PDA

View Full Version : Happy Saturday

Ginny B
April 22nd, 2017, 09:22 AM
Good morning all. Cloudy, grey day here but heck, it's Saturday so I'm still happy. We've got our Henry arriving shortly. His mom and dad have something to do today so we will have him this morning and then we'll all head to his cousins birthday party.

Should be a fun day.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday.

Navy Wife
April 22nd, 2017, 10:19 AM
Cloudy here also, and storms expected later. I've been doing a garage sale. I wish you all were here. I have yards and yards of quilt fabric. I'll have to have a fabric sale later.

Hope you are all well today, and having a great day!

Iris Girl
April 22nd, 2017, 10:20 AM
Morning all its kina dark and spritzin rain. Not sure if we will see the sun, will hold off on laundry. Shopping done. My fabric for the giraffe quilt is ordered the stripe and backing have all the rest in stash. Gonna make some apple tarts today I seen on Ina Garten's food network show. Some sewing will happen need to get the fox quilt done so I can start on the giraffe quilt. Have a good one all.

CraftyJnet
April 22nd, 2017, 10:34 AM
Good morning!
Finally finished my Fancy Forest quilt top. Today I will go in search of backing fabric. There is a Beverlys about half an hour from me that carries lovely fabrics so that is where I'll be headed. Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday. (I'm ignoring the bad weather!)

Bubby
April 22nd, 2017, 10:35 AM
Morning Everyone...It's a drippy, foggy morning with more of the same for the whole weekend. It rained hard all night, but we're not complaining because we really need the rain. Jeff is heading out to do a little turkey hunting in our woods.

Ginny, have a great day with Henry and at the party. We don't seem to go to parties like we used to. I love to go to parties for little kids because one of my favorite things is to hear little kids sing.

I should be sewing on my quilt but right now machine embroidery is calling my name.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Saturday with hugs....

toggpine
April 22nd, 2017, 11:47 AM
Good Morning!
Spring break is almost over. We got some stuff done, not as much as we would have liked, but we had the stuffy nose snorkels.

Next week it's back to work. I am going to try a few new things to help my little dude with his anger management issues. He can be the sweetest kid and then the slightest thing will set him off. I have some bubbles so we can practice our deep breathing and who doesn't like bubbles?
I wish I had been able to get more sewing done, but it will still be there when I get to it I guess.
The coffee cup has run dry, so I had better get on with the day.
Have a great day!
Hugs, Cathy

JCY
April 22nd, 2017, 04:37 PM
It's already afternoon here. We started out cloudy with some drizzle. Sunny skies now! It never got above 52 deg. yest., but it's already into the 60's. It's supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow. Yeah.

This morning I scrubbed the bsmt. shower. Always a big job, because it also involves scrubbing DH's shower bench, etc. I hand mopped the floor on my hands & knees & washed the 3 rugs. I'm glad that chore is done. The last load of laundry is in the dryer.

Yest. I made another practice sandwich. I was having difficulty getting my stitches to look right. I finally made the necessary tension adjustments to get things satisfactory. I did more FMQ. Not quite done yet, but getting close. I also watched some of Kimberly's tuts on FQ Shop. I printed off a couple easy ones: "Layers of Charm" Quilt & the "Jelly Roll Twist" pattern.

Well, I'm finally ready for a late lunch.

jjkaiser
April 22nd, 2017, 08:59 PM
Ah Navy Wife my dh went to U.T. so I know exactly where you live!! Wish I could say I'll be right over to paw through your fabric. Good luck with your sale. I love rumage sales, going to them, having one is alot of work. Last summer I went to so many in search for a metal wheelbarrow and a little red wagon and struck out on both. Everybody I talked to said they wish they had those two things!