PDA

View Full Version : Happy GOOD FRIDAY!

Monique
April 14th, 2017, 08:17 AM
Well it is going to be another beautiful sunny day today. Whatever today's weather is, it is supposed to be like this for 40 days and 40 nights as the saying goes.

I did not get much quilting done yesterday. We did end up going to the racetrack for supper and races. We won a little and lost a little, pretty well came up even. We had a great night.

Not sure what today will bring. Depending on the weather, we may do some yard work around the house. They used a lot of road sand and salt this year and it gets onto the lawn. Lots of cleanup work to be done.

And maybe more quilting too, we shall see.

Have a great Friday friends and HAPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL!!

Ginny B
April 14th, 2017, 08:35 AM
Good morning. Happy Friday all. We've had pretty good weather here this week and the weekend looks like it will be pretty good too. My two eldest sons will be coming for the weekend and my sis and her boyfriend Larry will be coming on Saturday. We'll bbq that day and Sunday we'll have an early dinner of lasagna.

I am hoping that we can bolster my oldest sons' spirits a bit. He lost his job earlier this week. It's been a really rough few years for him. He was out of work for a couple years and finally got a job in February. Then this week something happened while he was taking a large barrel of some chemical off a high shelf with his forklift and it got caught on something and a chemical spill was the result. Since he was still within his 90-day probation period and this was a serious incident, they let him go. He was devastated and his self-confidence is back in the tank. He suffers from depression and I am fearful of what this might do to his mental state. I am anxious to actually see him instead of just talking on the phone. I will get a better idea of where he is at. If you could, prayers for him finding a new job would be appreciated.

As far as work goes, it's been a fluctuating week of "busy, busy busy" and "wow, it's quiet around here". I think today will be one of the quiet days. I hope everyone has a good day and a wonderful weekend.

Bubby
April 14th, 2017, 08:42 AM
Wishing everyone a wonderful Good Friday....Today Olive has an appointment with the vet. I have to make a very serious decision regarding her future. Jeff refused to discuss it and he left for work in a hurry. Olive's birthday is Monday....she will be 8. Today as we drive to Houston the highway will be lined with Christians holding large white crosses. We honk at them and wave...it's always an uplifting day for me.

Ginny, is this the son who just bought his own place? Either way I will pray for him and his mental state.

Jeff and a helper will work at the apartments tomorrow. I will stay home and work around our yard and try to get some housework done. This is the year I quit doing heavy manual labor. I was told to quit 10 years ago, so you can see I don't always do what I'm told....stubborn Irish woman that I am.

For our dinner I will be making a batch of beef stroganoff. This is one of our favorite meals.

Have a great day everyone.

Cathy F
April 14th, 2017, 09:06 AM
Morning all,
The sun is gracing us again today and I really hope this will continue as it's just so nice to be out and about without being rained on.

Ginny, will keep your son in my prayers for a new job and his health. No matter what age we worry about our children.
Called to invite my son's family for Easter breakfast, someone must have left the fax machine on and couldn't get through. I called my granddaughter's phone as she's the one who usually calls back right away and my message went to"sorry the person you're calling is unavailable" and to her mailbox. Sooo today I wanted to do the food shopping for the breakfast and have no idea if they'll be available to come, uggggh!
Well enough of my rant time to get a move on and see what unfolds as the day goes on. Wishing everyone a good day!

Ginny B
April 14th, 2017, 09:07 AM
Barb, no that's Rob, #2 son. However, #1 son John, lives in the same house. They both lived in our Brooklyn house and when Rob picked his new place, he looked for something that could accommodate living space for his brother. Of course, it will affect Rob too as far as the household expenses go since John won't be able to contribute for a while. {{{{{Hugs}}}}} to you as you visit with the vet.

peggiep
April 14th, 2017, 09:25 AM
Happy Good Friday, everyone.
Prayers are with Bubby and Ginny for positive outcomes for each situation you are facing.

The grandkids are all down with colds so I don't expect we will see them for dinner at my BIL's on Saturday. Hoping, however, they will be well enough to drop in for the annual Easter Egg hunt at our house on Sunday. ..weather permitting!

Beautiful day today, but it is still too wet to work on the flower beds so I will just have to be patient and wait another week. I will probably finish my Tulip wallhanging today and work on the Solstice Challenge today. I just love the asymetrical design.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

pcbatiks
April 14th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Good Friday morning forum friends.

We took my parents out to eat last night for my dad's birthday. His b-day is Saturday & he was hungry for boiled crawfish so we decided to go eat last night. The crowds of people eating boiled crawfish on Good Friday around here are huge.

Today I will go sew for a couple of hours with quilty friends and back home to spend the day with my DH. We will probably mow the yard since the weather shows rain coming everyday into next week. Not sure if we will get together on Easter or wait until next weekend...hopefully for better weather.

Ginny.....definitely will be adding my prayers for your sons health and a new job.

Barb.....sending a big hug with prayers.

Navy Wife
April 14th, 2017, 11:05 AM
Another beautiful day in east TN. We've had sun and temps in the 80's all week. Next week looks like more rain, but we need it. I've been taking stuff down from the bonus room for a garage sale next week. There is so much stuff! And the house is still full!

#1 son and DDIL will come by Sunday morning to go to church with us and back for dinner. She is cooking here. They are redoing their kitchen. They ripped out everything and moved outlets and lights around and tiled the floor. Now the cabinets have arrived and are being installed. All this time they have been cooking in the laundry room with a hot plate and various small appliances!

My prayers are with those in need, and I hope you all have a blessed Easter.

KarenC
April 14th, 2017, 12:56 PM
Good morning and day to all. I finally got some inspiration regarding a quilt I had loaded on the longarm, after ripping out yesterday. I really needed to go with a different color thread. Once I changed to a thread that blended better, it started coming together. Yey! It's about time. Lately I feel like I have ADD. I was worried about the house because the appraisal came in a lot lower than the offer, so negotiations started all over again. Praise the Lord, we came to a happy place. Hopefully we will still be able to close at the end of the month. I should be working out my budget for retirement, but just not in the mood. Sprinkler system guy came to check out the system yesterday at the new house. Really nice kid, and very patient making sure I know how to adjust it, etc. etc. DD & SIL are coming over tomorrow, so I need to go to the grocery, after having lunch with a friend.

Ginny, so sorry to her about your son. That's a bummer, and it's so hard to build that confidence with our children who are struggling these days. Extra prayers for you.

Barb, praying for strength for you and Jeff, with the decisions you're facing with Olive.

JCY
April 14th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Just after 12 noon; I'm just getting here to chat. I checked in for the DD early this a.m., so grabbed the Summer Breeze IV. I have some of the others -- II & III, I think. I love the blues & yellows & all the florals. I ordered the DD + bought a 2nd charm pack at the reg. price.

It's gorgeous here. Already 80 deg. It got up to 86 yest. afternoon. Our lawn service came & did the annual spring clean-up. Things looks so much better now. I have the sprinklers going now. It's been soooo dry! I think we'll have the sprinkler system start-up done next week. I'm tired of dragging around the hoses & moving the sprinkler every 30-40 min.

Today the house smells like bread. I baked DH's 2 loaves of spelt bread. The 2nd loaf will be ready to take out of the oven in a few min.

Yest. I did some FMQ practice of some of Angela Walters' patterns: the swirl with a hook, the meander feather, & the paisley feather. There are some short tuts on YT for these. I've watched them twice. The meander feather seemed to flow fairly well. I may use it on the current quilt sandwich, which is a panel. I tried out some Aerofil polyester light gray colored thread. It looked good both on the front & the back, so I think I'll use that.

My hay fever allergies kicked in big time yest. after I worked in the yard for an hour. I went around the yard & cleaned the grass & leaves from all the sprinkler heads so they could be visualized when the lawn crew came. I also dug some dandelions. Ever since then, my eyes have been watering & nose dripping. Ugh. What a nuisance. I've been on a 24 hr. antihistamine for a mo. already.

It's Friday, but Sunday's coming!