PDA

View Full Version : Another Wednesday

Monique
April 12th, 2017, 12:20 PM
Almost good afternoon. I was having problems signing in this morning and I forgot my password, sorry!! Anyone can start the day off if they want when I am late or whatever the circumstances.

Just got back from going out for a birthday breakfast with Doug and Les and then we went to do a little grocery shopping.

I got the quilt sandwiched yesterday and put it in the frame. I decided to hand quilt it after all. I almost have half of it done already as it is only a lap quilt.

So today I will continue with that.

Have a great day friends.

Star lover
April 12th, 2017, 12:46 PM
No worries. We don't mind waiting for you. I've been busy anyway. Monique, you must be the fastest hand quilted on the planet! Even if it's a lap quilt - wow. I'm impressed.
Running errands most of the am...now to the sewing room. Can't wait to see what can be accomplished today.
Happy day all! Enjoy.

Bubby
April 12th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Hi Monique and everyone to come. I have been busy most of the day doing chores and running to town for some produce and a quick trip to the Dollar Store.

I took a little time early today to lay out some heart blocks I've been working on. They don't look right so I will stack them up and try again another day. I had a sweet morning with Olive. After Jeff went to work she headed for our bed and made herself comfortable for almost 3 hours snuggled in the covers on her back. You should hear how she can snore. She seems to be really mellow at the moment and loving her family.

It's a glorious Spring day but I saw the first snake of the year....yikes! Jeff found a young man (the son of a co-worker) to help him with some of the outdoor labor at the apartments this coming weekend. If he works out we will hire him to do some work here at the house. You don't know how much I hope he works out....lol!

Hopefully everyone is having a good day....hugs.....

JCY
April 12th, 2017, 07:04 PM
I also didn't have time this a.m. to make a post. Today was Bible Study Fellowship. I had my quick $1.94 Wendy's lunch, then it was on to the LQS to share my Scrappy 9-Patch Star quilt. She takes pics & posts them on their fb page. I also bought 6 orphan FQs for $1.00 each & some end of the bolt fabric for 50% off. I like to use the plain FQs for practice sandwiches. I'll need 4-5 of them when I take Angela Walter's FMQ class this summer. Then it was on to the bank & the groc. store.

We're having a beautiful day. After a cool start of 38, it got up to 83 deg. & sunny. I have the windows open to move some air through the house.

Our guild mtg. last night with Karen McTavish was great. I'll write a separate post about that. I'm looking forward to the next episode of "Survivor" tonight.

Mary Lynn
April 12th, 2017, 07:10 PM
Cool & misty this morning. Cleared this afternoon. Started to piece a Dresden fan quilt. Drove to visit a friend for lunch. Her husband died suddenly this winter so it was good to talk.

TMP
April 12th, 2017, 08:13 PM
I spent most of the day in bed with a heating pad and Bengay on my shoulder. (The smell reminds me of my grandfather). Going back to the doctor for the zillion time in the morning. Nothing he does helps.

DD just called and said the 4 year old put a purple hull pea up his nose and there was lots of drama. She took him to the bed room away from everyone and said he blew his nose and it shot out like a bullet. Not sure what it is with her kids and sticking stuff up their noses. Her daughter did the same thing with a peanut when we were at Logan's years ago.

On the bright side they call to tell me my long arm is on its way and to expect delivery in the next two days. YA. I am hoping DH is rested ect. cause he is going to put it together.