PDA

View Full Version : IPAD doesn't buffer during You Tube Tutorials

qtrnch
January 13th, 2012, 03:53 PM
I love Jenny's You Tube tutorials, however, when I watch them on my IPAD they play for a minute then stop buffering. . I have no problem on my laptop, so it's not my internet connection. I don't have any problem with any other You Tube videos, only the Missouri Quilt Co tutorials. Anybody else have this problem?

Loonwatcher
January 13th, 2012, 08:15 PM
I have this problem on my laptop. So i start the video then stop it while it downloads the rest. If I let it play til it catches up with the download it gets stuck - MAJOR BUMMER!

ChristineB
January 13th, 2012, 08:30 PM
I just got an iPad (for Christmas) and I found the same thing. I thought it was something with my settings ......?

Shannon
January 13th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Nope they don't work well on my iPad either :(

Lola2Ace
January 13th, 2012, 10:04 PM
I have the same problem on my iphone when I watch them on lunch at work. I was really looking forward to watching them as an escape from the day. I thought it was just a weak signal causing the problem because they work fine at home on my phone??

Lisaau
January 14th, 2012, 06:09 AM
I've got ann iPad 1 ............and I dont have any problems at all .........When I cant sleep at night l'll often watch some of jennys videos with my husband snoring beside me lying in the dark ...........

Sewbee
January 14th, 2012, 09:45 AM
I also have the original iPad and don't generally have problems streaming video through our wireless network. I have noticed though that if I do have problems it is always the high definition videos that are larger file sizes. Several of Jenny's more recent tutorials I believe were shot in higher definition than her older ones. I generally just wait for the large file size videos to download first before hitting the play button when streaming.

There is a complete solution to this problem though. If you have any type of free video downloader, you can download your favorite Youtube tutorials to your main computer, import them into your iTunes library, then sync your iPad with iTunes and transfer a copy of the videos directly to your iPad. You will then find the tutorials under the Videos button on your iPad and can play them with no slowdowns at all since they are stored on the iPad. You won't even require the home network to play them and they will be available to view anywhere.

I do this with the YouTube tutorials that I know I will be watching over and over. This will not work with any of the paid video classes like Craftsy of course but it does for the freely available Youtubes. :)

Jean Sewing Machine
January 14th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Glad to hear somebody else takes their iPad to bed with them to watch quilting videos when wakefulness takes over. I have the same problem with some of the tutorials. Guess where I am? Cozy in bed, under a nice quilt, purring furry companion by my side, looking at MSQC! Great way to spend an icy Saturday morning! Using my iPad.