PDA

View Full Version : It's Easter Monday

Monique
April 17th, 2017, 08:15 AM
Good morning friends. I hope you are all not too pooped out from Easter celebrations.

I haven't had such a wonderful birthday in so long. It started Thursday when hubby and I went out. Saturday morning, my friend Lynda, came over with a pattern for a bag, which included zippers and mesh, and a seam roller. She also took me out for breakfast. Saturday night we had dinner with friends with a delicious chocolate cake. Sunday morning I had coffee with Doug and another piece of cake. Last night I enjoyed a delicious turkey Easter Birthday dinner with the in-laws. AND I got to bring home a little red velvet cake. AND today I get to do it all again, as Bonnie is taking me out. Thankfully I don't get to eat all the lovely birthday cakes I got sent on Facebook.

Between my friends here and on Facebook there were over 100 messages, it is hard to believe. I feel so loved by all of you. Thank you all so much for being part of my life. This is the first place I go to every morning and I love you all.

I work tomorrow and Wednesday. So Wednesday will be a quilting day of some kind.

Have a wonderful day friends. And thanks again.

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
April 17th, 2017, 08:23 AM
Good moring and happy belated birthday to you.

I had a very relaxing Easter day. It was just my myself and hubby this year. Since it was my birthday weekend also My DH did all the cooking and cleaning up this weekend.

Going to tackle the start of my quilt kit he gave me for my birthday then go to physical therapy. Other than that not much else going here today.

Ginny B
April 17th, 2017, 08:30 AM
Good morning all. Happy Monday. Poor Monday. It's always so maligned. "Just another manic Monday" is a common mantra on Mondays. I think I want to start looking at Monday much like I usually look at New Year's Day. The beginning of a new "adventure".

Monique, I'm so happy you have had such a wonderful few days. That is as it should be..... a special birthday for a special lady.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

MaryUK
April 17th, 2017, 08:34 AM
Hope everyone had a lovely Easter. Over in England it's a bank holiday so we've had Friday and Monday off! DH and I went to North Yorkshire on Friday in the caravan with DD, SIL & DGS and were meant to come home today but DH was ill from Saturday evening and slept for the most of Sunday so DD drove us home and left the others there. I think he only had a stomach bug and is feeling a little better today but not great - the wonders of sleeping in your own bed!!

So today​I have started the washing, unpacked and been to the supermarket, this afternoon I can party in my sewing room yayyyy!!!

Hope everyone has a lovely day!!

Iris Girl
April 17th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Morning all. Easter was quiet as its just us and the boys. I managed to get 1/2 the raccoon quilt quilted. Sat I finished the flower bed up with extra dirt and chips. Also made my son 2 pairs of jams/skater/surfer shorts.
Monique sounds like you had a great Birthday!
Everyone have a great day. Thinking school is back in session here and my day at work will be a little less stressed. Happy Monday all.

JCY
April 17th, 2017, 08:50 AM
'Morning, All ~ It was a quiet Easter at our house, too. Church in the a.m. (I go alone. DH hasn't felt up to attending church for 5 yrs.) They served goodies, coffee & iced tea in the foyer after the service, so folks could mingle & visit. I went by Wal-Mart on the way home to pick up 3 Rx's. It was just DH & me. He ate his usual fare; I had a frozen entrée. In the afternoon I put in an hr. of FMQ until my L. hand started to tingle, so quit. It was a beautiful day with a high temp. of 80 deg. My tulips are in full bloom now & are so colorful.

Monique, it sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. Belated wishes from me. I hope everyone has a good Monday.

Bubby
April 17th, 2017, 08:51 AM
Morning Everyone....Our Easter was a bit bittersweet knowing it was the last one Olive would spend with us. We had a nice meal and ate way too much as usual.

Olive is not doing well. She hasn't eaten anything since Friday morning and her urine output has decreased markedly. I will take her to the vet today and see what he has to say. Jeff and I both think this may be the end. Today is Olive's 8th birthday.

It's raining here and may continue off and on all day.

It's good to hear that everyone had a good Easter and that Monique had a grand birthday!

Hugs All Around.....Have a good day everyone.

Mom23
April 17th, 2017, 09:14 AM
Good Morning All,

Barb, thinking of you as you go through this journey with your little Olive. It sounds like you have a kind, caring and compassionate veterinarian guiding you through her last days.

Whew, what a weekend it was. We only get together with my mom's side of the family once a year and it's Easter Sunday at my house. We serve a brunch and hubby and I prepare everything. People come in and out all morning but this year we were all together with the exception of my uncle and his family of 27 people. They had a different function this year and were greatly missed. Here is a picture of everybody. Getting the house, yard and meal ready is exhausting but so well worth it.

Today is a business work day for me so cleaning up from the weekend will have to work. We have a guild meeting tonight but I think I am going to skip it. I'm tired already and it's 7:15 in the morning.

seaturtle
April 17th, 2017, 09:35 AM
Monique, so glad you had a wonderful birthday weekend! Happy belated!
April, I like those jams! I need to make my DS one of those.
Barb, hugs and prayers as you head to the vet today with little Olive!
Robin, that is quite a crowd you have there! No wonder you're exhausted this morning.

We had a wonderful Easter with family. Today, I'm going to finish painting the master BR. I worked on it all last week, but just couldn't get that last wall done. Today's the day. I haven't seen my sewing room for a week, so I'm anxious to get the room done and get back to it.

Have a great day, everyone.