PDA

View Full Version : Ella vs Cat

songbird857
May 12th, 2017, 09:12 PM
There is a cat who torments my dog. She'll sit on the fence post, sit under the truck of the neighbor that lives behind us, always on the other side of our fence... Poor Ella, I don't know if she wants to chase her or play with her (both?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtwpQ_eK4DY

Sandy Navas
May 12th, 2017, 09:38 PM
Oh, I so think they would have a great time playing together.

Hulamoon
May 12th, 2017, 10:01 PM
Cat's are brats. :lol:

Star lover
May 12th, 2017, 10:03 PM
Cat's are brats. :lol:

But dogs can rule....??? Ella sure is wagging that tail, seems happy....

Navy Wife
May 12th, 2017, 11:25 PM
My cat loves dogs. When DD comes in with hers, about once a year, Ellie is so excited. Of course DD cares for a feral colony, so The dog is used to cats. In just a few minutes they are playing and usually sleep fairly close together. Ellie also talks to all the dogs who are outside being walked by owners.

seaturtle
May 12th, 2017, 11:41 PM
I think Ella wants to play.

K. McEuen
May 13th, 2017, 01:05 AM
Oh, I just have to say that I am glad to see someone elses fence propped up with boards! When Ella was scratching at the fence the cat appeared to be smacking at her feet. I bet they would play.

TMP
May 13th, 2017, 02:36 AM
Ella is a cutie! I agree cats can be brats.

songbird857
May 13th, 2017, 08:42 AM
Oh, I just have to say that I am glad to see someone elses fence propped up with boards! When Ella was scratching at the fence the cat appeared to be smacking at her feet. I bet they would play.
Lol, Karen ;)
Technically, it's not 'our' fence (it is the neighbor's). So my hubby put the boards there to prevent it from falling over!

mischiefkat
May 13th, 2017, 09:04 AM
I think they would have a good time together playing too. Your dog is cute, Songbird what kind is she? Kathy

songbird857
May 13th, 2017, 11:22 AM
I think they would have a good time together playing too. Your dog is cute, Songbird what kind is she? Kathy
Kathy, she is a Cairn Terrier, with quite a personality ;)

redcaboose1717
May 13th, 2017, 03:18 PM
You just never know until they are with each other. I enjoy both cats and dogs, but right now in this stage of my life, cats are the preferred animal in the house. We can leave in the morning and know that Mason who is just over a year old, will be okay by himself for a few hours. He is an indoor cat only, but loves to watch the birds and other outdoor animals. I have had a cat or a dog in the house since 1981, when we purchased our first home. Prior to that, the apartments we rented didn't allow animals. My kids have always had an animal around.
My cat ( male ) Mason was rescued from a shelter. I usually get animals from shelters, and have had really good luck doing that. We only purchased one dog, a schnauzer, Heidi. My parents purchased Heidi's sister Matilda.
I would love to have another Siberian Husky, but for the most part huskies are too strong for me to handle nowadays. So, I will be content with Mason who is an awesome cat.

Midge
May 13th, 2017, 03:26 PM
Poor Ella. Your video made me laugh, but when I was playing it my Tucker got up and started to growl and look for Ella at the front window! You never know how they would do together, but I think the cat would not be stopped by that fence if she wanted to play with Ella. My neighbor's cat loves Tucker so much she goes on walks with us! And over the 6 foot fence into the backyard if we are outside there. Tucker pauses at her house and looks for her until she comes out to give kisses and rub up against him. OTOH, that same cat fights with my indoor cat through the window.

Caroline T.
May 13th, 2017, 06:35 PM
I would say Ella wants to play, but that cat, nope, he's deliberately tormenting Ella, probably use to dogs but not fond of them. Both are cute though.

mischiefkat
May 13th, 2017, 08:21 PM
Kathy, she is a Cairn Terrier, with quite a personality ;)

Ella is really cute. Looks like she has a lot of personality too. As for the cat, maybe it needs an invitation lol. Kathy

WendyI
May 15th, 2017, 01:16 PM
It looks to me like both. lol The cat wants to torment the dog and the dog wants to play. So sweet.

Heather
May 17th, 2017, 12:13 AM
Ella is a wonderful looking Cairn! But, ummm.... well, we've had 2 and I don't think she wants to play. Browser launched himself into a knothole in the fence to try and get the neighbors cat. He was completely suspended feet touching air only. My dad had to cut a board to get him free once he was loose he still took off after the cat. Cairns don't forget!

songbird857
May 17th, 2017, 09:30 AM
Ella is a wonderful looking Cairn! But, ummm.... well, we've had 2 and I don't think she wants to play. Browser launched himself into a knothole in the fence to try and get the neighbors cat. He was completely suspended feet touching air only. My dad had to cut a board to get him free once he was loose he still took off after the cat. Cairns don't forget!
You made me laugh :) Ella does not forget! If she is barking at something at night (say... the neighbor's upstairs window), the first thing she'll do in the morning is go back to the exact same spot even though there is nothing there.
Yeah... the not playing thing... LOL I was rethinking that after she successfully caught and ate a baby rabbit the day before yesterday ;)

Hulamoon
May 17th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Yeah... the not playing thing... LOL I was rethinking that after she successfully caught and ate a baby rabbit the day before yesterday ;)
That brought back a sad memory. We had a really sweet rabbit and our Jack Russell literary chased it to death. It must of died from a heart attack.:(

songbird857
May 17th, 2017, 11:41 AM
That brought back a sad memory. We had a really sweet rabbit and our Jack Russell literary chased it to death. It must of died from a heart attack.:(

Oh Lorie :(... was it a pet???

Hulamoon
May 17th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Oh Lorie :(... was it a pet???

Yes, we don't have wild rabbits here. lol It's okay it was a really long time ago.