PDA

View Full Version : Another Emily Update

janluna
January 11th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Things are going to move swiftly now. We are asking for prayer for Emily to make through her surgery tomorrow. They are putting in a Double Lumen Power Port in the morning. They had to do another emergency transfusion late this afternoon. Her platelets had already dropped to 1000, even though she just had a transfusion yesterday. The Dr. wouldn't put the port in until she was at 50,000. He changed his mind after conferring with her other Dr.'s. What should be an out patient deal will be overnight and most of Thursday, so that they can be sure she doesn't have a bleeding problem.
Next week she will go to Wisconsin to meet Dr. Margolis. And the transplant will begin. She will be home first for a few days and then back to Wisconsin. The donor has been notified and we are waiting for confirmation that he/she can travel at the drop of the hat. Her transplant should have been done already. Because of the delays, and the jerking around they have done, this is critical. Emily needs her transplant yesterday! We are asking for prayer for tomorrow that the power port surgery goes well and that she does not Bleed too much. Also, that she doesn't have to have more transfusions as they can be detrimental to the transplant. She is now up to 15 in the last 4 weeks.
God bless you all for praying for Emily( and the rest of us). Please pray for her tomorrow. I will update as soon as I know anything. I will be with the girls tomorrow and during the night if Joey can't change his shifts. Knowing the firefighters as I do, he will probably have plenty of coverage. 485 of them showed up for the first bone marrow drive. We are so blessed. He is their brother and they will be there for him.
Thank you all, God Bless you! Love, hugs, and prayers for those who are in need. Jan L.

SuzyQue
January 11th, 2012, 02:06 AM
Hang in there, Jan. I can't imagine how scary and difficult this must be for everyone! Of course, I will pray without ceasing tomorrow for your precious Emily. Please keep us posted. May the Precious Lord hold all of you in the palm of his hand! SuzyQue

HandsOffItsMine
January 11th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Jan, spoke with you in PM, know that we're there for you and Joe. Prayers and healing light to our little Emily, prayers for the Luna family in its entirety.

(((Jan))) through cyberspace as I can't be near you. God will be by her side!

Love you, Ruby

phoots
January 11th, 2012, 03:24 AM
I'm praying for Emily and family!
Pam in Vegas

Bubby
January 11th, 2012, 07:47 AM
At last the doctors are going to do something!!! You and your family have our prayers...(((Hugs)))

Blondie
January 11th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Jan, I am praying each day and right at this minute.

quilter.martha
January 11th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Prayers unceasing are being lifted up. Giving thanks things are finally happening. Praying the transplant can happen ASAP.

Hang in there Jan, we're all pulling for you.

MRoy
January 11th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Jan, praying for Emily this morning and prayers will continue through the day. You're all in my thoughts.

meemeecyn
January 11th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Prayers for Em, her parents and you, Jan. Such a tough thing for you all to have to go through.
Cynthia

KiltedQuilter
January 11th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Thinking of you all and Emily x
Whenever I read anything here I just am spurred on even more to want to give blood(I am such a wimp when it comes to needles!) Next blood drive 'round here I'm going.
They don't just have drop-in clinics to donate blood at the hospital, wouldn't that be a good idea though?

Sandy Navas
January 11th, 2012, 11:33 AM
My prayers are being said daily, nightly, right this minute - my heart is aching for you and the family. Hugs to you, my dear friend.

CrazyMtnLady
January 11th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I wish I was there to offer you any help you might need, or at least a shoulder to lean on. Emily is in my prayers every day and on my mind often throughout the day.
Our God is an Awesome God and I know he is watching over you.

Hugs.

stitching woman
January 11th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Jan, The prayers are on going for Emily and the family my God bring all of you peace and support in the coming days.
I hope you can feel my hugs across the miles.

BellasQuilts
January 11th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Jan, we are all here beside you. No worries, prayers are continually being said for our dear girl. Hugs, Megan

sewmuchjan
January 11th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I am praying for Em and all of you my dear friend. God will show you the way and I am glad that you all have found the right Dr. to help Em. Those prayers have been answered, and know that I have never stopped praying for your Em and you.

God Bless and keep you, Em, Joey, and Heather and all in His loving arms.
Love
Jan G

brittyboo07
January 11th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Prayers are going up for Emily and your family. I know I am new here but we could all use an extra prayer from time to time.

ginampls
January 11th, 2012, 08:34 PM
wow,... i have the candle burning in my heart... it is a big one... lots of healing to allof you...
Jan you are very specialtome...

SummerK
January 11th, 2012, 08:41 PM
We'll be praying for you all throughout. *hugs* Summer

mianmom
January 11th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Jan, please know that you, your family and of course Emily is in my thoughts and prayers!

Lola2Ace
January 11th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Hugs and prayers to you and all of your family.

Angela C.
January 11th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Many prayers are being said for Emily, Laura, Sarah, Heather, Joey and you to Jan.....Specific prayers..... <3 Psalm 103:1-5

ChristineB
January 12th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Prayers from Ontario, Canada for Emily and you and the entire family!!!

bec
January 12th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Jan, I'm keeping Emily in prayer as well as her family and of course, you. I know this is a difficult time, but our heavenly father is there for your family to draw strength. Hugs.

paulettepoe
January 12th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Forgive me, I'd like to jerk that doctor around for the delays. Bless you and your family. the Lord is mindful of your needs.

Sewbee
January 12th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Jan...my prayers continue for your dear, sweet Emily and her family. Life and our loved ones are so precious. May God bless and surround all of you with His love.