PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl Just Passing Through

toggpine
April 13th, 2017, 01:52 AM
This new job is kicking my schedule to the curb! No sewing for a few weeks and I'm exhausted!

Thankfully next week is Spring Break, so hopefully I can catch up on a few things and get ahead on a few others.

I hope all is well in your neck of the woods! I've been lurking when I can catch a few minutes during a break, but that isn't as often as I d like!
Hugs my Quilty Friends!
Cathy

redcaboose1717
April 13th, 2017, 02:04 AM
I am up....waiting to see the DD .....( I am in Michigan )
I am also upset with myself. I was at Wal-Mart today picking up some medications ( new ones ) and wandered back to the fabric dept and the was a WHOLE bunch of STAR WARS fabric marked down to $2.50 per yard......I should have picked up two of the bolts of this...but dummy me, it looks like I am going back to the store as soon as I get up this am !
The fabric I am going to purchase has "Star Wars" in Gray, on a Black background ....and there's another bolt with the black fabric with a white "mask" ( I don't know my Star Wars characters...sorry ) ........

There's also some Star Wars fleece for the same price of $2.50 per yard......wow, I keep kicking myself for not getting that fabric when I was out at Wally Mart yesterday afternoon.

Now, I am going to have to sweet-talk DH John into taking me BACK out to Wal-Mart !!!
( I am still not driving long distances ....and Wal-Mart is clear across town....it's about a 15 mile trip one-way. )

Well, that being said, I should go to bed I suppose.......Hope I can sleep.

Hulamoon
April 13th, 2017, 02:06 AM
Cleaned some of my sewing room today with some new tubs. Everything was in a chest of drawers and I didn't even know what I had anymore. When I broke my wrist I made some kits with pictures that were in there. Then I cleaned the bathroom. lol

I'm happy with my day today :)

stationarymom
April 13th, 2017, 02:07 AM
Hoot hoot all is well here in my neck of the woods.I still haven't made it to my sewing machine since my surgery,but I started a new afghan.I understand what you mean about your new schedule getting the best of you.After my surgery I was lucky to make it to 11 at night,i'm slowly making it back to Night Owl hours.I hope you get to catch up with your sleep and anything else you need during break.

Simply Quilting
April 13th, 2017, 02:18 AM
I'm headed to bed shortly. I picked up the quilt from the LA earlier. Now to get the binding on it. I have the binding made, I just need to find the time to get it up on the quilt. Not a lot of sewing going on this week. I am hoping to get back to one of the quilts that I started last week after I get the binding on. One of these days, I will have a sewing room where I don't have to pick up every time I get done sewing and can leave projects out from one time to the next.

Have a hoot of a night everyone :)

Judy, USMC
April 13th, 2017, 03:54 AM
Active night owls tonight - good to see y'all!

New heat pump being installed @ 8AM. Guess I have time for a nap before they get here ... and after they leave too. The old pump was 21 years old. This is supposed to give us big savings on the electric bill. Hope it equals the increase we've seen since Steve is on the oxygen concentrator that runs 24/7 except for the hours we're either at his doctor appts or grocery shopping.

Guess I'm lucky that it failed in spring when we could do without it for a few days ... and not summer when temps are in the 90's.

Hope everyone has a great day.

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
April 13th, 2017, 06:39 AM
All is well here in my household.

I would like to start quilting my pins and paws today but with my physical therapy and shopping I probably won't be able to. But that's ok it will eventually get done.

Have a painter coming over this evening to give me a quote on some painting I need done.

Not much else going on. Did some power washing yesterday, need to finish that up but I may give myself a day off from yard work.

kimsophia
April 13th, 2017, 08:07 AM
Hoot hoot....just up to get some Advil as I made my back sore working in the garden yesterday. I was lopping off branches and it involved a lot of bending. The contractor says he is coming on Monday the 24th. I'll be glad to get those repairs done.