PDA

View Full Version : Norovirus

Carolnnc
April 24th, 2017, 03:51 PM
I'm sure I've heard of this virus but didn't really know anything about it and I hope I NEVER get this again!!!!
Some friends from Florida were heading to DC and stopped in for a few days. They called the day after they left and said they all came down with the Norovirus Hubby and I both got sick and it was the sickest I've been since I had food poisoning years ago. The doctor said it would last about three days but I was no good for over a week. I kept thinking about my childhood: six kids and a outhouse:) My mom probably would have lost her mind!

Monique
April 24th, 2017, 06:26 PM
I hope you are now all on the mend.

Bubby
April 24th, 2017, 08:53 PM
I've always heard it's a rough virus. So glad you are on the upside of it.

auntiemern
April 24th, 2017, 09:42 PM
Glad you survived it. Hope and pray I never get it.

SallyO'Sews
April 24th, 2017, 09:57 PM
Oh, no! Hope you and your DH are feeling better now!

Star lover
April 25th, 2017, 07:00 AM
Thank the Lord that your friends let you know asap. I've heard of many who get sick, think it's the flue until to late; then it takes awhile for the docs to diagnose and they are hospitalized and even worse. Hope you're much improved and I'm thinkin NO ONE would ever want it! Scary....

Carolnnc
April 25th, 2017, 11:30 PM
Thanks Monique, Barb, Marilyn, Sally and Anita. We both ended up going back to bed yesterday about 4pm but finally feel 100% today. I just hated going for days without being able to log on to the forum to see what everyone was doing!

GuitarGramma
April 26th, 2017, 02:52 AM
My heart goes out to you. Norovirus hit me last year, so I know what you went through.

I found a site that helped me buy the right cleaning products: StopTheStomachFlu.com. When my daughter's family caught it recently, I had some shipped to her ASAP. These products work quite well.

May you never again encounter such a nasty bug!