PDA

View Full Version : MM part 87.....

bubba
April 18th, 2017, 01:37 AM
Several people have contacted me about an update on my man. After the experience of Friday and the surgeon up in Bellevue (40 miles from home) getting so mad that he was going to have him xported by ambulance back to that hospital. We have been more than happy since they moved him to a the surgical/wound care floor. They did move him to a new room on the same floor. Each floor has four wings and the wing he was moved to is still surgical/wound care, but not as closely watched as the other one was. I think of it as being one step closer to the door.

I was there this morning to see the doctor and he said he would be back tonight. Well, I sat there until 9pm before coming home. I walked in the back door at 2115 and MM just called at 2130 to let me know the doctor was there!!! We had a couple questions, but I had written them down so MM would remember what they were as he gets a little foggy minded right now.

So, I think he will be home Thursday, maybe Friday. They are talking home health care which will be nice as he will have an open wound and Pat does not want to deal with that business......

Thanks for thinking of us! ♥

K. McEuen
April 18th, 2017, 02:06 AM
I had to backtrack through your old posts to see what happened Friday, thought I had missed something. It seems like longer ago than that when he had to go back into the hospital! Hopefully things have slowed down some for you and you've been able to rest.

And yeah, yuck on the open wound thing. It needs to drain and heal from the inside out, but I wouldn't want to have to deal with it either.

Kgrammiecaz
April 18th, 2017, 02:25 AM
I had to have wound care at home for about two months after surgery to remove MRSA infection I got when I had shingles. It is not fun. But the home health care nurse took care of everything. Pain was minimal. I would always take pain med though before she got there Even my newly graduated RN daughter did not want to deal with it. Of course now with her experince it would not be an issue. But it will heal much better this way. Continued prayers added for a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Judy, USMC
April 18th, 2017, 02:43 AM
Yea for Home Healthcare! Much more comfortable for everyone involved. That care giver can also address any other concerns you have. They may not be able to give you any answers but they have the doctor's ear and can convey your concerns.

And I agree that in the beginning MM taking a pain pill before the nurse even gets there would make it easier on him ... especially the first few times. Keeping ahead of the pain is key! Hope this is the last complication and he now has a speedy recovery.

bubba
April 18th, 2017, 02:55 AM
We also found out tonight that the drain he has now will be in for a week or two. Last Tuesday night when he sneezed, he felt a 'pop'. Of course, he failed to tell me and did not mention it until Thursday night at urgent care! The doctor told us this morning that the 'pop' was a stitch that broke inside....he saw it during surgery!

And I wish I knew what rest was! I lay here trying to fall asleep at night and can't. I am afraid to take a sleep aid in case the hospital calls about something that I might need to go down for, because I would not be able to drive. I can live with a few more toss and turn nights and nap when he gets back home.

KarenC
April 18th, 2017, 05:38 AM
Bless you. You have both been through so much lately. I think that the previous surgery vacation has worn off a long time ago, and you will have to plan another relaxing trip soon (hoping) for post recovery celebration. Thanks for the update. We're always thinking of you.
Ps - don't know why, but every time I read one of your posts, I think of when you met Rob at the forum retreat last year.

sew-what2015
April 18th, 2017, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the update. Lot to deal with. Take care of yourself.

Star lover
April 18th, 2017, 07:09 AM
Whew, wow, so much for you and your husband to deal with. I'll keep praying and hopefully this is the last time you have a set back. You can get used to all the wound and drain thing.....but it ain't easy or fun. So happy you're able to have home nursing care! Much better than for you to do it. Hope you can rest some.......

Jean Sewing Machine
April 18th, 2017, 07:11 AM
Thinking of you both, hoping and praying for a smoother road ahead! Glad you are getting the medical support you need, you have a lot on your shoulders, my dear! Guess I don't even need to say that out Loud! Been there myself, it's very scary and exhausting.

Iris Girl
April 18th, 2017, 07:16 AM
Thinking of you and hoping for a smooth recovery. Take care of yourself and get some rest.

Monique
April 18th, 2017, 07:16 AM
Aw Pat. I wish I could be there to help you out, or at the very least let you get some rest and field the phone calls if necessary. Take all the help you can as you deal with this. He needs you healthy, so take care of yourself too. I shall continue saying prayers for a speedy and healthy recovery.

Suzette
April 18th, 2017, 08:38 AM
You guys have sure had a tough row to hoe. Both of you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. hugs!

Ginny B
April 18th, 2017, 08:47 AM
More {{{hugs}}} to you as you and MM go through this ordeal. He will be home soon and back on the road to recovery. I am glad to hear you will have a home health aide to help. Try to get some rest. Thanks for the update.

Hulamoon
April 18th, 2017, 09:26 AM
I'm glad your going to get in home care. When I was taking care of my aunt they were talking catheters. I was like I don't think so.

Take care of yourself :)

Caroline T.
April 18th, 2017, 09:36 AM
Pat, I will volunteer to be your personal Uber driver, if you promise to get some much needed sleep! I'll even park myself in your driveway if that's what it takes to put you at ease (but please let your friends know in the police department so if they get a call from your neighbors about the strange car casing the joint :icon_heh: ).

JaniceR
April 18th, 2017, 10:54 AM
I'm very glad to see an update and one that sounds like things are on the right track finally! Like the others, I am so glad you will have help from Home Health care when MM gets home. I think it will be a very good thing for both of you. Continued prayers for you both.
Hopefully you can get a little rest before he comes home.

seaturtle
April 18th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the update, Pat. I'm glad things seem to be moving in the right direction. I hope you can get some sleep over the next few days so that you're rested up for the move back home. So relieved that you'll have help from Home Health this time around. Continuing to pray for both of you.

bubba
April 18th, 2017, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the update, Pat. I'm glad things seem to be moving in the right direction. I hope you can get some sleep over the next few days so that you're rested up for the move back home. So relieved that you'll have help from Home Health this time around. Continuing to pray for both of you.

Thank goodness it's only a five minute drive!! I could probably walk, but with my foot it would take over an hour!

Pat, I will volunteer to be your personal Uber driver, if you promise to get some much needed sleep! I'll even park myself in your driveway if that's what it takes to put you at ease (but please let your friends know in the police department so if they get a call from your neighbors about the strange car casing the joint :icon_heh: ).

See above......I don't think I nee an Uber driver....besides I don't have a driveway!

kaydee
April 18th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Have you tried Tylenol PM? I think you could drive even if you took that, couldn't you? (Maybe even just one, rather than two.)

WendyI
April 18th, 2017, 03:22 PM
Well now I have to figure out what happened!?! Hope that he gets home soon so you can get much needed rest! Sending healing love and hugs to MM and you too! xoxoxox

auntiemern
April 19th, 2017, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the update. Happy to hear he is getting home health care. Dealing with all of that is not something I would be crazy about doing either. Take care of yourself too. You can't take care of him unless you take care of you first.