PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday night owl - Gonna build a boat!

Judy, USMC
April 26th, 2017, 02:58 AM
Dreary day ... More rain off and on until about 3pm. Now that the ground is saturated the run off is filling up the rivers and we have a flood watch in effect! So happy my house is pretty par away from any rivers or streams .. and I'm at the top of a hill too. No doctor appointments until Steve's cardiologist on Friday. Hope that's when we get the word if they can repair his mitral valve (again.)

Any other owls up h@@ting tonight?

kimsophia
April 26th, 2017, 05:15 AM
I'm up! I wish we were getting some of your rain here. I was out moving around plants and digging weeds. When I transplanted something I dumped a couple of buckets of water on it in its new location and it sure soaked in fast. Now I have my wrist splint back on and am being a good girl :)

toggpine
April 27th, 2017, 04:11 AM
Wednesday night and too tired to think of a new title for a new thread, so I'll just post here.

Two more new babies arrived. We are up to 14 now. That is taking up a lot of time too. The milkers seem to be doing well with production this year too. Yea! No milk replacer has been purchased yet this year even with a few first time mommas.

I'm off for some shut eye, as the alarm goes off at 5:30 these days!

kimsophia
April 27th, 2017, 04:35 AM
I'm enjoying hearing the rain here. I know a lot of people are getting too much but we have been dry. I got another couple of hostas transplanted this afternoon before it got here so the plants should be less stressed settling in as it will be chilly and cloudy for days.

We are getting a little construction done on the house. So far they've removed half of the back deck and installed up-to-code deck supports, so I can see my garden now from the second floor windows and the deck is safer. I imagine the construction will stop now with the rain (not that they showed up on the dry days either).

I think I need some more ibuprofin as those digging afternoons have made me creaky. It was fun, though! :D

Carol336
April 27th, 2017, 05:41 AM
I'm awake!!! Actually been awake for an hour, did some puttering around, made some joe, and just got here. I fell asleep around 9, but was up 5 times to visit the little girls room.....finally decided to just get up. I had some ice tea before bed, decaf of course, but man did it go through quickly - LOL.

Rained hard all day here on Tuesday, but yesterday was pretty nice. It's supposed to be a really warm and nice weekend.

Getting ready for a community flea market/craft show this saturday. I have made a bunch of stuff to just kind of test the waters on what will and what won't sell. Got some great pointers from Marilyn and several others - all saying anything team related will fly off the shelf....so I have some Oriole and Ravens totes, tissue covers, eyeglass cases - hope they do well.

Judy, USMC
April 27th, 2017, 05:48 AM
The stormwater here is definitely reaching the rivers. Some of them will stay above flood stage until next week. Hwy 264 leads into a major town here in eastern Carolina and is closed due to flooding. One person has died when he got swept away in his car.

Several cities are really sweating the water - hoping it will not rise any further and get into their downtown areas/shops. Farm fields are flooded as are some school parking lots and athletic fields. Some of those schools delayed or closed as it's too dangerous for the busses to travel on water covered roads. Most of the flooding is around the I-95 corridor but no reports of the interstate closing yet. And all of this while the state is still trying to recover from last fall's Hurricane Mathew....

If it's true that April showers bring May flowers we should have a bountiful crop.