PDA

View Full Version : It's a dark wet Friday

Monique
April 21st, 2017, 08:47 AM
Good morning friends. Another dark rainy day here but I prefer this to snow any day.

I didn't do much of anything yesterday. I managed to get a few stitches in and then took a nap. We went to the racetrack for supper again last night. Les owed this to his sister as part of a Christmas present. We had a lovely time and she was quite behaved. We were home late. Driving home on the 417 (highway) I ran over a large animal, it might have been a deer, that had already been run over just before. I can't even tell you what it was and I didn't have time to try and avoid it, it was dark, I had a tractor trailer passing me on the left and a car behind. Whatever it was had just been hit by a car (the car was on the side of the road and the person was inspecting his vehicle). Our van is okay.

I don't know what today will bring yet. Probably more quilting. I was given permission to set up an information booth at the Relay for Life in June, for Knitted Knockers. They are sending me posters and such. I feel very strongly about this volunteer group and want to spread the word, as there are many people who have never heard of them before.

We are attending an auction sale tomorrow. I also have a baby shower in the afternoon but I don't know if I will be able to make it. I do have a gift in any case. Then on Sunday I have to attend a Lionette Rally. I don't have to cook and that works for me. On Monday, I have to attend a funeral for a fellow Lionette who passed away a few days ago. She was also a lifelong friend to my mother-in-law.

Have a great weekend friends. Stay safe and play nice.

JCY
April 21st, 2017, 08:55 AM
You're the early bird, Monique. Of course, I'm always up at 5 a.m., but I don't always have time to post prior to fixing DH's breakfast, about 6 a.m. We got some much needed rain yest. eve. Even had some brief lightning & thunder. Hopefully the rain laid down the pollen so my allergies won't be so bad today.

I bought 6 (14 lb.) bags of lawn fertilizer yest. on sale at Lowe's and spread 3 bags on our large lawn. I finished before lunch. I wanted to get that down before the rain & sprinkler system start-up this a.m.

I had a good hour or so for FMQ yest. afternoon & eve. I just have a little bit more to do on the main part, then I'll do the border separately. In the eve. I watched 2 hrs. of The Amazing Race. The teams were in Norway. Such spectacular scenery.

Have a good Friday & week end.

Star lover
April 21st, 2017, 08:59 AM
Mornin Monique and all...
Dark and dreary and cool here too. But like you said better than snow. Oh my, the Lord sure was looking after the two of you. So thankful you're fine and your van is ok too. Kinda scary.... sounds like you have a busy ..... week ahead.

Managed to mark some on the dreaded quilt, still have a bit more. I see daylight but still not liking this quilt much AT ALL!! Will be happy when it's done and I take a pic and stuff it in a drawer, closet....don't care.

Hope y'all see some sun or you're the sunshine in someone's life! Enjoy!

Monique
April 21st, 2017, 09:03 AM
Mornin Monique and all...
Dark and dreary and cool here too. But like you said better than snow. Oh my, the Lord sure was looking after the two of you. So thankful you're fine and your van is ok too. Kinda scary.... sounds like you have a busy ..... week ahead.

Managed to mark some on the dreaded quilt, still have a bit more. I see daylight but still not liking this quilt much AT ALL!! Will be happy when it's done and I take a pic and stuff it in a drawer, closet....don't care.

Hope y'all see some sun or you're the sunshine in someone's life! Enjoy!

If you REALLY don't like you could always donate it to charity!

Star lover
April 21st, 2017, 09:25 AM
If you REALLY don't like you could always donate it to charity!

I'm gonna give my kids first pick, if not.... we'll see. It's a queen size, heavily hand quilted.
My DH says that after it's been put up for awhile, I'll love it! He loves it. But it's all about al the problems I've had in the marking of it. I started hand quilting on it last year in March.... granted, because of my problems I didn't spend as much time on it as I normally would, so that's why it's taken sooooo long.

Monique
April 21st, 2017, 10:04 AM
I'm gonna give my kids first pick, if not.... we'll see. It's a queen size, heavily hand quilted.
My DH says that after it's been put up for awhile, I'll love it! He loves it. But it's all about al the problems I've had in the marking of it. I started hand quilting on it last year in March.... granted, because of my problems I didn't spend as much time on it as I normally would, so that's why it's taken sooooo long.

I have a half finished one myself, so I know where you are coming from.

Bubby
April 21st, 2017, 12:09 PM
Morning All...I was up with the Girls most of the night due to the thunderstorms we've been having. It's still raining today and will continue through the weekend. Olive is having another happy day. She took a long morning nap and then took all her meds and ate her breakfast. She's taking her after-breakfast nap now. Around 1 pm she and Dottie will curl up on our bed for their early afternoon nap....

Jeff has to work a few hours over tonight. He is off tomorrow and we are trying our best not to go to the apartments.

I love todays new tutorial and may give it a go.

Wishing everyone a good day. It seems like yesterday was Good Friday....where does the time go?