PDA

View Full Version : It's Monday hellos

Monique
April 24th, 2017, 06:58 AM
Good morning friends. Well another weekend just flew by. We attended an auction sale on Saturday. The day was a little chilly and the sun tried to make an appearance.

My friend Lynda has a serious problem, she bought another vintage sewing machine and this one she got for $10. She bought quite a few things. I bid on a sewing machine myself and gave up at $45. I was more interested in the extension table that came with it. It was a Kenmore machine, very much identical to the two I already own. Alas, it wasn't meant to be. Les bought a set of canoe paddles. My brother also purchased a few items. The place where the auction was held had a beautiful out building where the gentleman did his wood working. It seemed to have a 'store' front and a big shop in back. I told my brother he needed to buy this house, I could use the front part for sewing and he could use the back for wood working. We all ended up having supper together at the end of the day.

Yesterday I was at a Lionette Rally. A good meal was had by all.

Today I have a funeral to attend so I will drive Les in to work this morning so I can have the van. Lynda and I are having a sewing day next Sunday. We are going to make the bag that she gave me the pattern for on my birthday. AND I will try and get the lap quilt done this week, the auction ends at the end of the week.

Have a great day everyone.

Bubby
April 24th, 2017, 07:15 AM
Good Morning....Monique, you are up bright and early today. I love going to auctions if the weather is good but I sure don't need to drag anything else home.

Dottie woke us up before 4 am needing to go outside. Coffee is made and all I have to do is put a lunch together for Jeff.

I felt wiped out all weekend and didn't do much of anything other than laundry and some skimpy meals. Olive did not have a good weekend. I'm heading to the kitchen for some tea.

Have a blessed day friends.

O

Star lover
April 24th, 2017, 08:00 AM
Monique, sounds like a busy but fun weekend. We all tend to bring too much home that should have been left behind. So maybe it was good that you weren't able to get it.
Bubby, hope Olive has a better week and your tea helps you start the day with a shot of energy.
My weekend was OK. Went to a small local Quilt Show. Not much there, but ..... I won a door prize. and I NEVER win anything! Wasn't much, but I won! It was a small manicure kit. I was thinking it would be something relating to sewing, but no. And I won! Still surprises me.... actually sewed 2 blocks together Sunday. Weather was perfect to get out and enjoy. Couple more days of it and then a stretch of rain.
Hope y'all have a great day and are able to something you love!

Iris Girl
April 24th, 2017, 08:28 AM
Morning all. somw sun to start then clouding up for rain looks like rain almost every day for the next 2 weeks... Finished the fox quilt and am working on the giraffe quilt then a new purse for myself , then my sons quilt. Its been in a bag for a bout a year and a half. He chose everything then we sidelined it , he just asked this week wheres my quilt? So I guess time to get it worked on.
Hoping Olive feels better today. Work today. Mondays are kinda bust as they seem to be return days. Son will be grilling tonight decontructed kabobs in a pouch. Be the last grill day for awhile.
Anita grats on a win of anything, like you I never win anything. I was surprised when I got an email from the place I get pet meds from saying my review won me a cat pet pack! Kittys win.

Ginny B
April 24th, 2017, 08:43 AM
Good morning everyone. Here we are at Monday again. It's a payroll submission day so it will be a busy day -- hopefully I get everyone's timesheets in a timely manner. We got an e-mail on Friday afternoon saying that the system that we were trying to use (a clock punch in type system) was being discarded and we are going "in another direction". So we are back to strictly paper timesheets. Which is actually making less work for a lot of people since trying to match the "paper" timesheet to the "ulti-pro" information was beginning to be a nightmare with all the glitches in it and adjustments that had to be made because of said glitches.

We had a busy weekend. Max' 7th birthday party on Saturday was fun. Henry came over early in the morning and we got to spend some fun time with him before heading to the party. Then yesterday we went and got some azaleas and a "few" other plants and got to work in the yard. We got a lot of clean up done and a couple azaleas and one forsythia planted. We've got a bunch more to do but it was a good start. I enjoyed spending the day outside. I did get some sewing time in on Saturday evening. I worked on putting the Chenille-it strips on the quilt I am making for our little Lily.

Monique, sounds like a real fun weekend. Barb, sorry Olive didn't have a good few days. {{{Hugs}}}} Anita, a Quilt Show. Sounds like fun. I too would have thought a door prize at a quilet show would have been something sewing related too. April, good luck with your son's quilt. I am going to be starting a giraffe quilt too after I finish Lily's quilt. My dil loves giraffe's and has a lot of them around for Zeke so I will all a giraffe quilt to his room.

Have a great day everyone.

JCY
April 24th, 2017, 09:02 AM
Good Monday Morning ~ Yest. was church & a quick stop at Vitamin Cottage on the way home. I got some FMQ done in the afternoon. Today I have a much needed massage scheduled for 11 a.m. The usual Mon. laundry, etc. Our weather is supposed to be much cooler this week--only in the 50's for daytime highs. No more time now.

Navy Wife
April 24th, 2017, 09:58 AM
We ended up with almost 2 inches of rain yesterday. That was at the airport, but lots of places got more. Many schools are closed today because of flooded and washed out roads. It's still gray and cloudy, but no more rain expected. I'll spend the day finishing cleaning the bonus room so I can take a few things back up there. Then I have to finish getting fabric ready for a quilter's sale. All my hiding places are full and running over, so it's time to purge!

shermur
April 24th, 2017, 10:03 AM
Morning....

Weekend was busy here too; rainy and cold! I took Halona clothes shopping at a consignment store; the poor child has gained weight and broke down crying before we left the store, having to buy her three pairs of jeans that were larger than normal. It broke my heart that Halona had a realization that everyone in our family, especially the females, has had to endure many times over the years.
Halona has decided to get the weight off as long as I get on the wagon with her.

I also purchased back ground fabric for a pattern in the new Mod Block 3, Susannah on Steriods.

Here's the first block I did.....

MaryUK
April 24th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Good morning all, or should I say good afternoon where I am. Quite sunny here with a few clouds but a sneaky wind. Our forecast is sleet and snow later in the week!!!

Been to the supermarket this morning and spent an hour on the computer and phone with the utility company - got 27% knocked off my energy bills as they were overcharging me and I would have ended the summer with a LARGE credit balance so very pleased there. Also phoned the telephone company for a better deal and got money knocked off there and free calls anytime in the UK so all in all a good day so far.

DD started a new job today and so can't wait to hear how she got on. They're coming for their evening meal so going to do some plain wholesome food - shepherds pie and veg followed by apple pie and custard - a real 'stick to your ribs' kind of meal!

Going to spend a couple of hours in the sewing room, hope you all have a lovely day.

WendyI
April 24th, 2017, 10:33 AM
Good morning all. Had a rough weekend. Was sick on Friday and took until late Saturday to recover to the point of functioning. Still not a 100% but was good enough to go on a date on Saturday. Sadly, nothing will come of it but it was fun anyway...stayed out very late and literally slept all day on Sunday. Probably was not recovered enough to be having such a late night! Today I am still tired. Will be glad to get this thyroid thing under control so I'm not so tired all the time.

Barb I'm sorry to hear Olive did not have a good weekend. Sending (((hugs))) to her and you, Jeff and Dottie also. I know this is a difficult time.

I am at work and very bored. I hate it when it's slow. So gonna catch up on here and then try and find something to do. Sending love and hugs to all! xoxox

PatinValrico
April 24th, 2017, 12:23 PM
Good morning all from not so sunny FL. Had a peaceful weekend with church on Sunday. Today will be a clean up and regroup from the weekend and either start FMQing a new quilt, working on the binding on another, or starting a new one. Laundry to wash and more to fold. Prayers and hugs for those who need them and for those who do not. Have a super Monday all...

CraftyJnet
April 24th, 2017, 02:21 PM
Good morning all.
Saturday plans changed dramatically when my MIL called because she was sick. Spent the day in emergency with her; they wanted to admit her but she refused. So we've spent the weekend taking turns here at her house taking care of her. She has a bad case of pneumonia. Darn Kaiser did not send home oxygen even though she was on it at the hospital and needed it. So she can't lie down because she can't breathe well in that position. I think she is a little better today, no fever. We have a follow-up apt on Wednesday with her doctor so we shall see. Hope all of you have a good Monday. Big HUGS to Olive and her mommy.

KPH
April 24th, 2017, 10:04 PM
Happy Monday all,

It's been a stressful two weeks. Selling a house is a pain in the caboose! The folks that want to buy the house, or their agent, is making life difficult. Put chlorine in the well, put a shut off valve on the septic tank, the roof is sagging, the shower heads leak, the hot water heater is set too hot.

The misery just keeps going on. The due diligence period ends on Thursday. They wanted to extend it. Oh no, I won't go through more of this. A contractor is coming tomorrow to see about the roof (that's less than 5 years old) what ever else he's going to tell them. I'm not doing anything else on this house. I'm angry, frustrated, and making myself sick over this mess.

Closing is supposedly May 15. Then we have to close on the house we're buying on May 17. Those folks are depending on us, I'm depending people that are trying to get us to come down further on our price? My heart can't take much more! I told DH today, I was reaching the end of my rope.

Thursday, hurry up and get here!

Oh, and IHG wrote a letter that we'd used my credit card at one of their hotels and they've identified malware installed at that hotel. Thank goodness, the credit card company was so kind. New card on the way, old number has been cancelled.

shirleyknot
April 24th, 2017, 11:22 PM
Happy Monday all,

It's been a stressful two weeks. Selling a house is a pain in the caboose! The folks that want to buy the house, or their agent, is making life difficult. Put chlorine in the well, put a shut off valve on the septic tank, the roof is sagging, the shower heads leak, the hot water heater is set too hot.

The misery just keeps going on. The due diligence period ends on Thursday. They wanted to extend it. Oh no, I won't go through more of this. A contractor is coming tomorrow to see about the roof (that's less than 5 years old) what ever else he's going to tell them. I'm not doing anything else on this house. I'm angry, frustrated, and making myself sick over this mess.

Closing is supposedly May 15. Then we have to close on the house we're buying on May 17. Those folks are depending on us, I'm depending people that are trying to get us to come down further on our price? My heart can't take much more! I told DH today, I was reaching the end of my rope.

Thursday, hurry up and get here!

Oh, and IHG wrote a letter that we'd used my credit card at one of their hotels and they've identified malware installed at that hotel. Thank goodness, the credit card company was so kind. New card on the way, old number has been cancelled.

Stand your ground! If they want it they will buy it. Some people just have to see how far they can push before its "over the cliff".

Star lover
April 25th, 2017, 07:08 AM
My sister had nothing but headaches when selling her house. The laundry list went on and on and ..... she finally found out that the people interested in buying were waiting for some government check in order to purchase. Since it was past the original date she said done. They offered more $$$ if she'd wait with them. She said did ya hear me? Done! She raised the price (she had done a ton of work to please them) sold in less than a week to someone who had the $. Instant peace. She's now happily living in NC...where she just LOVES it!

KPH
April 25th, 2017, 05:20 PM
Thanks Shirley and Anita. I'm feeling better about it today. I know our agent has our back, and she 'schooled' their agent on the value of our house. So, it will be what it will be.

Worked on packing boxes, but I'm ready to start a quilt so I can relax!