PDA

View Full Version : Another Tuesday

Monique
May 2nd, 2017, 08:04 AM
Good morning friends. I slept most of the day yesterday. I don't know why I was so tired, must have been the weather. AND I slept all night as well. Back is still terribly sore. I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday and will ask about this poor back. No doubt I should lose some weight.

Okay so I have a supper meeting tonight for Lionettes tonight and I have errands to run in between. Other than that, I may try and get organized for my next project in the sewing room.

I think more rain is expected today. Lots of basements around are flooded. Thank goodness we don't have a basement. There is a sewage drain just up from my place and when I looked out yesterday the water was covering half the road. Out I go and get a shovel and clear away the drain of sand and debris with an umbrella in the other hand. The drain is at the bottom of a hill and water was spilling onto the lot next door.

Hopefully you are all safe from floods and tornadoes. Have a great day everyone.

Star lover
May 2nd, 2017, 08:19 AM
So happy Monique you're doing better today. About that shovel....be careful, your back is already aching.... you're such a busy lady!
Rain here too.....some sun would be nice. After a few days of cloudy, rainy weather, sun is soooo wonderful! Looking forward to it, whenever it shows up.
Some housework to do this am. Cut all the parts for my remaining blocks on a quilt, yesterday. I'll try to make a dent in sewing them today.
Hope y'all stay high and dry and have a great day!

Bubby
May 2nd, 2017, 08:23 AM
Morning Everyone...It's official, we got 11 inches of rain last weekend. Surrounding towns got more (up to 16") but believe me when I say that 11 is more than enough. We were supposed to getup to 2 inches more yesterday but it didn't happen.

I got my BLOCK magazine yesterday and I savored it with a hot cup of tea. I love several of the patterns in this issue, even if they aren't new to me. Make them again in a different colorway and you have a whole new masterpiece! I never get tired of beautiful quilts. Thanks M* for the beautiful idea book.

Monique, you crashed and renewed yourself by sleeping. Sleep is a beautiful thing.

Wishing everyone a blessed Tuesday.

Iris Girl
May 2nd, 2017, 08:24 AM
Morning all. Rainy here this morn, should clear later. The Giraffe quilt awaits washing and boxing so it and the others can get on the way to Marilyn's. Next project is to quilt this runner thats been sandwiched for a year. Then my son asked about his quilt. Well I dug the styff out and see I need some more fabric for the bear claws in it. and will need some more steam a seam stuff. Other then that not a lot happening here. Sure would love to see the sun.

CraftyBarb
May 2nd, 2017, 09:10 AM
Good morning all. I have been up since 4am. Slept on and off yesterday and could not get to sleep last night. So no doubt I will be napping later today. Rained here this am..but now the sun is out. Wish I could get myself back into the sewing mood but cannot seem to. Have not done any sewing in over a year...with money being tight I just cannot buy any more fabric right now. Hopefully things will get better later in the year and I can finally get back to what I love doing. Does not bother me much in the summer as I can find things to keep me busy outside...it's just in the winter when I am stuck in the house.

redcaboose1717
May 2nd, 2017, 10:11 AM

Hi Monique....glad to know you are okay.
A sore back can make you feel just miserable all over......hope you feel better soon ! :)

grammaterry
May 2nd, 2017, 10:39 AM
Good morning all. I have been up since 4am. Slept on and off yesterday and could not get to sleep last night. So no doubt I will be napping later today. Rained here this am..but now the sun is out. Wish I could get myself back into the sewing mood but cannot seem to. Have not done any sewing in over a year...with money being tight I just cannot buy any more fabric right now. Hopefully things will get better later in the year and I can finally get back to what I love doing. Does not bother me much in the summer as I can find things to keep me busy outside...it's just in the winter when I am stuck in the house.

I could share some fabric with you Barb. I hate not having anything to sew. Pm me and I'll try to put some together. Also try your thrift store. I find cotton linens are good and cheap

WendyI
May 2nd, 2017, 10:46 AM
Morning all. Monique, you obviously needed that sleep or you wouldn't have slept that long. I did that on Saturday last. Dating is so Stressful!! So I needed the sleep! I am actually going to take a break from it for a while. I am WAY too sensitive and do not handle rejection well.

This morning I had to go take a radioactive pill which I was not allowed to touch with my fingers. Weird. Tomorrow morning I go back, get an injection of some kind of dye and then they do a scan. It's a fascinating place, nuclear medicine.

Barb I share your pain. It seems that there are always other things I need and fabric makes it to the bottom of the list. I do have a few UFO's so I should probably just work on those.

Sending love and hugs to everyone who needs or wants them. xoxox

Carolnnc
May 2nd, 2017, 11:59 AM
Good morning to all. Rain seems to be getting us all. We had a very loud thunderstorm last night with more rain which brought the temperature down. It's cool this morning so I opened the windows and put all my little fans in. The neighbor's cat is sitting on the front porch table looking at me thru the window. I think DH sneaks and feeds her sometimes so she likes to come visit. We are both allergic to cats so we don't pet her but we do like her a lot. I've been having a lot of neck pain so I'm taking it easy today.
Monique: hope the doctor gives you some relief for your back.
Wendy: hope your test goes well

Here's to a sunny day for all!

JCY
May 2nd, 2017, 12:41 PM
Good Tuesday Morning ~

The sun is shining. Not sure for how long. Chance of showers this afternoon. The rest of the week looks promising, with maybe 80 deg. on Sat. I'll be glad for nice weather while DS is here. We may be washing windows. I have the 2nd load of laundry in. As soon as my breakfast settles (reflux--need to be upright for an hr.), I'll dig into the last min. house cleaning. Basically, I have just today & Thurs. to finish up. Tomorrow I'll be busy most of the day. I probably won't get any sewing done until next week.

mischiefkat
May 2nd, 2017, 02:50 PM
Good Afternoon all,
Had some rain overnight. DH said thunder woke him up early this am, then the downpour. More rain scheduled for later this week. We ran errands this am, and have a few more before we pick up the GS's from school.
Yesterday,we had a going away party for one of the catechism aides who is moving..... good company, conversation and food. Learned our director is going to retire next month. She has been Religious Ministries director at this parish for many many years. We are all sorry to see her go. As of yet, father has not found a replacement for her.
I've done a lot of purging in my sewing room. Got rid of a lot of quilt mags,how to do books etc. Now, just need to see how much room I made. Thinking about making a dp9 quilt, and have been looking on the net for a layout I really like. So far not much luck,all I'm seeing are quilts people have made, not how the pieces were laid out. Will have to keep looking.
Hopefully, it will stop raining were it isn't needed and the water will start receding . Hugs & prayers Kathy

cv quilter
May 2nd, 2017, 08:44 PM
Good morning all. I have been up since 4am. Slept on and off yesterday and could not get to sleep last night. So no doubt I will be napping later today. Rained here this am..but now the sun is out. Wish I could get myself back into the sewing mood but cannot seem to. Have not done any sewing in over a year...with money being tight I just cannot buy any more fabric right now. Hopefully things will get better later in the year and I can finally get back to what I love doing. Does not bother me much in the summer as I can find things to keep me busy outside...it's just in the winter when I am stuck in the house. Barb, I would be more than happy to share some of my stash (and believe me, it's way too much) with you. I hate the idea that you are not able to sew due to a shortage of fabrics. PM me and tell me where to send and I'll send you send. Sharon.