PDA

View Full Version : State of Emergency in Southwest Missouri

shermur
April 30th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Oh my goodness....the rain!

http://www.ky3.com/content/news/LIVE-REPORT-KY3-Meteorologist-Brandon-Beck-reports-from-flooded-West-Plains-420829913.html

https://weather.com/storms/severe/news/severe-weather-impacts-plains-midwest

Carlie Wolf
April 30th, 2017, 10:19 AM
That is awful. Such a wide spread area. So scary. :-(

grammaterry
April 30th, 2017, 10:45 AM
Be so careful

DeniseSm
April 30th, 2017, 10:53 AM
I share your grief. The same storm caused multiple tornadoes here in Texas. Five confirmed dead so far.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/weather/2017/04/28/tornado-canton-five-dead-dozens-injured-van-zandt

cv quilter
April 30th, 2017, 11:00 AM
So very sorry for all of you being affected by these horrible storms. I pray for the safety of all you.
We are supposed to leave on a month long trip on Tuesday with our 5th wheel. Going to TX, LA, KY, MS and MO, then through Denver on the way home. ALL of these areas being hit hard. Watching the weather channel and wondering about leaving...maybe have to put the leave date off for a couple of days.

Angelia
April 30th, 2017, 11:42 AM
Sherri--glad you are okay. I sent a PM last night to check on both you and Barb, but your mailbox was full. Flooded basement here, but otherwise okay. Be safe.

shirleyknot
April 30th, 2017, 11:49 AM
My road is a river and there's a new creek in my back yard......

Bubby
April 30th, 2017, 11:55 AM
I share your grief. The same storm caused multiple tornadoes here in Texas. Five confirmed dead so far.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/weather/2017/04/28/tornado-canton-five-dead-dozens-injured-van-zandt

We heard about the tornadoes....so sad. We are praying.

We are okay for now but if we get any more measurable rain our house will flood. We already have a lake in our front yard and a river running down our road. I believe we are cut off from Hwy 63. Our power goes off and on, so don't worry if you don't hear from me for a spell. There's still lots of lightning along with the thunder. Our phones are off right now but we have cell phones.

Alana
April 30th, 2017, 12:50 PM
This is terrible. Hope all are safe.

Cathy F
April 30th, 2017, 02:04 PM
Keeping all in the path of floods and tornado watches in my thoughts and prayers for your safety.

Iris Girl
April 30th, 2017, 02:18 PM
Please stay safe everyone.

jjkaiser
April 30th, 2017, 02:27 PM
This is so scary. Thank heavens neighbors are so wonderful about looking out for each other. The kids and pets must be a little terrified, the parents unnerved. I can't imagine, have never been through anything like this. Stay safe everyone and stay off the roads if you can.

Mom23
April 30th, 2017, 03:10 PM
Our home is safe but our cabin is a mess. We ran down this morning to check on things and ended up having to try to repair the roof during a rainstorm. Lots of trees down that need cleaned up as well. The fishing dock is completely under water. New shingles will be ordered tomorrow. Our plan is to go back next weekend for a couple work days. I'm hoping the kids come and help us out. Our cabin neighbors are elderly so we will see if they need help as well. There had to have been some pretty severe winds through the area sometime yesterday. We are thankful that's the only problem we had. Prayers for all those suffering loss in the storms and tornadoes.

auntiemern
April 30th, 2017, 06:10 PM
My heart aches, and breaks for those affected by this. We are high and dry where we are, thank God...but thought we were going to burn up the sump pump with it working overtime because of the amount of rain we had coming down. Where we are located is near Big River in Jefferson County, and the river is flooding big time. I have many friends that will be affected either by being stranded, or flooded. My sis will most assuredly get water in their cabin, and it is on 16 ft stilts, across the road from the river. They also have water up in the homes back yard. Praying it doesn't get in the basement. It was bad in Dec. of 2015, and is supposed to be a foot higher than then. Not record breaking, but really bad none the less. So sad.

redcaboose1717
April 30th, 2017, 06:44 PM
Prayers to all who are experiencing this weather....please be safe and careful during this time. 142431

Navy Wife
April 30th, 2017, 07:10 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with y'all in harm's way. We are dry and sunny right now, but the storms are expected here during the night and tomorrow. A few tornado warnings are out southwest of us. I'm not surprised since it is hot and windy. Feels like summer. Last Sunday it rained all day, moderate to heavy rain so we are finally not in the drought zone, and 4 inches above our normal rainfall. Seems it's always feast or famine these days, never near normal!

tamsterg7
May 1st, 2017, 09:42 PM
It is all across MO - even in the metro area. Our daughter can't get to her subdivision and will be here most of the week. Her house is high on a hill and safe/dry, but the flood gates are closed and lower part of Valley Park (her city) was mandatory evacuation. We live in the burbs and got the call to conserve water as the water plant that was damaged and out for 6 months in the 2015 flood is in jeporady again. My family is safe and dry but so many in the metro area are not. Heartbreaking

auntiemern
May 1st, 2017, 10:02 PM
I know how she feels. By tomorrow or later tonight, we won't even be able to get out of Jefferson County. All roads in or out will be closed because of the flooding on the Meramec. Prayers for all those people hit hard by this, just 16 months after they had gone through it in Dec, 2015. So sad.
It is all across MO - even in the metro area. Our daughter can't get to her subdivision and will be here most of the week. Her house is high on a hill and safe/dry, but the flood gates are closed and lower part of Valley Park (her city) was mandatory evacuation. We live in the burbs and got the call to conserve water as the water plant that was damaged and out for 6 months in the 2015 flood is in jeporady again. My family is safe and dry but so many in the metro area are not. Heartbreaking

EnumclawGramma
May 1st, 2017, 11:02 PM
Anyone heard from Jean since all this started?

KarenC
May 1st, 2017, 11:29 PM
Praying for all. This has to be devastating.

auntiemern
May 1st, 2017, 11:30 PM
She is in North St. Louis County and not affected by all of this water.
Anyone heard from Jean since all this started?