PDA

View Full Version : It's getting real!

KPH
April 13th, 2017, 12:39 PM
After the stress of a 4 hour house inspection yesterday, I got to go pick up my niece's quilt. I put the binding on last night.

DS called at 9 last night, "I found the house, how do you feel about putting in an offer sight unseen?" We went through the pictures last night, it just may be the one. DS and our agent are going to look at it tomorrow, letting the seller's agent we're really interested.

Shipped the quilt this morning. We got home from the post office and I was going through my emails. We have the invitation to the closing. 5/15/17 @ 10:00am.

The lady doesn't even have the results of her $1,000. home inspection yet, the radon test is still sitting in the front bedroom.

It's going to get really busy around here. DH is reserving a trailer to take a load of stuff down when DS closes on his house 4/26/17. My quilt for the camper is due back that week, too.

Oh boy!

laura44
April 13th, 2017, 02:48 PM
Whew! I feel for you, we just put a bid on a house. I think I must be
crazy, just moved 2 years ago after living in our home for 25 years.
Moving is NOT fun. Hope you find the perfect home.

Grey Lady
April 13th, 2017, 03:41 PM
I am wondering just what these home inspections are really for. We put our 25 year old house on the market. The buyers inspection was on 4/01, it took an hour. A few days later, we get the report and find out we practically live in a dump. Unsafe staircase, unsafe windows, termites, etc. We were stunned. Brought in our contractor, he inspected, everything is sound, meets all codes. Buyer said, OK, just check for termites. The agent said some buyers use this to lower the price and don't expect the seller to push back. I happy to say we pushed. Good luck with your move.

DeniseSm
April 13th, 2017, 04:35 PM
I am wondering just what these home inspections are really for. We put our 25 year old house on the market. The buyers inspection was on 4/01, it took an hour. A few days later, we get the report and find out we practically live in a dump. Unsafe staircase, unsafe windows, termites, etc. We were stunned. Brought in our contractor, he inspected, everything is sound, meets all codes. Buyer said, OK, just check for termites. The agent said some buyers use this to lower the price and don't expect the seller to push back. I happy to say we pushed. Good luck with your move.

Something like that happened to us too. Seven years ago we put our 30 year old house up for sale. The house was in immaculate condition. We had just spent $17,000 to have both bathrooms modernized, with all the applicable permits and city inspections. The home buyer inspector wrote up several building code violations for rooms which had not been redone because they were not current with the 2010 building code. We fought back that the "code violations" he wrote up in the other rooms did not apply because that was not the building code in the year the house was built. Only the two bathrooms which had been modernized needed to meet the current building code.