PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday and it's a chilly one

Monique
April 18th, 2017, 07:23 AM
Good morning friends. A chilly start to the day today. Not sure how warm it will get but I sure wish Spring you get its act together.

I had a marvelous day with Bonnie yesterday. Did a quick shop and ended up with a new pair of Sketchers that were on sale. I normally don't pay this much for a pair of shoes but they should be just the thing for work and being comfortable. A few things picked up at Walmart and then it was off to lunch. Our usual wing place was closed so we went to Eastside Mario's. Then it was off the quilt store. Hmmm well I treated myself to a little jelly roll (only half the size) but it was blue and 20% off.

I work today until 1 pm and Les has to take his brother to the city for an eye appointment. Not sure if I will get to the sewing room this afternoon or not.

I also work/quilt all day tomorrow. I am thinking of taking my Featherweight with me and work on some blocks for a baby quilt.

Have an awesome day everyone.

Star lover
April 18th, 2017, 07:27 AM
Good morning Monique and all. Happy to be home after a few days with family. Too much for me, but it was OK.
Happy you had such a good visit Monique and you were able to restrain yourself with just a small bite of a jelly roll.
Restraint ain't even my middle name. Got tons of laundry and chores. Hoping to at least get in my sewing room. Time will tell. Hope y'all have a great day and are able to enjoy doing what you love!

Bubby
April 18th, 2017, 07:57 AM
Morning Everyone.

Monique, I'm so glad you have another great day yesterday. Since you turned a year older you are showing great restraint in the fabric arena...lol!

Anita, you're such a hoot!! I'm glad you're back with us. Sometimes those family gatherings get a bit dramatic/intense. I no longer communicate with my MIL and it will be interesting to see how that plays out. Jeff called her for Easter and my name wasn't even mentioned....and I like it that way.

Yesterday I squared up a bunch of tiny HSTs I made from scraps. If I use them in a project they will be 1" square finished....am I crazy or what!

Those of you who remember back to last summer and our millipede invasion on our front porch....well, they are coming back. I have an exterminator coming by tomorrow if it isn't raining. This is insane and it's enough to make me want to move if they can't be controlled.

Okay, I need to begin my day and she what Dottie wants. I think she thinks we should go to the park for a nice long walk this morning. She may be correct. The sun isn't even up yet so she will have to hold her scottie dog horses for a bit.

Have a good day everyone.

Iris Girl
April 18th, 2017, 08:31 AM
Morning all the sun is shining but chilly 40 here only to get in the high 50's possibly 60 today. This morning I finished the binding on the Raccoon quilt. It will go in the wash when I get home and out on the line. A picture will follow. This morning I got an email saying I won a toy pack for the kitties from pet shed. I get their worm pills from them an wrote them a nice review. A co worker who got got a machine from her Boyfriend for Christmas is ready to start trying a quilt. (she had given me all her fabric and attempts at making a quilt which was a bunch of cut squares a year or 2 ago. I turned them into a quilt and gave it back to her) She has a self healing mat she uses for scrapbooking, I will take her a ruler and 2 rotary cutters from my way too many stash to help her along. This is her holding the quilt I made her from her pieces she gave me.142138

KarenC
April 18th, 2017, 08:39 AM
Good morning all. Today's just another work day for me. The boss has jury duty, so he won't be there. Don't know why he bothers me, he just does. Well it will be a sort week, since I leave on vacation Friday and am off all next week. Going to visit my BFF in Albuquerque. Can't wait to see her. It's been about a year, and that was just a meet up for breakfast. Hope you all have a great day today.

Ginny B
April 18th, 2017, 08:54 AM
Good morning all. It's a nice sunny morning here. Not sure what kind of day it will be at work today. I know the morning will be busy with some monthly billing I need to enter onto the State's website but the afternoon may be quieter. We will see. My boss is back in the office after a couple days of being off so it might be catch up time with her. I wish I could bring my featherweight to work with me Monique. It would fit perfectly on the "L" part of my desk. :)

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone.

JCY
April 18th, 2017, 09:03 AM
Good Morning ~ It's 50 deg. here & expected to be 80 today. We're having some nice weather. Most of my tulips are blooming now. So much lovely color in the yard. The grape hyacinths are popping up all around. You know it's spring when the Grackles and Starlings are back. Lots more robins, too, as they migrate north. I've also heard the Red-winged Blackbirds, although I haven't seen one yet. I like the little house finches. Some of our neighbors have bird feeders, but I just keep a water dish in the back yard. It attracts the birds. The squirrels also come for a drink.

Well, time to fix DH's breakfast. I hope everyone has a good day.

I haven't decided yet what I'll do today. I have several housecleaning chores on my list. My son is coming for a visit May 5, so I need to spruce up things around here. I got quite a bit of FMQ done yest. My R. knee lets me know! I have the majority of the panel quilted, then I'll need to do the border. I'm fairly pleased with how the Meander Feather pattern is looking.

Eian Mcneely
April 18th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Hi Monique, lovely to hear of a wonderful day. Me also working on my quilt today and the weather is nice with clear blue skies.

Love for all

seaturtle
April 18th, 2017, 11:26 AM
Late morning here, just getting started. I finished painting the master BR yesterday so I am moving rather slowly through the morning. I expect to spend the day cleaning as I ignored everything last week to focus on painting. I managed to give the main floor a once-over before Easter, but that was it. Now it's time to pay the piper.

I'm picking up my grandson from school today so that cuts my time short. I haven't sewed in over a week and I'm starting to miss it.

Hope everyone has a great day!

PatinValrico
April 18th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Happy Tuesday everyone! I have been sketching FM doodles every evening. They say this is to build muscle memory. My 4 year old granddaughter sometimes watches. I have been watching Jamie Walden's basic swirl video and working on my swirls. This morning I went to the dining room table and saw that she had been coloring. There were dozens of papers with little swirls all over them. This made my day before I even got out of my PJ's. Life is good!! :icon_cool:

KarenC
April 18th, 2017, 02:25 PM
Happy Tuesday everyone! I have been sketching FM doodles every evening. They say this is to build muscle memory. My 4 year old granddaughter sometimes watches. I have been watching Jamie Walden's basic swirl video and working on my swirls. This morning I went to the dining room table and saw that she had been coloring. There were dozens of papers with little swirls all over them. This made my day before I even got out of my PJ's. Life is good!! :icon_cool:

That is so sweet.

WendyI
April 18th, 2017, 04:04 PM
Well hey everyone. Hope you all enjoyed a nice long weekend. April I was disappointed that it wasn't your face in that pic! LOL! I would have loved to see it!! We need to have a thread where everyone posts a good pic of themselves so we can put faces to names! I know some people are not comfy with that though. :( Anyway, the quilt you made is gorgeous! I need to get into it again! I really do! I miss it!

I posted a new thread about me so won't blather on in here.

Sending lots of love and hugs to those in need! xoxox

Monique
April 18th, 2017, 08:21 PM
Hi Monique, lovely to hear of a wonderful day. Me also working on my quilt today and the weather is nice with clear blue skies.

Love for all

Hi and welcome from Canada.