PDA

View Full Version : Bright Tuesday today

Monique
May 23rd, 2017, 08:17 AM
It is a beautiful bright blue sky this morning. Yesterday was a dark, gloomy, rainy day.

I am like a squirrel, no kidding. The bathroom sink needed cleaning, so I started with that. Well the counter top needed straightening as well. Well under the sink cupboard needed to be cleaned out too. I got rid of most of the stuff under there. I don't think I really need so many body lotions and facial cleansers and wrinkle removers. My wrinkles are just fine where they are. Then the toilet (there must be a dozen men that use that toilet when I am not watching) was inscusting. It took me all morning but now it is done.

Then it time to get the whale done. I decided to machine quilt wavy lines. I did a few but they were crooked and I didn't like the look of them. So we remove them, no big deal, right? WRONG!! The stitch marks were still there. You know sometimes you can just run your finger nail over them and they disappear? NOPE!! They just did not want to disappear. I was sure I had ruined it. Well friends, I discovered a solution. I sprayed the 'tracks' with water and ironed them and they all came out. WOOHOO!! All is not lost. I them took a wavy stencil I have and used very little pressure with a black fons and porter pencil. I am almost done quilting. I just used a while thread but I may go back and use a dark blue along the same lines. But that's for later.

Today I have my other eye appointment. And then we will get some groceries when we are done.

Have a great day everyone.

Star lover
May 23rd, 2017, 08:27 AM
Oh so happy Monique that it all worked out on your "whale." It's things like that that can make your day! Yeah!
Not much going on here. Have a dentist appointment for cleaning....I have SUPER sensitive teeth, so it's never boring, always an experience. But they put some kinda numbing stuff on before cleaning, so all's good. I just can't....can't relax. Bad experiences as a child, that I never forget...mmm, like an elephant?
Suppose to rain until Saturday, so we'll see. They seem to be more wrong than right.
Praying for those in the U.K., following the bombing....so sad.
Hope y'all have a wonderful day and you are able to do something you love :D

Iris Girl
May 23rd, 2017, 08:48 AM
looks like sun here today at least for now. A load of laundry on the line. Anita I too have sensitive teeth ho and cold bother mine. Bad experiences when young so I do not go to the dentist unless I need something pulled. They tried to sell my single parent Mom on the fact I would need braces as I am missing a couple teeth right bottom that never came in. Of course Mom said no we can't afford that. They told her my teeth would be laying on their side before I graduated on that side.... No what I am almost 57 and those teeth on that side stand straight and perfect the hole is still there and things get stuck there but teeth are not laying on their sides.
Have a good day all.

JCY
May 23rd, 2017, 09:00 AM
It's just now daylight, but it looks like clear skies. It's 43 deg. Out pick weather day will be tomorrow, when it's supposed to be 80 deg. We had more rain yest. afternoon. Another good soaker. I haven't had to run the sprinkler system for a week. Yay--free water. (We pay by the gal.!)

I had a good sewing day yest. Finally got the baby quilt sandwiched, basted, & a sample sandwich of the same fabrics put together on which to practice. Had to remove the plate & clean & oil the Baby Lock Tiara & change the needle before I even could get started. I practiced Angela Walters' hook swirl pattern till it felt comfortable then got started FMQ on the quilt. It flowed well & I got almost half of the quilt done.

My oldest son (the one who was here May 5-8) called as he was driving home from work yest, so we had a good 45 min. to chat. All is okay with them. The gr. son who just started the new job yest. is in Houston, TX all this week for training.

I plan to do more FMQ today. No more time now. I hope everyone has a good Tuesday.

Bubby
May 23rd, 2017, 09:00 AM
Morning Everyone...It's raining here today with more forecasted for the next few days.

I feel so worn out. Christina has doctor appointments today, one regarding her shoulder blade and the other with an eye doctor. She's so sore she can barely move a muscle. She insists she will be fine and that there's no need for me to come out. As soon as she is done with all of her appointments she and Hugh are going somewhere where they can just lie on the beach without phones or people for a few days. They have been talking about Hawaii but not sure if that will be for such a short trip.

Monique, glad you were able to get the lines off of your whale quilt. Can't wait to see it.

Anita, good luck at the dentist. I need to make an appointment soon.

I have nothing on my agenda today and I hope to keep it that way.

Wishing everyone a stellar day....

Monique
May 23rd, 2017, 09:16 AM
Morning Everyone...It's raining here today with more forecasted for the next few days.

I feel so worn out. Christina has doctor appointments today, one regarding her shoulder blade and the other with an eye doctor. She's so sore she can barely move a muscle. She insists she will be fine and that there's no need for me to come out.

Monique, glad you were able to get the lines off of your whale quilt. Can't wait to see it.

Anita, good luck at the dentist. I need to make an appointment soon.

I have nothing on my agenda today and I hope I can keep it that way.

Wishing everyone a stellar day....

I say go out there if nothing else but for your peace of mind. Just my thoughts.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 23rd, 2017, 10:34 AM
Good morning! Hope you are all doing well! Barb, I sure hope and pray that your daughter recovers quickly. I'm sure you just want to be there to scoop her up in your arms to comfort her! I don't blame them for wanting a quiet get away after all of this.

I had a nice but sort of cray-cray weekend. Went to my son's house in Iowa for a couple of days. Would you believe that I drove past Hamilton and didn't stop? Still trying to recover financially from my April trip there! And I don't need a thing! But Thursday and Monday ( bookend the weekend) was spent going through old records looking for documents I had saved concerning an insurance claim that happened at my previous house 11 years ago. I was asked to be a named claimant in a class action suit concerning payments of deductibles on insurance claims. So I spent 5 hours with "my" lawyer on Thursday gathering documents, and 3 hours yesterday being deposed by the insurance company's lawyer! Imagine having to remember details from 11 years ago, legalese from an insurance policy. Plus sleepless nights in between worrying about it and remembering little tidbits as I tossed and turned! The event ( reason for the claim) happened 2 days after my husband passed away. So my focus at the time wasn't on this insurance claim. It was indeed probably the most stressful time in my life. But anyway, the lawyers were impressed that I still had these documents from so far back and that I could find them! Guess that is a testament to having a filing system for this stuff, and how much I hate shredding documents! I've got to do that some day!

I so want to get back to finishing some quilts! Need more feather practice so I have lots of " blank slates" of easy quilt tops that need quilting. Then I'll Quilt some special quilts that need some cool feathers in the negative spaces!

Hope you all have a great day!

RiverMomm
May 23rd, 2017, 12:29 PM
Then it time to get the whale done.

Hey, Monique, I'm working on my second Whale quilt. I would love to see yours. I guess you could say I'm on a Whale theme at the moment. All I have left to complete is the binding, but since I do all my binding by hand, it may be a while before it's finished.

This is before I quilted it.

Cathy F
May 23rd, 2017, 12:37 PM
Morning all,
Just arrived back home after a long get away weekend. Left Friday and a trip that takes 4 hours took 5 1/2 with traffic, accidents, and road work.
Did have a restful weekend. Sewed a binding on one of my sister's quilts for her, and got two of mine sent to a new longarmer on Sat. that my sister has tried and loves her work. She received my quilts on Monday and sent me an e-mail saying she was in receipt of them. Will be excited to see what she does with them.

Got to see my nephew (Marine) who flew home Monday night and spend a little time with him before he leaves again. Late nivht, but wouldn't have missed it for anything.
On the road at 7:15 this morning and thankfully walked in my door 4 hours later. Off to unpack and do the laundry now.

Mimi_Howard
May 23rd, 2017, 12:48 PM
Rivermomm... what a cutie pie the whale is... He just makes you smile looking at his smile! Did you freehand the design or ????

RiverMomm
May 23rd, 2017, 12:52 PM
Rivermomm... what a cutie pie the whale is... He just makes you smile looking at his smile! Did you freehand the design or ????

Free hand?? What's that?!?! LOL

No, all my "designs" are normally just images I find when I do a google search for Coloring book pages whales (or whatever I am looking for).

https://www.google.ca/search?q=coloring+book+pages+whales&rlz=1C1CHFX_enCA741CA741&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwih2q78robUAhVmwYMKHV9RAngQsAQILg&biw=2276&bih=1137&dpr=1.13#imgrc=_

The whale is on the second line. I printed it 4 up. The image enlarges and prints on 4 pages. You have to tape the pages together.

This was my first whale quilt.

LauraP
May 23rd, 2017, 01:04 PM
Bubby, I don't know where your kids live but maybe there's a hot spring not to far away where they could soak out their muscles. Provided they can get in the water. I used to live by the one in Ouray, Co and it was awesome.

Bubby
May 23rd, 2017, 01:13 PM
Bubby, I don't know where your kids live but maybe there's a hot spring not to far away where they could soak out their muscles. Provided they can get in the water. I used to live by the one in Ouray, Co and it was awesome.

They live in Newport Beach, CA not far from the ocean but they want to go somewhere secluded where people don't know them.

shirleyknot
May 23rd, 2017, 01:21 PM

Or a health club with a sauna.

Mom23
May 23rd, 2017, 06:05 PM
Jean, I have a pile of charity tops that need quilted. Let me know if you need more practice and I will happily get them to you!!

How did you drive by Hamilton and not stop? I don't think I would have the willpower to keep driving. Thankfully you saved documents from 11 years ago. I usually shred or burn mine after 7 years.

Good morning! Hope you are all doing well! Barb, I sure hope and pray that your daughter recovers quickly. I'm sure you just want to be there to scoop her up in your arms to comfort her! I don't blame them for wanting a quiet get away after all of this.

I had a nice but sort of cray-cray weekend. Went to my son's house in Iowa for a couple of days. Would you believe that I drove past Hamilton and didn't stop? Still trying to recover financially from my April trip there! And I don't need a thing! But Thursday and Monday ( bookend the weekend) was spent going through old records looking for documents I had saved concerning an insurance claim that happened at my previous house 11 years ago. I was asked to be a named claimant in a class action suit concerning payments of deductibles on insurance claims. So I spent 5 hours with "my" lawyer on Thursday gathering documents, and 3 hours yesterday being deposed by the insurance company's lawyer! Imagine having to remember details from 11 years ago, legalese from an insurance policy. Plus sleepless nights in between worrying about it and remembering little tidbits as I tossed and turned! The event ( reason for the claim) happened 2 days after my husband passed away. So my focus at the time wasn't on this insurance claim. It was indeed probably the most stressful time in my life. But anyway, the lawyers were impressed that I still had these documents from so far back and that I could find them! Guess that is a testament to having a filing system for this stuff, and how much I hate shredding documents! I've got to do that some day!

I so want to get back to finishing some quilts! Need more feather practice so I have lots of " blank slates" of easy quilt tops that need quilting. Then I'll Quilt some special quilts that need some cool feathers in the negative spaces!

Hope you all have a great day!