PDA

View Full Version : Thursday has arrived

Monique
April 20th, 2017, 09:18 AM
Good morning, sorry I am late this morning. Had one heck of a good sleep last night, the muscle relaxer helped although my back is so sore this morning. I have to get that stretched out.

Work went fine yesterday and I set up the little machine right on the desk. Sewed away for a while and then crocheted for a while. The day went fairly fast. The road between here and there is not in the greatest shape (it's a back road but deemed to be a highway). At one point is it gravel, then pavement, then gravel. Well where there is gravel there is a swamp and it is flooding again this year. It is really scary to drive through it. At least you could see the yellow lines but still scary. Of course the erosion isn't getting any better either. I met the Ministry of Transport guys working further down the road and complained to them about holes in the road. What did they do? Put up more warning posts. UGH!!!

So today is what? Probably more quilting as I have to finish the quilt for the Relay for Life.

Anywho, have a great day everyone.

Star lover
April 20th, 2017, 09:40 AM
Monique, sure hope you work out the kink outta your back. Never fun. Injured my back....oh wow, 20 years ago. Whew, time flys. Ended up having surgery for 2 ruptured discs which had moved my spinal cord. Now...ya never knew I had anything wrong! Yeah. Pouring down rain now...they were only off by a day. Nice job...guess, get it wrong, get paid.
Have to stop on the quilt I'm sewing on to mark the lines on another section of a quilt I'm hand quilting .... hating this quilt... for now. Long story. Just can't wait to finish it........ sigh.
Hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful day!

Bubby
April 20th, 2017, 09:54 AM
Morning Everyone....We are supposed to get some much needed rain for the next few days. I plan to give the grass a good mow this morning if it's not raining.

Olive is back home. She was so sad at the hospital that they called for us to come for her. This morning I got her to eat a little but so far she hasn't taken her meds. Dottie was almost overwhelmed to see Olive. She barked, cried and ran laps around the yard. Olive ignored her and went right to her toys (her babies) to count them and make sure no harm had come to them. Tom guesses she has 1-2 weeks left or until she begins to have pain and so far there is no sign of that.

Today is my yogurt making day so I need to get into the kitchen and rattle some pots and pans. I quit making yogurt for a few months and realized I quit eating yogurt, so it's time for me to get back to it.

Wishing everyone a blessed day...

grammaterry
April 20th, 2017, 10:18 AM
Well, back to work for me today. Might be a relief although I'll miss my sewing room. DH has been on. Snit since i forgot to get his truck renewed. He is such an unforgiving man! I called for a wellness check on my 90 yr old mother. Had tried to reach her by phone for more than a week.she lives in Utah with my nephew. I suspected he unplugged her phone since last Wednesday he told me he didn't like dealing with her after my calls. Such a mean little man. Anyway the niece in law called and said, seriously, did you call the cops on us you stupid, f#%&@#$_& b#@&$#. Quite frankly, I'm over it. They are all, including my mother, drama seeking trash!
Forgive me for ranting negative. I just had to tell someone so I can get on with my day.

Star lover
April 20th, 2017, 10:25 AM
Grammaterry - rant away. We've all been there at some time or another. It always helps to unload and this is a safe place to do so. Hope your day just gets better and better. You are the ray of sunshine your family needs but won't appreciate! Love your spirit.

Monique
April 20th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Grammaterry - rant away. We've all been there at some time or another. It always helps to unload and this is a safe place to do so. Hope your day just gets better and better. You are the ray of sunshine your family needs but won't appreciate! Love your spirit.

Well said Anita. I don't like drama either.

seaturtle
April 20th, 2017, 10:54 AM
Terry, I hope your day gets better and you meet some wonderful people at work who can lift your spirits.
Barb, continued prayers for you family as you enjoy your time with Olive. I loved hearing about Dottie's response and can just picture her running in circles. How sweet the bond that they share!
Monique, I hope your back feels better soon.
Anita, I have had quilts like that. I took (and am still taking) a little break from quilting. It has helped. I will be going back to my quilting soon.

Finished up the master BR painting and hung the drapes yesterday. After all the painting this year, I think I'm ready to get back to quilting. I have two tops finished that need to be sandwiched and quilted. I intend to start working on one of them today.

Have a great day, everyone!

JCY
April 20th, 2017, 11:23 AM
Good Morning, All ~ The sun was out, but now it's PC. We're supposed to get rain this afternoon. I'm hoping to get the fertilizer spread on the lawn before the weather changes. We get our sprinkler system start-up done tomorrow, so I want that fertilizer down so it will get soaked in. Now if I could just wave a magic wand & all the dandelions would be gone!

Yest. a.m. was Bible Study. I had 6 stops after that. Ate my usual $1.94 Wendy's lunch, then on to the errands. I was home just before 2 p.m. DH always is anxious & worries when I'm out & about. He's so dependent on me that he worries something will happen & he'll be left with no caregiver. He felt up to helping carry in the groc. & put some items away on the bsmt. shelves.

I did FMQ for <1 hr., but little by little I'm chipping away at getting this one done. It's a lap quilt that I want to gift to a friend who's having a lot of health problems. She may need to go on kidney dialysis soon.

Yest. eve. was 2 hrs. of Survivor. I didn't realize it was going the 2nd hr., so I had to fix my late supper on the commercials. It's always interesting when someone gets blindsided & voted off.

Maybe you saw on the national news about the house explosion in Firestone, CO. It's been on the news for 3 days here. The homeowner (a plumber) & his BIL were working on the HWH. They both were killed. The wife (a school teacher) is in the hosp. with severe burns. The 2 children are ok & are with family. The house is a total loss. So sad.

Terry, sorry about the situation with your mother & relatives. I hope you have a good day at work. When will the restaurant roof be repaired? Any bites on your biker quilt? I hope everyone has a good Thursday.

JCY
April 20th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Grrr! I failed to click somewhere & my post went off into cyber space! So I'll start again. We have morning sun, but we're supposed to get rain this afternoon. I'm hoping to get the fertilizer spread before the weather changes. We're scheduled for our sprinkler system start-up tomorrow. I want that fertilizer down before the rain & start-up.

Yest. was a busy day. Bible Study all morning. Had my quick $1.94 Wendy's lunch, then off to do errands. I make 6 stops in all. I got home shortly before 2 p.m. DH was able to help carry in the groc. & put some items away on the bsmt. shelves. He so anxious & worries so whenever I'm gone; he realizes if something happens to me, he'll be stuck without a caregiver & he wouldn't be able to cope alone.

I did <1 hr. of FMQ last eve. Survivor last night turned out to be 2 hrs. instead of one, so I had to hop up on the commercials to fix my late supper. It's always interesting when someone gets blindsided & voted off. Survivor & Amazing Race are my reality TV shows. We really don't watch a lot of TV other than the eve. news & our favorite church programs on Sundays. I do enjoy watching quilting tuts on YT. I watched Angela Walters' "Scrambled Plus Sign" Midnight Show yest. afternoon. I also checked out the pattern for The Road to Oklahoma.

Well, it's time to get my breakfast going & on to the day's plans. Terry, I'm sorry about the situation with your mother & relatives. It must be frustrating for you. I hope you have a good day at the restaurant. Any takers yet on your bike quilt? When will the roof be fixed?

WendyI
April 20th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Morning everyone!! Barb, nice to see Olive is home and with her "babies" and Dottie is happy. Grammaterry, I would not have those people in my life. period. No one deserves that kind of treatment.

Today is a rainy day. Of course it started pouring just as the shuttle dropped me at the office after dropping my car off. Getting my winter tires changed out on my new car. Tonight I go for a mani/pedi and then home to clean more. My floors haven't been mopped in forever. yuk! The other day Liam came home from school and couldn't find the bird. She had gotten off her cage again, wandered all over the place pooping everywhere but was still not in site. Then he noticed the cat staring intently under the china cabinet! BAD CAT! The bird was hiding under there. So have to clean all that mess up and her cage as I haven't had time lately. uhg.

Then tomorrow I have a date and another on Saturday. Will be interesting.

Off to do some training for a new person....ugh. Kill me.

Sending love and hugs to all in need and those who are not too! xoxoxox

cv quilter
April 20th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Terry, so sorry about your family drama. I hope that you are able to get on with the day and put that "away". Don't dwell on it.

Beautiful sunny warm day here in AZ. I'm going out to the shed and sort through 3 boxes of Christmas stuff that has been taking up room on the floor so that Fred can easily get to his riding mower. Will take any I don't want to Goodwill. I've been going to do it since after the holidays. Then will get into my sewing room and hopefully finish putting the "Let's Go Camping" (Anita Goodesign) quilt together and get her sandwiched. We are leaving on a month long trip on the 2nd of May and Fred is really anxious for me to finish it and take it with us. Hope you all have a wonderful day and that all is well with each of you.