PDA

View Full Version : It looks like a wet Wednesday

Monique
April 26th, 2017, 07:35 AM
Good morning friends.

I had a busy day yesterday. I helped at the second hand at the church in the morning. I came home with 4 shirts and a set of pj's. Then we went out for lunch at a local place, Cafe 349. She serves the best foods. I had the apple and sweet potatoe soup with a half sandwich, delicious. We had about a 1/2 hour to kill so popped into V & S dept. store and bought two decorative flags and two rods that attach to a window. It is to be a Christmas gift. Then it was off to guild. I was welcomed to the club and I do know several people there as well. Our very own Denis (remember him) is also a member there. They were having a trunk show, and there were beautiful quilts to show and tell. A small snack was also served. I am allowed to return twice more as a guest and I have not decided if I want to join yet. It does seem like a nice group. Oh and they were also having a book sale and I bought 15 magazines for $3. I really needed more magazines.

I also quilted in the evening and will finish that up today, I hope. I really want it to be done, NOW!! I expect to STAY home today for a change, :icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo:

Have a great day friends.

Star lover
April 26th, 2017, 07:45 AM
My Monique you are one busy gal; don't know how you keep going.....happy you get to have a day all to yourself!
I did tons of yard work yesterday and my knees are yelling at me. Had to take some aspirins just to sleep last night, but much better this am. Never saw the sewing room at all yesterday. Hoping it'll be different today. Progress on the dreaded quilt. Close enough to finishing that I picked out the binding fabric....which can't be soon enough!
Suppose to be beautiful today....did the yard work yesterday cause they were saying rain for the next 4 days....wrong again! But I'll take sunny and almost 80 any day!
Hope y'all are able to do something you love today. Hug those you love around you....ya never know! Enjoy today while it's....today!

Ginny B
April 26th, 2017, 08:07 AM
Good morning all. Monique, sounds like you had a great day yesterday! It's a rainy morning again here today. We had quite a bit of rain yesterday too.

Today is a day I don't need to get myself any meals. It's Administrative Professionals Day so we will be having a breakfast at work this morning (although, truth be told, I have had a bit of cereal and of course, my cup of tea this morning), then this afternoon, pizza luncheon and, since it is our 14th Anniversary today, DH and I will be going out to dinner. WooHoo! A triple play. :)

Have a great day everyone.

KPH
April 26th, 2017, 08:24 AM
Pretty calm day yesterday. The rain finally stopped and we saw the sun. Got my allergy shot, went to the moving company and picked up lots of free boxes. The appraiser came and his report won't come back until after due diligence is over. The contractor that the folks realtor hired, came and said the roof was not sagging, the fire place works just needs dusting and cleaning out the orifice (which there's no point in doing until fall), and there was no evidence of a leak in the crawl space after 3 days of nonstop rain. He also thinks the inspector was NUTS!

That made me feel better. I knew the other guy was lying in my heart the inspector they hired was on a mission to find something wrong. Now I know it! The contractor said flat out he was on a CYA inspection because of recent law suits.

Today, we pick up a huge trailer to take to FL to lessen the moving load. Our oldest son and his wife have the closing for their first house today! We'll unload out trailer and then have it to help him move more of their stuff over to their new place.

Friday, we'll get to go see in person, the house he picked out for us. It is smaller than the house we're in, so I know we have some more purging to do. We'll just see what we have to get rid of once we're in it.

lots2do
April 26th, 2017, 08:42 AM
Looks like it'll be a beautiful day here. We are expecting extremely hot temperatures this weekend.. in the nineties. Let hubby know that I'd be holed up in my sewing room.
Katerina, where are you moving to in Florida? We are on the Gulf Coast.

Bubby
April 26th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Good Morning... Happy Anniversary, Ginny! Make it a great one....

It rained all night and it's supposed to rain through the weekend with about 5 inches of rain. My bug man was going to come today but he will have to reschedule again. I love rainy days but it makes things a little difficult for the Girls. I think Jeff will have to cancel his hunting plans again this weekend. That just leaves next weekend and then season closes.

I've been baking zucchini bread and we have 8 loaves in the freezer. We really love it and it's just as good after it's frozen as when it's fresh. I sure do make a mega mess when I bake.

I would like to do some sewing today but that depends on the storm. When the lightning cracks and the thunder rolls I unplug.

Monique, I would say you had a wonderful day yesterday...lucky girl.

Kat, good luck with your move. Moving is one of the things I dislike most but I love the freshness and organization of a new move.

Nice talking to you yesterday Pam, sorry we had such a poor connection.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

JCY
April 26th, 2017, 09:01 AM
Good Wednesday Morning ~

It's clear here this a.m. & a brisk 34 deg. We had listened to the forecast, so yest. DH mustered up enough energy to go out & cover up the anti-siphon valve of the sprinkler system with a rug to protect it. It could drop into the 20's Sat. a.m. It's snowing in the mts. Chains are required. Parts of I-70 are closed. Vail Pass & areas E. & W. of the Eisenhower Tunnel often get clogged with crashes in the bad weather. More rain is predicted here throughout the rest of the week.

Yest. a.m. I did vacuuming & dusting till I ran out of steam. I did some deeper cleaning by moving a couple of the L.R. chairs. I had to quit & rest the remainder of the day. I chilled out in the recliner & finished my book. Our lawn service came to mow the lawn. Fortunately, it was between showers, so it was dry enough for them to do it. The lawn is starting to green up. I spread fertilizer a week ago.

Today is Bible study, followed by an appreciation lunch for those of us who are volunteers. Two other ladies and I play the piano for the prelude & the hymns. Ladies who are greeters at the door & volunteer in other ways are recognized.

Well, time to fix DH's breakfast.

Iris Girl
April 26th, 2017, 09:12 AM
Morning all. Rained all day yesterday and all night. still spritzing this morning. I got the fabric for the giraffe quilt backing in the mail yesterday. The stripe I need to continue will come tomorrow. So today I am working on a new purse for me. Did all my cutting last night so I could sit and sew this morning after hubby left. It will be Iris fabric with purple pleather trim. Found some purple thread in my stash wound and bobbin and was off.....so I thought. Thread kept breaking and it sounded horrible. Thought what the heck machine worked great last I used it. Found another purple thread and started again...Nope same thing again. Changed my needle and still horrible. Thought maybe its the pleather. Tried on reg fabric still bad. Found a 3rd purple thread (good thing fave color is purple and I have multiples. This time it is a charm quiet and sewing as it should with no broken thread. I tossed the almost empty bad spool in the garbage will save the other for bobbin on this project then it too will get tossed.
Monique you are one busy lady, glad your having fun.

shermur
April 26th, 2017, 10:11 AM
It is a wet morning here, too! It must have stormed pretty good last night and yet, I missed all the chaos! It is still thundering this morning and sweet Dottie is scared!

Guild meeting last night was great. I got to meet a couple of the Modern Group members and we were talking about my intro into the group. I also volunteered to head up the night guild meeting Baby Quilt Group. I don't know how much help I will be, but I will try and it will also help to get to know the members better.

The new job is exasperating; it takes every ebb of my being to get ready for work each day. The more I learn about the pool and spa business? The more I conclude that 50% of pool owners should not own one. And the facility itself is very disorganized and chaotic. Massive angst to my sanity!

KarenC
April 26th, 2017, 10:28 AM
Good morning everyone. Sounds like you have all been busy.
Shermur, good luck with the job. I would be totally clueless in the pool business, but I'm sure by summertime you will be an expert. Sounds like you're doing a great job of meeting other quilters too.

Katrina, good luck with the appraisal and the move. Mine came in 9k under the offer price. Luckily the buyer really wanted the house, and his parents were helping him buy it. They met half way between the 2. I then countered for a bit more and they accepted. That was a stressful day, but closing is now set for tomorrow morning.

I have been in NM visiting a friend and having the best time. Today, I head home, so need to make the most of our remaining time. Hope everyone has a great day.

grammaterry
April 26th, 2017, 10:40 AM
The rain stopped finally and the grass is as high as an elephants eye, remember that little ditty? DH will mow this afternoon! Yesterday I did errands in town. Stopped at Goodwill and found 8 white cotton bistro approns brand new for $1 each and two big flat cotton sheets brand new for a total of $10! One sheet is red white and blue stripes (bold) at 75x103 the other is black d white Paisley at 75x76. The aprons each have a usable yd of heavy weight white cotton! What a find.
I finished up a quilt last night and am still working on that 16 patches goodnight irene. Thought I'd work on it again this afternoon after yard work!
DD has the quilt sale bug after her success on that beautiful embroidered quilt she made. Funny how even when you don't get to keep the money, the validation is reward enough. She is making me a couple of Harley Davidson quilts. The ticket sales aren't doing that well on the one I made, but it's bee raining and we haven't seen any bikers all week! Maybe this weekend it will pick up. We are over $2000 right now, so I'm pretty happy. Still lots of days to go.
Have a blessed day. Joy, stay warm

shermur
April 26th, 2017, 10:49 AM
Shermur, good luck with the job. I would be totally clueless in the pool business, but I'm sure by summertime you will be an expert. Sounds like you're doing a great job of meeting other quilters too.

Karen, I do not want to be an expert in the pool business! I would like adequate training to do the bookkeeping position I was hired to do. There is a reason why I have not done retail since 1989!:lol:!!!!!!!!

Alana
April 26th, 2017, 12:39 PM
Sounds like you have been very busy!! Save me some of that zucchini bread!!!!

Alana
April 26th, 2017, 12:41 PM
It's been a rainy day here too and yesterday but at least it's getting rid of all the dusty sand on the sidewalks and road. It sure doesn't help my migraine though. The weather is supposed to finally start to warm up here.....ahh at last!
With all this wet and damp weather it has made it good for quilting and that is what I sure have been doing.

KPH
April 26th, 2017, 12:57 PM
Looks like it'll be a beautiful day here. We are expecting extremely hot temperatures this weekend.. in the nineties. Let hubby know that I'd be holed up in my sewing room.
Katerina, where are you moving to in Florida? We are on the Gulf Coast.

Jacksonville, FL... east coast