PDA

View Full Version : Carpal Tunnel Night Owl

kimsophia
April 25th, 2017, 02:11 AM
Hoot hoot! I'm getting good practice at typing with a wrist brace on all day...I aggravated my carpal tunnel out digging in the garden for two days. I loved doing it but now I'm paying for it.

So, no sewing going on here! The Warriors just shot a great game against the Trailblazers, so that was fun to see.

How are all the other owls doing?

LauraP
April 25th, 2017, 02:57 AM
I'm not a regular night owl but since I'm up.....Yesterday we went to my sisters house in Arkansas for a birthday party. It was a great time seeing everyone. Then last night my sister and her husband and my husband and I sat up and discussed finances. Since we are going travelling more starting in June we have been trying to figure out how to get the bills paid if we are on the road and not getting mail. My sis and bil have travelled for years so they were a big help.
We came home this morning and I worked on getting some sewing ready to go travelling with me to Missouri this next weekend. I don't want to take my sewing machine so I will be doing some hand applique.

Judy, USMC
April 25th, 2017, 03:08 AM
Not much going on here ... it has rained for the last 24 hours and we have a flood watch in effect until 8am.

We do a lot of flower planting in pots and had to pull a dozen of them onto the covered porch because the rain was so intense they were getting flooded. We must have been a sorry sight ... 2 grey-headed people, soaking wet. wrestling with pots full of wet dirt. Luckily our house is on a slab so there's only 2 inches from the sidewalk to the porch floor. We got smart after trying to carry the first one ... and decided that rolling on the bottom rim was much easier.

Hoping it will dry out tomorrow so we can put them back out. Anyone else hooting tonight?

toggpine
April 25th, 2017, 03:55 AM
I'm checking in between night milking and bed time. I'm not what happened to spring break, but it sure went by fast. Back to work today and all of the kids were squirrelly.
My arthritis in my hands has really flared up in the last couple weeks. Thank the Sweet Baby Jesus for the milking machine, or I'd have had to sell the whole barn full of milkers. I completely understand your pain Kim!
My new job is pretty "interesting". My mornings are spent with my Kindergarten kiddo who has some serious social skills issues and my afternoons are in the resource room helping K-2 with their reading and math skills. If I had my choice, I'd rather be in the resource room full time as it is less drama, but that kiddo is a lot of work. Half of a day each, at least keeps us from loosing our patience with him. At 5 years old and in several foster homes already is kind of sad. He is ornery and the gal he is with now is a miracle worker with the more difficult kiddos. I think she has 4 right now. God bless her, and others who are good foster parents.

I had better get some sleep, or he will get the grumpy Mrs. R, and that would be a bad way to start the day for everyone.
Have a good one!
Hugs, Cathy

TMP
April 25th, 2017, 04:42 AM
I am up because of my shoulder and time for pain medicine. My appointment with the orthopedic doctor is not until May 2nd. I called yesterday to tell them I will take any cancellation anytime if they can see me before then. All I want to do is sleep when I take this med. I don't think I could ever be a drug addicted because I just hate this feeling of not being in control of myself. I can sit at the machine and sew some but I can't seem to concentrate.

kimsophia
April 25th, 2017, 05:13 AM
When I had my hysterectomy I was given oxycodone, I think it was called...anyway, that stuff was amazing. It was way too strong so my husband had to cut the pills in quarters and we hoarded that supply of "Golden Glow", as we called it...lol You may well ask what my husband was doing taking my oxycodone. No he should not have been doing that, but he got a painful injury himself and he couldn't sleep so I shared. I did some crazy stuff on that drug. Somehow I got the idea that it was easier to pee in the kitchen sink than navigate the stairs to the bathroom. But I had to get up on a chair to climb up to the sink! ROFL But I remember feeling quite clever about it....really inspired! My DH didn't know about it until years later. He said he was sure glad we have a dishwasher...lolol

Star lover
April 25th, 2017, 07:25 AM
When I had my hysterectomy I was given oxycodone, I think it was called...anyway, that stuff was amazing. It was way too strong so my husband had to cut the pills in quarters and we hoarded that supply of "Golden Glow", as we called it...lol You may well ask what my husband was doing taking my oxycodone. No he should not have been doing that, but he got a painful injury himself and he couldn't sleep so I shared. I did some crazy stuff on that drug. Somehow I got the idea that it was easier to pee in the kitchen sink than navigate the stairs to the bathroom. But I had to get up on a chair to climb up to the sink! ROFL But I remember feeling quite clever about it....really inspired! My DH didn't know about it until years later. He said he was sure glad we have a dishwasher...lolol

If I laughed any harder I'd be in the kitchen sink! Soooo funny. I've been on many pain drugs but don't ever remember doing anything on them. Ya made my day!

kimsophia
April 25th, 2017, 07:36 AM
If I laughed any harder I'd be in the kitchen sink! Soooo funny. I've been on many pain drugs but don't ever remember doing anything on them. Ya made my day!

Well making you laugh makes MY day! :D We aim to please!!!

Carol336
April 25th, 2017, 07:52 AM

OMG - I am laughing so hard at this - thanks Kim....you made my day too!!!!