PDA

View Full Version : after surgery checkup!

bubba
April 24th, 2017, 10:46 PM
Saw the surgeon this afternoon. He is quite pleased with the progress MM is making. Can you believe today is six weeks since the first surgery??

Anyway, the doctor removed the drain tube. I was smart and left the room. MM said this one was not bad at all as the tube was small, like aquarium tubing....nothing like that last one! The open incision is still oozing in one spot, but the doctor said that was fine as it's just clear, not pus like I thought it was. The staples remained in and we go back Friday to have the wound checked again. I asked when they would be coming out and it won't be tell the incision is completely closed, which could be a few weeks yet. As long as I don't have to look at it, all is good!

His appetite is much better this time around too, which makes me happy. He has lost about 30 pounds in the past six weeks. He says he wants to lose 20 more, but that won't be happening! Is it wrong that I made a lemon meringue pie from scratch yesterday??

auntiemern
April 24th, 2017, 10:58 PM
Glad to hear he is doing well. How can you take care of his wound, if you can't look at it? Keep up with the pie making, as long as it is something he likes.

bubba
April 24th, 2017, 11:11 PM
Glad to hear he is doing well. How can you take care of his wound, if you can't look at it? Keep up with the pie making, as long as it is something he likes.

He tends to it after the shower. We go to our daughters daily so he can shower (we have only a tub) and when he gets out, he has to pat it dry, then let it air dry and a loose bandage goes over the top of it. I can look at it but I don't like to.

jjkaiser
April 24th, 2017, 11:13 PM
This too shall pass. We all have our "ick threshold" and I think you found yours!

Kgrammiecaz
April 24th, 2017, 11:24 PM
Woohoo. A better road this trip.

SallyO'Sews
April 24th, 2017, 11:25 PM
Glad to hear good news! Continuing to pray for both of you.

Caroline T.
April 24th, 2017, 11:50 PM
Finally some good news from the doctor. So happy MM is feeling better, and his appetite has improved. If the lemon meringue doesn't tempt him, I have a killer peanut butter pie recipe.

stationarymom
April 25th, 2017, 01:07 AM
So happy to hear that things are going well this time around. You're going to have a new man by the time all of this is done.You are still in my prayers.

JaniceR
April 25th, 2017, 01:28 AM
So glad to hear the news is so good! Finally on the right road!! Will continue to keep you both in my prayers.

Judy, USMC
April 25th, 2017, 01:46 AM
Too many speed bumps on his road to recovery! Hope it's smooth from here on out.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 25th, 2017, 03:27 AM
Thanks for the update. Sounds like things are on the right track finally! Hope things go smoothly from now on!

Bouse
April 25th, 2017, 05:07 AM
Sounds like much better progress this time around.

Iris Girl
April 25th, 2017, 05:26 AM
So happy to hear good news. Soon it will be all behind you.

Monique
April 25th, 2017, 07:23 AM
It's about time things started to go on the upswing. Glad he is doing better which means you are better as well, doesn't it? And pie, of course you should make it.

Star lover
April 25th, 2017, 07:40 AM
Always pie - it's a good thing. So happy and thankful that everything is going in the right direction. Such great news!

Ginny B
April 25th, 2017, 08:05 AM
So happy to hear MM is having a better recovery this time. Prayers for continued positive progress.

JCY
April 25th, 2017, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the progress report. Hang in there. Eventually the wound will close & be healed.

Lori63
April 25th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Glad to hear things are going well! Lemon meringue sounds yummy!

asta
April 25th, 2017, 09:12 AM
So glad to hear that MM is on the mend.

Save a slice of lemon meringue pie for me-always has been my favorite.

Cathy F
April 25th, 2017, 09:34 AM
Glad to hear the recovery is now on a smoother road for both of you!

sew-what2015
April 25th, 2017, 09:54 AM
Great news!!

WendyI
April 25th, 2017, 12:03 PM
Awesome to see such a positive update!! I hope you are now getting some rest! xox

bubba
April 25th, 2017, 03:53 PM
Awesome to see such a positive update!! I hope you are now getting some rest! xox

Let's just say, last night was the first I have taken something to sleep and it was only half a pill!

KPH
April 25th, 2017, 05:14 PM
That's wonderful news!

LauraP
April 25th, 2017, 09:01 PM
Before long he will be like me and get the last of his stitches out. What a happy day today was!