PDA

View Full Version : Mama April is having her baby!!

Hulamoon
April 15th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Finally!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz_errIBq3Y

AnnieF
April 15th, 2017, 10:33 AM
Dang, I'm starting to push with her!

Mimi_Howard
April 15th, 2017, 11:05 AM
Amazing. Such a long way to drop. Here I sit saying... come on little baby, wake up, move please!

Vonnie
April 15th, 2017, 11:32 AM
Is that the Papa next door? He/She sure is interested! Thanks for posting this.

Hulamoon
April 15th, 2017, 11:41 AM
It's papa. Actually April was on birth control, so this was a surprise. I had one of those too. lol

asta
April 15th, 2017, 12:23 PM
That was exciting, almost like watching a grandchild making it's way into the world, DH and I enjoyed this experience over our morning coffee. Thanks for sharing the update Lorie.

Bubby
April 15th, 2017, 12:31 PM
The baby is so darling. Seeing it get up onto its feet for the first time was a treat.

auntiemern
April 15th, 2017, 01:16 PM
It's about dang time. Was awesome watching the baby be born and trying so hard to get up. Now the 'watchers' can get on with other things, lol.

Hulamoon
April 15th, 2017, 03:26 PM
It's about dang time. Was awesome watching the baby be born and trying so hard to get up. Now the 'watchers' can get on with other things, lol.

Yea now to the contest of naming it. lol

That was fun. I'm happy I was up to post it for you guys. It seems it grew twice the size already!

SallyO'Sews
April 15th, 2017, 09:46 PM
Wow. Really glad I got to see this. Really, really, RREEEEEAALLLLLYYY glad I gave birth in a hospital with lots of drugs. :icon_surprised:

JCY
April 15th, 2017, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the post. I skipped ahead to the actual birth. On the evening news they showed the baby on his feet walking around. Cute!

Rhonda K
April 17th, 2017, 07:18 PM
Beautiful animals!

Wasn't there another delivery shown earlier this month? Perhaps on April 1st? There was an announcement on a national news channel indicating "any time now". It was another park but the same name.

Easy to be confused! LOL!

Hulamoon
April 17th, 2017, 07:28 PM
Beautiful animals!

Wasn't there another delivery shown earlier this month? Perhaps on April 1st? There was an announcement on a national news channel indicating "any time now". It was another park but the same name.

That was this one. Since she was on birth control they didn't get the date quite right. Giraffes usually go 15 mos and this went sixteen. And now I know too much about giraffes. lol He sure is a cutie!

Star lover
April 17th, 2017, 09:55 PM
Rats! Missed it all. Been on baby watch ever since you first posted. We had lots of family stuff and travel over Easter and I missed it all! Double rats. I wonder if the video is still out there .... gonna check.

Hulamoon
April 17th, 2017, 10:11 PM
Rats! Missed it all. Been on baby watch ever since you first posted. We had lots of family stuff and travel over Easter and I missed it all! Double rats. I wonder if the video is still out there .... gonna check.

Seems YouTube only keeps four hours of live feed, but they logged it and have it there :)

It took about an hour. I was up a 3am and caught it live. I'm such a dork about stuff like this. lol

Star lover
April 17th, 2017, 10:17 PM
Seems YouTube only keeps four hours of live feed, but they logged it and have it there :)

It took about an hour. I was up a 3am and caught it live. I'm such a dork about stuff like this. lol

Thank you soooooo much. Dork? Are you calling me a dork? I didn't think so. Thanks for posting, I enjoy this stuff too! Gotta go - I have a birth to watch!

Hulamoon
April 18th, 2017, 12:15 AM
Thank you soooooo much. Dork? Are you calling me a dork? I didn't think so. Thanks for posting, I enjoy this stuff too! Gotta go - I have a birth to watch!
No lol. Remember Disney nature shows on Sunday nights? Are you old enough to see those? They are having one this week. We got National Geographic in the mail and I read every thing. I missed a calling somewhere along the line. Darn

Cokie
April 18th, 2017, 12:57 AM
I just learned about this a few days ago and I'm already in love with the baby giraffe! I was really sad to learn that they're taking the giraffe cam down in a couple of days. Would be nice to follow his progress for a while longer.

Star lover
April 18th, 2017, 06:54 AM
No lol. Remember Disney nature shows on Sunday nights? Are you old enough to see those? They are having one this week. We got National Geographic in the mail and I read every thing. I missed a calling somewhere along the line. Darn

I do remember the Disney nature show.... sadly I'm that old. I remember about 2 years ago there was a live birth in Texas and when the baby boy was about 4-5 months old he injured his neck and died. Sure hope April's baby stays safe! Such a cutie. I stayed up waaaay to late last night watching the rerun. I'm up at 4 am and didn't get to bed until after 10 pm. I'll be dragging today. But it's worth it to see the birth and know they're both just fine.

Hulamoon
April 18th, 2017, 08:47 AM
I just learned about this a few days ago and I'm already in love with the baby giraffe! I was really sad to learn that they're taking the giraffe cam down in a couple of days. Would be nice to follow his progress for a while longer.

I saw that. Maybe after the Park opens they will do some videos. I was using the site as my screen saver so I'm sorta sad. lol

WendyI
April 18th, 2017, 04:10 PM
yes there was...I can't recall where but there was another baby giraffe born...his name is Dobby.

Beautiful animals!

WendyI
April 18th, 2017, 04:11 PM
PS...I have been watching her since February!! We had a live feed on a computer at the front desk going since then! LOL!

It was nice to see the birth in real time. xox

JCY
April 18th, 2017, 06:19 PM
I saw a post today that they're turning off the live feed this week. Apparently mama injured one of her legs & they've been getting so much e-mail, etc. It sounds like she's doing better & baby is fine. There will be a contest to name the new baby. People can pay $1.00 for submitting up to 5 names.

Hulamoon
April 18th, 2017, 09:21 PM
It wasn't just that April twisted her leg. They took down a lengthy explanation. Trolls were coming out saying the keepers and vet weren't doing their jobs, move the cameras, your not feeding them enough and even that the mother wasn't taking care of her baby.

I would take it down too. I really don't get people sometimes. Just enjoy what you don't get to see everyday.

cv quilter
April 18th, 2017, 09:43 PM
Lorie, my DD and DGDIL have been watching.......Easter day was so fun because they were discussing the excitement of April finally (amen for April) giving birth to this handsome boy! This was incredible to watch.