• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redcaboose1717
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2011

Ever Seen Eagles ? Take A look....these are on a porch in Alaska

Take a look.....this is awesome ! This gal, (her name is Pam Aus) lives in Unalaska, Alaska.....She has several videos over the years about these Eagles. She also will tell you different things ( about the age of the Eagles and how you tell the difference between the males / females and the juveniles

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Here's a video from the same gal but in 2014.....There's several videos of these Eagles....This is in Unalaska, Dutch Harbor, AL.....

Enjoy !
    I had never seen Eagles like this.....around people before.

Smiles,
    Sugar /Jacqueline
    redcaboose1717
    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"
  • shirleyknot
    Banned
    Missouri Star
    • Sep 2014

Re: Ever Seen Eagles ? Take A look....these are on a porch in Alaska

I used to live near one of their nesting grounds, so I've seen them up close. Such magnificent birds!

Comment

• JCY
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2013

That was interesting. Thanks for sharing. I didn't realize eagles would come so close to people--even right on the porch. The cats didn't seem to bother either.

Comment

• cv quilter
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2015

Wow! Fred and I love eagles. So exciting to see them. I didn't realize, either, that they would be so unafraid of humans and animals.
        A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

• Hulamoon
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2012

I watched several of her other videos. The one with the cats and foxes was fun too. Thanks!
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

• redcaboose1717
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
            I watched several of her other videos. The one with the cats and foxes was fun too. Thanks!
            You're welcome Lorie....
            I accidentally found these videos early this morning. I found them really interesting, and I thought maybe someone here on the forum would enjoy them as well.

memorial day.jpg

Comment

• redcaboose1717
              Missouri Star
              • Apr 2011

Here's some more info....did you know that the baby ( juvenile) Eagles have completely brown heads ?
              Here's a few "young" juvenile Eagles:

Take a look at this video.....There's a bunch of Eagles "interested" in the bed of this truck

Here's a "juvenile" Eagle looking at that Truck bed full of something....and Ms. Aus tells some more info on how you can tell the Eagle's age(s)

Hope you enjoy this....I just thought it was sooo interesting ! I never saw Eagles like this. Not only that, but Ms.Pam Aus seems to know a lot about Eagles as well.

Comment

• snippet
                Missouri Star
                • Oct 2012

thanks for posting about her videos. they are really interesting (and pretty short too, which is nice)

I can't imagine so many eagles so close to each other! I kept thinking how much damage those talons were doing on the pickup when I watched the one of the eagles getting the fish out of the bed of the truck. Not to mention their droppings!

Comment

• Patty J
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2012

Decorah Iowa has a live eagle cam that looks into the nest.Seeing those eagle eggs and then the eaglets has been a real joy for several years. Watching them grow is just amazing.
                  I visited Alaska several times and enjoyed watching the eagles come and get fish out of the waters. Nature sure is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your video find.

Comment

Working...
                  X