before my dad passed away at age 83 from complications of Parkinson's. They were missionaries to Mozambique (formerly Portuguese East Africa) back in the 1920's. Before going to Africa, they lived 6 mos. in Lisbon, Portugal to learn the language. Both my older bro. & sis were born in S. Africa. I came along during WWII when my mom was 40 y.o. My parents pastored in several states for 40 yrs. before he retired. She lived to age 92. We always used to celebrate their special day with making homemade ice cream using an old wooden sided hand crank maker. They both now are enjoying the glory of Heaven.

Carolnnc
May 30th, 2017, 12:15 PM
Good morning to all. The weekend flew by and I didn't get much of anything done! DH is home today and headed off to the dentist soon. I am hoping it's not to hot so I can finish straightening the garage. It's supposed to be DH's one place to hide but he's so messy I can't get to the animal feed without climbing like a mountain goat.
I started working on a patriotic table runner and then stalled because I'm not I like it. I am hoping to be able to get back to work on it today and finish it up tomorrow.
I'll put prayers for Maizyn on my calendar for Thursday. My youngest has asthma and when he was a toddler and saw anyone in a white coat he'd start to cry. Monique I hope your coughing and breathing gets better and Barb I hope your back gets better.
Sending out positive vibes for a great day.