PDA

View Full Version : Thursday hellos

Monique
April 27th, 2017, 08:06 AM
Good morning friends. Expecting high temperatures today. WOOHOO!! Open the windows and let the fresh air in.

Today is my daughter-in-law's birthday.

YES, we are expecting 25C - 77F today. That will finally get the last of snow melted for sure.

I saw on the internet some time ago that if you put a slinky on your bird feeder pole, it was supposed to keep squirrels off the poles. Well I put one on yesterday and the black birds certainly don't like it. I found they were walking up the pole and decided to give it a try. Now they are still hanging around but not so much at the feeders.

Well well well, I was asked to work today and tomorrow, 8 hours each day, agreed to it, then got called that they had to find someone within the 50km range. Where I am attached to is more than the 50km. Oh well, I have other things to do so it really wasn't a big deal after all.

Today I NEED to make something to take to the bake sale tomorrow. I was thinking I would make buns, or a couple of loaves, then thought maybe cookies. I think I will make peanut butter cookies, sounds easy enough.

All the quilting is done on the lap quilt for the Relay for Life auction sale. All I need to do today is add the binding, sew it on and DONE!!

Saturday there is a quilt show near and I am taking Bonnie for her birthday. And then we are attending a baby shower in the afternoon. A fun filled day to be had. And on Sunday I am having a sew day at Lynda's house.

Have a great Thursday friends.

Cathy F
April 27th, 2017, 08:26 AM
Morning all,
Up early and waiting to see if we will be graced with the sun today. Had plenty of rain for the garden the past two days. Grass is greening up and flowers are poking their heads out of the soil.
Worked in the sewing room a bit yesterday putting things away but still needs a lot more time in there doing that. If only I would put the fabric back where it belongs when done with it!
Haven't had too much time to play on the new machine but what I've done has been fun. Loving some of the stitches and features I didn't have on my other machine.
Monique, glad to hear your getting some warmer weather hope it continues.
Well the cats are waiting impatiently for their breakfast and I need to get the Keurig fired up for my coffee. Wishing everyone a good day and hugs to all who are in need of a few extra today.

Ginny B
April 27th, 2017, 08:28 AM
Good morning and Happy Thursday. I had a real nice day yesterday at both work and home. We had our Admin. Asst. breakfast and it was nice to see and talk to some of our fellow Admins. that we don't get to see much since we are in three different buildings. Then we had a nice small luncheon later on with the Admin. staff in our own building. Last night hubby and I really enjoyed our Anniversary dinner out. We tried a new Italian restaurant near us and were very happy with it. We will be returning.

It seems a lot warmer outside today and it looks like we are headed for a nice weekend. We are going to get the rest of the forsythia and azaleas planted and get the veggie beds ready. Monique, sounds like you've got a great weekend planned.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Iris Girl
April 27th, 2017, 08:36 AM
Morning all. Grey day here to start, hoping to see some sun. We sure could use a few days in a row with sun, seems lately we get one then several rainy or cloudy grey days. Stripe fabric for the giraffe quilt came yesterday a day early YAY! In the wash it went so it will be ready when I arrive home. J's has a 60% coupon and I need to replenish my batting so will getting some of that. Not much else going on. Have a great day all.

Cathy F
April 27th, 2017, 09:00 AM
Good morning and Happy Thursday. I had a real nice day yesterday at both work and home. We had our Admin. Asst. breakfast and it was nice to see and talk to some of our fellow Admins. that we don't get to see much since we are in three different buildings. Then we had a nice small luncheon later on with the Admin. staff in our own building. Last night hubby and I really enjoyed our Anniversary dinner out. We tried a new Italian restaurant near us and were very happy with it. We will be returning.

It seems a lot warmer outside today and it looks like we are headed for a nice weekend. We are going to get the rest of the forsythia and azaleas planted and get the veggie beds ready. Monique, sounds like you've got a great weekend planned.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Happy Belated Anniversary Ginny!

Star lover
April 27th, 2017, 09:09 AM
Congratulations Monique on finishing your quilt....it's a great feeling just to have the binding left to do. Sounds like a fun filled couple days for you.
Cathy, sure hope you get some time in on your new machine. I saw pics of it and it looks wonderful.
Ginny a new restaurant is always good and one that you like even better. Happy belated anniversary! Sounds like y'all had a good time.
Iris - I can't wait to see what you come up with....whatever - it's gonna be great!

We had the most beautiful day yesterday. Sun and high 70' - perfect! Made homemade pizza, which my DH loves and we haven't had in almost 2 years. Kinda of a Pizza Hut style crust, only not as thick. Delicious!! My DH was diagnosed with diabetics a couple years ago. We decided not to go with meds but change our lifestyle. It's worked! He is not diabetics any longer! Yeah! So we thought maybe once in a while we can have his favorite - the pizza. Well it's one of his favs. It sure was good after all this time. And we have leftovers! It heats up great. I think the secret to the whole thing is the sauce - yum.
Just cut some fabric yesterday, hoping I can sew today. Think I caught my dh cold, so I'm dragging.
Hope y'all have a great day, wherever your at. Enjoy the day as much as you can!

Georgie Girl
April 27th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Hi everyone. I'm new to the form and I spend time plunking around the site when I can't sleep. I came across a group that does a Secret Santa swap. I read the rules, etc. Where do I go to see the past years swap gifts? And if I decide to join how?

Jean Sewing Machine
April 27th, 2017, 10:30 AM
Good morning! It's been grey and rainy here after a couple of glorious spring days. Rained all day yesterday, it sure took away my desire to do any work! And I do have things that need to get done for my play!

Cathy, I can hardly wait to hear how your machine is working for you! My biggest problem with my Janome 15000 is the protocol for putting designs on the queue to stitch out. I took my lessons in June, then didn't really get to do much until August! I had to start over with thee learning curve. Then, since I had not used an updated computer driven embroidery machine before, I had to learn how to download from the internet and transfer to the machine. That was so much more simple than I thought it would be! Maybe even too simple as I've bought a lot of designs! So I know you will have fun learning, and will produce beautiful things!

Flash flood watch here, hopefully we'all keep our heads above water! Have a great day!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 27th, 2017, 10:32 AM
Hi everyone. I'm new to the form and I spend time plunking around the site when I can't sleep. I came across a group that does a Secret Santa swap. I read the rules, etc. Where do I go to see the past years swap gifts? And if I decide to join how?

Georgie Girl, send a Private Message to Carlie Wolf who is in charge of that swap to get your questions answered. You do that through your profile, click on your name to access private messages. Or there is a place at the top of this page to start a private message. And welcome to the forum!

grammaterry
April 27th, 2017, 10:42 AM
Must be raining every where. Suppose to start here shortly. Messes with my balance.
Monique, you must be Canada's best volunteer. Relay for Life, baking cookies, working part time, which seems often...Oh my! You sound like a happy fulfilled woman.

I'm amazed how many forum members are moving. I can't imagine the work and stress involved. New adventures!
Spring is so beautiful here. We have wild dwarf iris here in the woods. Do they grow where you are?

Hulamoon
April 27th, 2017, 10:58 AM
Monique these are really fast and easy.

http://www.bakeorbreak.com/2012/12/cornmeal-cookies/

Anitamae56
April 27th, 2017, 11:29 AM

I use to make them and had the recipe for them, they were delicious! Thanks I know my grown kids would love them again. Hopefully make this weekend.
Thanks for recipe and reminder!

Georgie Girl
April 27th, 2017, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the advise. Always learning from you experience posters.

shirleyknot
April 27th, 2017, 12:05 PM

My grandmother made these when I was a kid I never got the recipe before she died. So very big thanks!

Hulamoon
April 27th, 2017, 12:50 PM
I use to make them and had the recipe for them, they were delicious! Thanks I know my grown kids would love them again. Hopefully make this weekend.
Thanks for recipe and reminder!

My grandmother made these when I was a kid I never got the recipe before she died. So very big thanks!

I'm happy you found a lost recipe! Simple is best sometimes too. One comment was adding fresh rosemary. I'm going to try that next.

Monique
April 27th, 2017, 03:00 PM

Thank Lorie.

JCY
April 27th, 2017, 03:24 PM
I'm just now getting here. I was busy most of the a.m. mixing up my turkey patties. I make a large batch of ~20 (3 lb. meat) at a time & freeze them. DH had a lab draw this a.m. We'll find out soon how his sodium level is doing since he's been on these salt tablets for 3 wks.

I have done no sewing for a few days. Busy with housecleaning, getting ready for DS's visit next week. It's all stuff that needs to be done, but I tend to put it off when it's just the 2 of us here. I still need to do more dusting, mop the kitchen floor, & do last min. vacuuming & cleaning of bathrooms. I got most of the LR dusted yest. eve. when I had bright sunlight shining in the windows.

Today the weather is unsettled. Had some sprinkles, but now the sun popped out. More rain is in the forecast. It's only in the 50's so far today.

I'm really enjoying watching Tracy's FMQ tutorial patterns on whirlsnswirlsquilting on YT -- APQS Ontario. I may use one of those for the border on my latest quilt. I just need to do some "doodling" (practice on my white board) & figure out which one I like the best.

I hope everyone has a good Thursday. I always look forward to Fridays & Jenny's new tutorials.

Alana
April 27th, 2017, 04:35 PM
It's been a while since I have been here....way too long, but I have checked in to see how all are doing. The weather here is amazing today and it sure is about time. It is starting to cloud over however, will have to check the weather to see what's coming up.
I have finally retired in February and I think I'm busier now than when I was working!!! I have three bed quilts on the go and two of the tops are almost done while the other is a work in progress. But with weather like this it is just too nice to stay indoors and I have to get out and walk around to see the summer begin.
I'll likely finish up the two tops tonight after dinner. Just have to sew on borders. Hopefully tomorrow will bring more nice weather and I can walk over to the woods and see what is happening with the wildlife there.
Hope all are well and having a great day too.