PDA

View Full Version : .....home again!

bubba
April 19th, 2017, 10:15 PM
MM was discharged this afternoon and is back home. We were just talking and he is the best I have seen him since his first surgery. Perhaps this time around, he will listen to me when I tell him something is wrong. When we were talking to the discharge nurse today, I was asking why he had no fever with the massive infection he had. Then before she could answer, it occurred to me that he was on Aleve and Tylenol and they hid the fever! I had been taking it at least 2x a day and never once was he running one and there was no sign of that infection as it was all internal. Now we know what to be looking for, but I'm very hopeful it won't be recurring!

We found out he does not qualify for homecare because he is able to leave the house and get to the doctor when needed. I have looked at the open incision the past two days and I have not thrown up or passed out yet, so hopefully it will be fine. It just has a loose bandage over it so air can get in there while it's healing and closing up. We have to go to our daughters everyday so he can shower (we have only a tub and it's upstairs), let it air dry, cover and come home. Should take about two weeks. The doctor is very pleased with his progress.

As before, thanks for all you thoughts, words and prayers!

Sandy Navas
April 19th, 2017, 10:17 PM
I hope MM realizes what a JEWEL he has!!

Kgrammiecaz
April 19th, 2017, 10:24 PM
What wonderful positive news. So good to hear. You both are troopers to get through all of this!

Caroline T.
April 19th, 2017, 10:36 PM
So glad he's on the mend. Continued prayers being said for MM, you, and your entire family, that there will be no more set backs, and only healing for MM and many joyful years to come for all of you.

JaniceR
April 19th, 2017, 10:39 PM
So glad he's home and doing well! You both have been through so much!! I will pray that all goes well this time and that he keeps feeling good and heals quickly! I hope you both get some much needed rest!

KarenC
April 19th, 2017, 11:35 PM
Praying for great results this time.

bubba
April 19th, 2017, 11:57 PM
You know, I had not really felt tired, just on edge with him in the hospital. Now that he is home, I am absolutely exhausted! I'll wait till he is tucked in for the night, which will be a couple hours, and then I'm hitting the hay!

sew-what2015
April 20th, 2017, 12:15 AM
Glad to hear that things are looking more positive. Take care. Prayers continue.

auntiemern
April 20th, 2017, 12:20 AM
Glad to hear he is home and all is going well.

Simply Quilting
April 20th, 2017, 12:37 AM
I'm glad he is home again. Praying you both get the much needed rest.

stationarymom
April 20th, 2017, 01:07 AM
Pat i'm glad to hear that they released MM.You will be able to deal with his wound since you have seen it already.We are always much stronger than we realize.I will keep you and MM in my prayers and hope he has a quick recovery this time around.

Iris Girl
April 20th, 2017, 05:20 AM
Glad to hear he is home looking good and healing well. Now you both need rest.

Bouse
April 20th, 2017, 06:28 AM
Sounds like he is making a positive recovery this time.

Star lover
April 20th, 2017, 07:48 AM
Praise the Lord! Oh so thankful things are going in the right direction. Will continue prayers for a trouble-free full recovery. And that you are able to handle everything without getting exhausted. Such great news!

Monique
April 20th, 2017, 09:20 AM
I am glad he is home and that you get some needed rest.

klgls
April 20th, 2017, 09:42 AM
So good to hear that he is doing better - get some well-deserved rest!!

seaturtle
April 20th, 2017, 10:10 AM
Glad he's home and hope you both can get some much needed rest.

JCY
April 20th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Wonderful news that your DH is home & on the mend. Continued thoughts & prayers. Hang in there. You can do this!

WendyI
April 20th, 2017, 11:44 AM
So glad he is home and now you can rest too! Wishing a speedy recovery for him and lots of rest for you both!! xoxo

laura44
April 20th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Great news, praying for a speedy recovery.

TMP
April 20th, 2017, 02:51 PM
It sure is good to here that he is home and is doing better . Bless his heart he has been through a lot . He is a very lucky man to have you!

Ginny B
April 21st, 2017, 08:01 AM
So happy to hear MM is home again. Hoping you are both getting much needed rest and the road to recovery has no more bumps in it.

bubba
April 21st, 2017, 03:33 PM
I'm able to rest a bit better, but like a new mother, I keep an ear open for him during the night. Had a bit of a set back last night. Sat down to dinner and he ate one bite and puked. That worried me quite a bit, but a few hours later he was fine and able to eat. We'll see how today goes.

I did sew last night!! He wears what we call a night bag, but medical people call them Foley bags, when he sleeps. This last hospital stay, they had things they stuck on his leg to hold the tubing in place. Well, I can do better than that! I made a band from cotton and elastic with some Velcro and he tested it out for the first time last night......SUCCESS!!

Star lover
April 21st, 2017, 03:47 PM
So happy things are looking better....and clever you - they got nothin on your ingenuity! Praying things continue to get better and better.