PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Owl - Special plans for the weekend?

Judy, USMC
April 29th, 2017, 02:02 AM
Steve has decided this will be a date weekend! We were so glad that there were no appointments scheduled next week that we were going to take a mini-getaway. All that changed after today's Cardiologist appointment. There will be a couple of more tests next week and a Dr appointment on Thursday.

So we may go to the beach for a sunny walk on the sand and a sit down/dress up dinner on Saturday. Sunday is usually NASCAR racing on TV but he's willing to forego that and let me choose what to do. Problem is there is usually nothing going on that isn't geared toward young families with children. May just opt for brunch ....

Anything special on your schedule?

Hulamoon
April 29th, 2017, 02:15 AM
I have a guy coming to pick up a pile of stuff because my daughters failed to follow through taking it somewhere. So I'm cleaning. ugg I did ask if he takes to charity because I didn't want things to just be dumped. I hate to see books thrown away. Exciting stuff. lol

stationarymom
April 29th, 2017, 02:17 AM
I'm finally up when a night owl has checked in.Judy sounds like you can have a nice time having a walk on the beach and dress up sit down dinner sounds really nice.I hope all the findings from the test are good.There's nothing happening here in my tree.Some big news in our town is that one of the locals was drafted by the nfl yesterday,I believe he will be playing for the Oakland raiders. That's about it here.

shawnan
April 29th, 2017, 03:28 AM
Tomorrow is my anniversary - well actually today since it is now after midnight. We are planning to spend the day at a UFO day at the LQS. My hubby likes to do the embroidery and I'll work on something with the little machine. They serve supper but I think we'll go to someplace nice for dinner. Since I'm still suffering the effects of a week in the hospital, it will be a nice quiet day.

Nancy

kimsophia
April 29th, 2017, 03:39 AM
Happy anniversary, Nancy... :)

I am still working on felt food. Tonight's project is watermelon slices. They are having a felt sale at Jo-Ann's so I stopped by this evening. I got some extra fine pins with a 60% off coupon. How much is the markup at Jo-Ann's do you think, since these coupons are endless? 1000%? lol

Judy, USMC
April 29th, 2017, 04:18 AM
... Since I'm still suffering the effects of a week in the hospital, ...

I know you haven't been posting for over a month - hope all is going better for you and you feel a lot better soon!
And Happy Anniversary, too.

Steve reminded me his oxygen tanks are on wheels - and that it won't roll on the sand. Hmmmm..... phoey.....

redcaboose1717
April 29th, 2017, 04:34 AM
I do plan to start a simple quilt tomorrow. I haven't quilted in MONTHS ( since I was hospitalized last late fall /summer)
I am enjoying just reading the forum and all your comments as well.
I really enjoyed the tutorial this week....I might order the items to make that baby quilt ! It's awesome. ( of course I really enjoy all the tutorials for the most part that Jenny does ! )
I finally got MSQC to get my account straightened out this past week-end....so now I can order ! Seems that I have to sign on to MSQC with CHROME now to be able to order....which is fine, I don't mind really.

Everyone have a nice week-end. I am continuing to get better myself. It's nice to feel so much better....it took me so long to start getting better, I actually began to wonder if I was ever going to be able to quilt or sew once again....so it's nice to be able to get some fabric out and "THINK" about plans for quilting ! :)
I am also going to make a couple of sets of pillowcases. I make pillowcases for friends for their B-days & Christmas etc. I have a friend who is celebrating a wedding anniversary this June, and I plan to make a set of pillowcases for her...it's her 44th anniversary.
Take care everyone, have a nice week-end.