PDA

View Full Version : It is a grey Wednesday

Monique
April 19th, 2017, 07:28 AM
Dark cloudy skies overhead. We are in for a rainy day as well as the next 3 I think.

Well today is another work/quilt day. Yesterday was just a work day and it was fairly busy. Having been closed for the long weekend, it was make up day. But the day did go by fast. I got shopping after work and bought myself some clothes with the gift cards I received.

I have my project all ready to go along with my sewing machine. For clarification purposes, I won't be sewing at the desk, I will wait until lunchtime (I have 3 hours).

Hubby works tonight so I will just hand over the van and off he goes.

Oh I forgot to tell you I received my birthday gift from my son yesterday - a book titled Walk, Master Machine Quilting with your walking foot by Jacquie Gering. I have subscribed to her Craftsy classes but I heard this book was fantastic.

Have a fantastic day everyone. The week is half over already.

Iris Girl
April 19th, 2017, 07:34 AM
Morning all. Looks like rain moving in later this afternoon or evening. Clothes on the line hope they get dry before rain hits. Finished the raccoon quilt and started the fox quilt. Have 1 block done and 4 more cut and ready to sew. Day off today so we shall see. Have a great day all.

Star lover
April 19th, 2017, 07:41 AM
Mornin all. Never made into my sewing room yesterday; too much to do. Hopefully today will be better. Suppose to have storms later, so I'm hoping to get the lawn cut this am. After that, maybe sewing. Well ya can't work outside when it's raining and I did tons of stuff inside yesterday....so I think sewing would be in order.....just have to wait and see.
Monique, sounds like an interesting book. Such a sweet thoughtful son to get it for your birthday!
Hope y'all get to enjoy today and are able to create something that makes you happy!

Monique
April 19th, 2017, 07:52 AM
Morning all. Looks like rain moving in later this afternoon or evening. Clothes on the line hope they get dry before rain hits. Finished the raccoon quilt and started the fox quilt. Have 1 block done and 4 more cut and ready to sew. Day off today so we shall see. Have a great day all.

You're on a roll girl.

Monique
April 19th, 2017, 07:53 AM
Mornin all. Never made into my sewing room yesterday; too much to do. Hopefully today will be better. Suppose to have storms later, so I'm hoping to get the lawn cut this am. After that, maybe sewing. Well ya can't work outside when it's raining and I did tons of stuff inside yesterday....so I think sewing would be in order.....just have to wait and see.
Monique, sounds like an interesting book. Such a sweet thoughtful son to get it for your birthday!
Hope y'all get to enjoy today and are able to create something that makes you happy!

He may have had the information sent to him, hahaha!!

Star lover
April 19th, 2017, 08:06 AM
He may have had the information sent to him, hahaha!!

Sometimes a nudge is all they need!

Cathy F
April 19th, 2017, 08:09 AM
Morning all,
Sun's not shining yet, hope it shows it's face. I'm off to my quilt retreat this morning my husband is going to pack up the car for me. Seems like I have everything but the kitchen sink! Taking both my machines with me as the gal who runs the retreat's husband is a certified Janome tech and he will clean and service them for me. He does a great job.

Monique, very thoughtful gift and one I'm sure will get much use.
Wishing everyone a good day must get myself moving and dressed I have a 4-4.5 hour drive to the retreat. Hope traffic is cooperating this morning.

Bubby
April 19th, 2017, 08:40 AM
Morning Everyone...It's supposed to start raining today and continue for 3 days into the weekend. Dang, I had the bug guy scheduled to come out today to see about the millipedes on the porch.

We picked Olive up from the vet yesterday evening. She refused to eat anything there. If she doesn't begin eating here today she has to go back to the vet and get the IV again. So far all she has touched was a few of the little training treats she loves. Tom said her urine tests are looking better. She is napping in the living room right now. I hope she wakes up really hungry.

My allergies kept me awake all night. The oak pollen is thick in the air. I hope the rain washes a lot of it away.

Have a good day everyone.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 19th, 2017, 08:45 AM
Good morning friends! The fun with family members visiting is about to be over, my Iowa folks left Monday, NY folks left yesterday, and my Georgia girl is leaving today. We've had a great time together, much of it spent with the kids playing Minecraft with each other involved! It's a good thing I have a good router to be able to use all that bandwidth at one time!

My daughter from Georgia decided to spend an extra day here, and we got her on the longarm last night to quilt her first quilt. She had her granddaughter here for a few days, and they made a doll quilt together. Then yesterday, she helped me quilt a quilt for one of her friends. She wanted to experience completing a quilt. She is a quick study and we got her baby jelly roll quilt done. She had never done binding, so we got that lesson in also. We need to sew down the binding, that will be our final lesson before she leaves today.

So it has been a very wild and crazy week for me, but totally wonderful! Hope you have a great day!

grammaterry
April 19th, 2017, 10:38 AM
Sounds like jean's had the most fun. Raining here today as well. Finished the butterfly quilt ,and the 45 block of the 16 patches. Now for the snowballing pieces!

WendyI
April 19th, 2017, 11:13 AM
Morning all! Sounds like everyone is having lots of fun quilting. I really need to get back on that horse! Monique, good of your son to understand the nudge and get the book for you. I may have to look into that one. Barb, I hope Olive wakes up hungry and gets back on her feet soon. So hard when our furkids are sick. Jean I am not only jealous of your large family but your long arm too! So glad you had a nice visit with everyone.

Nothing new with me...work, spring cleaning, sleep. I'm exhausted these days...the insomnia sucks...but hopefully with the nice weather I will get some energy. It's raining and cloudy here today and all I want to do is curl up in bed.

Sending love and hugs to those in need!! xoxox

Granny Judy
April 19th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Checking in, lots of life stuff happening: not all bad, not all good. Just Life and now the weather is warming up, a lot of outdoor stuff to clean up and make pretty.

I do have a Quilt in progress for a niece of my Son N Law.. (I live with him and my daughter). Her mom passed away before any of children were here.. so I am sort of helping the rest of the family to step in and fill that role. Just a Quilt in her nursery colors. Grey, Yellow, white.

I'm at this stage:

putting all the blocks together to form the weave. It's a bit challenging, but I can make this one with jelly rolls!! I figured out the blocks all by myself and darn it's working!!

Star lover
April 19th, 2017, 01:18 PM
Congratulations on you enginuity! It looks great even at this stage. Love the color combos.